Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

Really like the car. Looks great and has a decent sound. Plain white color is boring... But I don't see much of it when I'm racing anyway. Won 24 minutes of Le Mans and 24 minutes of Spa with it easily.

Really like the car. Looks great and has a decent sound. Plain white color is boring... But I don't see much of it when I'm racing anyway. Won 24 minutes of Le Mans and 24 minutes of Spa with it easily.
You might have finished first but with this car you cant really say you won it!

You might have finished first but with this car you cant really say you won it!
Just out of curiosity, why do you think so? It doesn't seem to be the fastest LMP in the game. It can do 3 laps of la Sartre on one tank of fuel, that's a big advantage vs group c cars that can do only 2 laps. I know it's a "fantasy" car but it seems to me it's pretty much in line with reality.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=3&board=110
75,000 entrants for the Nurburgring Corvette Prototype TT. Best wheel time:

View attachment 280480

First two DS3 times:

View attachment 280481

Difference: 4.5 seconds.
86 out of top 100 used a wheel.

If you check this later TT you'll find the top DS3 pilot ranked at #140 and 10 seconds off the pace: http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=3&board=134

DS3 users did quite well on some tracks, even won a couple of TT's if memory serves, but the top of the list is always dominated by wheel users.
That doesn't prove anything as you have the talent split between Driver A on wheel and Driver B on pad. If you're serious about Sim racing, you get a wheel. The more talented guys get wheels and go fast on them. I have a wheel, and on the Red Bull Ring time trial I was the 5th or 6th highest placed TS030, but my fastest lap was set on the DS3.

You take the same driver and compare their laps from pad to wheel and they should be very close

Just out of curiosity, why do you think so? It doesn't seem to be the fastest LMP in the game. It can do 3 laps of la Sartre on one tank of fuel, that's a big advantage vs group c cars that can do only 2 laps. I know it's a "fantasy" car but it seems to me it's pretty much in line with reality.

Well for starters the race starts in the wet and you are the only car with 4wd!
You can go an extra lap before refueling that saves you 10 sec a lap minimum!
The car has unrealistic levels of grip!
The fastest car around a lap does not have to be the fastest one in a straight line.
how much more help do you want?
I guess you also have abs on and who knows what other aids turned on also are you on a pad or a wheel?

As one who does not own a "five second advantage" (what you rich folks refer to as a "wheel") I have to say this is by far the best driving car straight out of the box for those of us on DS3.

Lol.

I used to think like you, so I put my money where my mouth is ('cus, y'know, I'm rich), and bought a wheel... turns out the reason why some guys are 5 seconds faster than me, is because they more skilled than I am. Who'd a thunk it...

... In my personal opinion, playing with a wheel makes the game better by a significant amount. The effect it has on lap times is far, far, far less significant.

Can confirm this car is a great contender for 24 minutes of Le Mans, and endurance races in general. Deltawing-level tirewear, and can potentially go 4 laps (at Le Mans) before refueling. I made it 3 with about a quarter tank left, but if I really worked on saving fuel instead of hauling ass every lap, I would've made 4 laps. Corners almost twice as fast as other LMPs.

The 8 speed gearbox works quite well, with my only gripe being it never actually seems to hit redline, so you don't have the convenience of the redline shift light to know when you must shift. I mean, it probably is better to shift slightly below redline anyway, but when I'm used to using it as a guide, it gets a bit more demanding on focus.

Can confirm this car is a great contender for 24 minutes of Le Mans, and endurance races in general. Deltawing-level tirewear, and can potentially go 4 laps (at Le Mans) before refueling. I made it 3 with about a quarter tank left, but if I really worked on saving fuel instead of hauling ass every lap, I would've made 4 laps. Corners almost twice as fast as other LMPs.

The 8 speed gearbox works quite well, with my only gripe being it never actually seems to hit redline, so you don't have the convenience of the redline shift light to know when you must shift. I mean, it probably is better to shift slightly below redline anyway, but when I'm used to using it as a guide, it gets a bit more demanding on focus.

The car is too easy for 24min lemans, I tried it on sports hards and still won by over 1 min
nb also with no abs or other aids

I didn't expect so many people to like my mockup :lol: Here's another one:

I still haven't got a chance to try it so I'm stealing PD's shots :D

Well, when you do such a good job, why wouldn't we like them so much? ;)

That one in particular is very well done, no colour feels out of place and no sponsors look like they don't belong in their spot. Even with PD shots only, you do a great job fitting the livery to the car. And look, it fits like a glove. 👍

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6.jpg

I'd love to know why you felt it necessary to provide this data from one of the longest tracks in the series.

His statement clearly didn't mention Nurburgring. As someone who wasn't sitting beside him as he made the post, I don't know if he intended to, I just assumed that he meant the average time difference on an average track. Y'know, the normal thing to assume.

By the logic you used, I could reply by mentioning the aforementioned tt's won by controllers and say that they are quicker, but y'know, I don't present my opinion based on extremes.
Ironically, if you were the one to have originally posted that, he would've tried to pick you apart instantly for it.

Last edited:
Best VGT so far, I see it as a free Le Mans car, and it owns all the Le Mans races in the game. Saved and earned me a lot of cash.

What im complain about this car is that the brake are unbalanced even when the ABS is on and there is no idle engine grunt like the 787B.

Any suggestions tuning-wise to improve the setup from 'stock' ?. I've tinkered with it on/off the last few days, and I can't seem to find a 'sweet spot' I'm happy with.

If I can find a good tune, I may just be willing to complete GT6 100%, just to say it's done before P.CARS comes out.

I'd tell you what I think about the Mazda .. but sadly I can't update GT6 ever since 1.15 (first part of it or whatever) .. sooo i've missed ALL the seasonal events (limited holidays ones) and the vision cars

Latest Posts

Back