Meeting with Kazanori Yamauchi him self

• Thread starter super_fla
  • 291 comments
Fantastic post thanks for sharing!

It's becoming clear how much BS information we get one way or another. Makes the whole business a speculation quite a waste of time eh. :)

Wow man. This IS a dream true..Maybe for most GT players around. It's just crazy. Glad to see you meet KY & drove the GT-R. Then getting a PSP & PS3 both in white? & signed by him? Oh my god.. Wish you the best man. Congrats again!

Congrats Super_fla... great interview... what an amazing experience!

by the way, did you notice or did Kaz-san mention anything about more F1 cars or other open-wheeled racers? thx...

Last edited:
Well I would like to thank you for for asking some really good questions, it is without doubt the best interview of KY I have ever read, with plenty of useful information for sure. Also sounds like KY is a really nice guy. Lots of goo news, I am glad you enjoyed you trip. 👍

WOW man, Dream come true!!!

I told you guys:

attachment.php

;)

Thank you so much super_fla! You did a great job, including questions and pictures!
It must have been one of the best days in your life!
You confirmed that Kazunori is a great guy!
Thanks once again!

Hey super_fla did you happen to ask him anything about the clutch on the g25 wheel and making it not just a button. I read what he said about it not being a gt5 wheel but just checking. And yeah wonder what they are going to do about crashing cars if Ferrari said NO way, and then Porsche says Yes way.

Thanks for the great thread Super_fla, the pictures are top notch and questions you got answered are some of the best. But i have a question, did you notice any different tuning options or places where car parts might be changed. Or different backgrouds or other options that are not in GT5p.

Great interview! Thank you for sharing with us!
So after all we know that they do care about our opinions!
All we need now is to make our wish thread more easy readable:-)!

Thanks for sharing your experience SUPERFLA 👍.. your english is fine btw. 2 questions i'd like to ask KY .. will GT5 incorporate team racing {C-SPEC} ? will there be a variable weather option with enduro races ?

If Ferrari were the only ones to say no damage, I'd drop them.
I think they were just an example,. I think several manufacturers would be saying no damage while other would be far more liberal. Some will be doing it for image, some in an effort to extract more money from PD but all will have a line that will not be crossed somewhere.

Congratulations!!! Your hard work was well rewarded handsomely. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

It would be a real surprise if GT5 hits shelves in Japan Christmas 08, as announced previously. Which means we would get it this winter/spring.

Sooner than 2 years? Great, so at least we know we will get GT5 before October 2010.

Might I suggest getting an acrylic case to display your Ceramic PS3? That along with the Gold PS3's from SEMA are pretty high on the GT fans collection list ;)

A relly great interview.

But when he said Ferrari does not allow damage, you should have asked why Forza Motorsport, PGR and Ferrari Challenge offers damaging of Ferraris ;)

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! That must have been so cool and a white ps3 signed! Surely that will be worth a bob or two! Plus some good news about the release date i might think about getting a steering wheel if its coming soon.

Forza has a different type of licensing than GT. GT is doing advertising for Ferrari. So its more about the product to them, than it is the actual game imo.

I did a videogame cover for Need For Speed Prostreet. Originally we had a damaged GTR on the cover, heavier damage than it is currently. The second Nissan's legal department saw it, they told us to remove the damage from the vehicle. Even though in the actual game you can friggen destroy the thing, they were looking at it through their legalese eyes.

Forza's car models \ usage isn't even in the same universe as GT. And I wouldn't think that ferrari would have any issues with their "IMAGE" that they want to advertise being associated with that game, as opposed to GT. The use at carshows/special events.

-----------

DUDE YOU ARE SOOOO FORTUNATE to do all of this. This will actually get me to participate in more GT competitions! I'd hug Kaz and never let go.

never.

Incredible, thanks for the excellent information and congratulations on what was undoubtedly a well-earned prize.👍

Despite the feeling that you forgot some important questions, you did great with all that excitement. You've given us answers to things that come up at every update notification. Well done man, and well earned :)

All the best
Maz

i asked him why isn't the G25 officialy available in the game option.

he said thats because its not a gran-turismo official steering wheel, we can't say it is , because it was released way before the GT5P released. he also said that he think that the pedals are so close to each other.

i told him that the pedal is not a problem since it can be easly disassembled and re positioned and i showed him this picture using my mobile (i did all that just to show-off :D)

then he said SOOQOY which mean WAAWOO or incredible and he said thats nice:)

I like that you show off you're setup, shows that you are a true die hard fan of sim racing!!!!

Next time you go to Japan for test drive a car, some interviews, Count me in! :sly:

By the way guys. I think damange will be for RACING cars only. Since Kaz mentions he has troubles with some manufacturers, I bet only Race cars/high tunner cars will be able to take damage. Well, its better then nothing.

For what are thoose three displays for,who i marked in red?

And you must be doing something funny on this picture? :D

10883493qf8ru0.jpg

Last edited:
For what are thoose three displays for,who i marked in red?

And you must be doing something funny on this picture? :D

10883493qf8ru0.jpg

thats some data input in numbers, such as every tire instant traction level, steering angle , stuff like that .

and that was my last lap, after pausing the game i turned around and said "oh my god... this is more than enough for :)"

Ahmed I love you! lmao

Okay this finally reveals some massive major points now loads of people can stop whining about it finally! Wooo! :D

EDIT: I'd love to see some more pics on the awesome CW PS3 if you get some time, Lucky bugger! :D

Last edited:
I am all for Sony testing physics throughout Prologue but I just hope they lock in physics and grip for GT5.

*EDIT* and requested online event has been added

No Mercy Match PP650 Suzuka no handicap compensation (S2) :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back