McLaren Elva Revealed: 800hp Windowless Roadster That's Quicker Than a Senna

Licensing this car for a game is a great way to increase sales. Now where did I put that spare $1.8M?

With no helmet, that "bubble system" better work... Felipe Massa would say so...
Who never got a cracked glass by rocks thrown by other cars?
Something tells me a stream of air isn't going to deflect a stone heading for your face.

I nose-exhaled imagining this sitting in London traffic on a miserable winter morning. :sly:

At least they didn't call it McLaren Elsa . . .

tenor.gif

Looks like a direct competitor to Ferrari's Monza SP2 and Aston Martin's CC100. This should be a new class of open cockpit based road/race cars.

Ferrari SP2 looks way better

I wouldn't kick it out of the garage.

And everything I read makes it sound like the only place anybody would want to drive it is on a race track. I wouldn't be worried about a windshield

I wouldn't kick it out of the garage.

And everything I read makes it sound like the only place anybody would want to drive it is on a race track. I wouldn't be worried about a windshield

naw..i see it as the same as riding a motorcycle, just wear a helmet and you'd be ok taking the highway. even in residential roads would be perfectly fine without a helmet depending on the speed and season

God damn that’s a beautiful looking masterpiece of a car, I honestly just can’t, it’s just so awesome and perfect in all possible ways :drool:

McLaren are truly up there with Lamborghini and Ferrari when it comes to doing limited edition art pieces based on mainstream cars, hope they keep it up!

Guess Porsche is next with this new kind of open supercar?
That would be wise. Maybe an upgraded version of the twin turbo 3.8L flat 6 pushing 750-800hp as a tribute to the 908 back in the day. But they already did some thing like that with said engine as a 935 tribute. Only other option would be a new flat 8 twin turbo engine with over 800hp.

So it's basically Senna Spyder Superleggera? At least this doesn't look like other McLarens, so props to the styling department for actually putting effort this time. That name and the weight reduction obsession reminds me a Lotus for some reason though :lol:

I hoped they would go even more extreme and make it single seater only (McLaren's version of BAC Mono anyone?), but I imagine that would severely restrict the potential pool of buyers :P

I can't be the only one that's really not a fan?

Nah, same here. Even with a literal air windshield it's just as boring as the other 5 models McLaren has unveiled this month.

So they have this whole "Ultimate Series" going, which sounds like they should be pretty hyped-up cars that feel really special. Then McLaren turns around and makes a whole wackload of them and by that point, none of them seem special, not even the P1 which was the start of the modern era at McLaren and their oversaturation problems.

Looks like a direct competitor to Ferrari's Monza SP2 and Aston Martin's CC100. This should be a new class of open cockpit based road/race cars.
It's nice to see this niche market not only returning, but actually selling. We caught a brief glimpse of these with the Sterling Moss, Aventador J, & CC100 Speedster years ago, but only the Moss made it to production, the J is a privateer one-off, and the CC100 is in Aston's compound somewhere most likely.

Guess Porsche is next with this new kind of open supercar?
Not for a few years with the infamous Speedster just released back on to the market, commanding $400K+ values right off the bat. I would reckon Porsche is at work on a new halo hypercar like Ferrari.

Last edited:
Back