Megane GR4

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
is it me or has the GR4 class become owned by the Megane...

Interlagos today I open with my Huracanand best time 1.40.979. switch to the megane and Immediately go 1 second quicker, Mount Panaroma 3 seconds quicker...

Personally I don’t like the way the Megane feels do prefer the Lambo but in the game the Megane pulls away on the straights, breaks later almost as if it’s from a class above.
I accept there are better drivers than me as well out there.

The Subaru WRX I think has the best stats for a GR4 car so will give that a try and see what I can do.

Last edited:
YOU DONT SAY.........
nicolas-cage-you-dont-say-meme-painting--watercolor--a-vampires-kiss-prints.jpg

Yep. I am 1.5 to 2 seconds quicker in the Megane compared to anything else. I'm sure that's the case for most.

No choice but to use it, it's that much quicker than any other car down the straights and since 1.06 it handles good too.

As been that way since update 1.06, when they changed a bit the physics model.
The FWD had a big improvement on grip and the car is overpowered.
Old news, since it's been that way for two weeks now, plenty of threads whining about it already.

Thought the megane was sorted in the last update because in a daily race the other night I was 3 seconds faster in the sirocco than I was in the megane

Thought the megane was sorted in the last update because in a daily race the other night I was 3 seconds faster in the sirocco than I was in the megane

Right now the Megane, Scirroco and Audi TT are all very good. However, my experience has been that the Megane is the fastest of the 3 on the straights.
The Scirroco corners the best of the 3.
The Audi corners like the Megane, but drives the straights like the Scirroco.

So the fact that you drove faster in the Scirroco is likely because you haven't figured out how to corner in the Megane yet, but overall the Megane is faster.

Right now the Megane, Scirroco and Audi TT are all very good. However, my experience has been that the Megane is the fastest of the 3 on the straights.
The Scirroco corners the best of the 3.
The Audi corners like the Megane, but drives the straights like the Scirroco.

So the fact that you drove faster in the Scirroco is likely because you haven't figured out how to corner in the Megane yet, but overall the Megane is faster.
I've been faster in the megane in ever race before the last update but since the update the scirocco for me is definitely faster

That's why I haven't raced Gr.4 since forever. I hate FF cars and it's ridiculous how a Megane or Sirocco can outpace a Ferrari, Lambo or Viper.

I stopped when I realized how much it was hurting my DR. Been doing some of my best races, instead of top 3s kept outside top 10 in most gr.4 races, as 3/4 of the field is made from Meganes and Sciroccos. Don't enjoy racing the FWD as much as RWD so don't want to go the "Megane Way".
Having much fun with the MX-5 and FT86 lately.

Megane is just too good at the moment. I can lap Brazil as quick in my m6 as I can in the megane but come race day the megane just waltzes past non meganes on the straight where the m6 needs a good exit from last corner to overtake ( anything bar a megane). Lot of people boosted their dr (guilty myself) abusing megane. I am in my opinion a High D Low C rated driver and just hit a B rating using the megane and finishing 5 or 6 interlagos races between 2nd and 5th.

Megane is just too good at the moment. I can lap Brazil as quick in my m6 as I can in the megane but come race day the megane just waltzes past non meganes on the straight where the m6 needs a good exit from last corner to overtake ( anything bar a megane). Lot of people boosted their dr (guilty myself) abusing megane. I am in my opinion a High D Low C rated driver and just hit a B rating using the megane and finishing 5 or 6 interlagos races between 2nd and 5th.
Megane is a gr. 4, M6 is a gr. 3.
Maybe talking about the gr. 4 M4?

Lot of people boosted their dr (guilty myself) abusing megane. I am in my opinion a High D Low C rated driver and just hit a B rating using the megane and finishing 5 or 6 interlagos races between 2nd and 5th.

See, you're making a rod for your own back doing this. They will (I presume) nerf the Megane, Scirocco and TT at which point you'll be up out of your depth (no offence meant, I would be in the same boat if I did that).

It's also pushing me down the ranks a bit as I refuse to use the Renault Migraine.

Yep... PD got it wrong. They'll update it sooner or later. Funny though... at Suzuka the Megane was a match for a 4C, in the corners. Straight BS. I didn't believe it until I got in one. I would estimate its 98% of the 4C in the corners and +5-6 mph down the straight. Just unreal. If PD adds in the correct handling or at least the correct amount of torque steer, its HP advantage would be fine. IMO, as it is now, all of the FWD's corner too well.

Megane is a gr. 4, M6 is a gr. 3.
Maybe talking about the gr. 4 M4?

See, you're making a rod for your own back doing this. They will (I presume) nerf the Megane, Scirocco and TT at which point you'll be up out of your depth (no offence meant, I would be in the same boat if I did that).

It's also pushing me down the ranks a bit as I refuse to use the Renault Migraine.

I know but I got fed up of the punt fest you got when starting in the pack. Have had some fun races vs other fwd once you out pace the rwd cars. Hopefully they will adjust the megane and scirrocco (Think TT is fine) soon although that mean I will get lumped in the pack again. However people need to realise there will always be a top car and once everyone knows which one it is it will get used the most.

They really should implement a data driven weight penalty system. :)
(Ie. based on the number of wins of a certain car, that car gets weighed down until the number of victories are where they should be in relation to the number of drivers).

I am not entirely serious, but almost. :)

Actually with the current Sport races other than one make races where all performance is the same you are only dealing with BoP for 2 classes of cars GR4 and Gr3 so it should not be difficult to adjust BoP daily on each track using lap time data for the cars gathered from across the regions and racing rankings and making adjustments based off of number of times a car was used and had among the fastest of average lap times percentage wise compared to the other cars within the class.

BoP needs to be applied with different values for every circuit it is applied on as balance should be equal on all circuits in one off races regardless of car chosen within class. Once balance is achieved at all circuits within a class unless a physics change is implemented or new cars are introduced within the class then BoP should remain stable and not need constant tweaking.

The current system of allowing OP cars to dominate within a class for up to several weeks is just not acceptable and over the long haul could be a game killer.

Actually with the current Sport races other than one make races where all performance is the same you are only dealing with BoP for 2 classes of cars GR4 and Gr3 so it should not be difficult to adjust BoP daily on each track using lap time data for the cars gathered from across the regions and racing rankings and making adjustments based off of number of times a car was used and had among the fastest of average lap times percentage wise compared to the other cars within the class.

BoP needs to be applied with different values for every circuit it is applied on as balance should be equal on all circuits in one off races regardless of car chosen within class. Once balance is achieved at all circuits within a class unless a physics change is implemented or new cars are introduced within the class then BoP should remain stable and not need constant tweaking.

The current system of allowing OP cars to dominate within a class for up to several weeks is just not acceptable and over the long haul could be a game killer.

Actually there are years and years of data that would show you reactionary changes are bad - and making every car even on every circuit is ridiculous and not realistic at all.
I'm fine if some cars like the Megane can be very good at certain tracks, but they shouldn't be the best car on every track.
This also applies to the fact that not every car should be equal on every track.

If you want a "fair" race, then race one make events.
If you want to compete against other manufacturers just be aware that certain cars will handle better or worse on certain tracks than other cars.

In the grand scheme of a games life, a few weeks between balance updates is a VERY short amount of time.
There are plenty of competitive games where "overpowered" aspects of the game remain overpowered for much longer before they're finally tuned down.

Just did 10 laps at Interlagos. Only me in the Scooby and a guy in a Porsche Vs 5 sciroccos and 13 meganes. I beat the Porsche and a single megane and only qualified 19th.
Think I'll do some more wrstt.

Didn't want to post a new thread, so, I ask here, when did they nerf the Citroen Gr.4? Am I mistaken or was it always 95% power and 110% weight ratio?

Actually there are years and years of data that would show you reactionary changes are bad - and making every car even on every circuit is ridiculous and not realistic at all.
I'm fine if some cars like the Megane can be very good at certain tracks, but they shouldn't be the best car on every track.
This also applies to the fact that not every car should be equal on every track.

If you want a "fair" race, then race one make events.
If you want to compete against other manufacturers just be aware that certain cars will handle better or worse on certain tracks than other cars.

In the grand scheme of a games life, a few weeks between balance updates is a VERY short amount of time.
There are plenty of competitive games where "overpowered" aspects of the game remain overpowered for much longer before they're finally tuned down.
I fully agree with your line of reasoning where you are dealing with a race series where one brand has the advantage here and another brand has the advantage there and over the season racing predetermined circuits it sort of evens out.

I also agree different cars have different strengths and weaknesses in different parts of a circuit and that is the way it should be in multi make races, race to your strengths, defend to your weaknesses.

But in a game where the races are all individual making the overall lap times very similar across all makes within a class and all circuits should be a priority as to make all players have equal ability to race ANY brand of car with a similar chance of OVERALL success regardless of the circuit or brand of car picked within a class.

Sure car A may have more corner speed, car B may be stronger down the straight and car C may be able to pull off later braking better, all different but all should still turn a similar total lap time within the game for better parity across the board and everybody to be able to race what they prefer with no obvious advantage or disadvantage in the chance they have to win because of their choice.

We did not buy the Porsche Cup or Ferrari Challenge, then I would expect obvious advantages. What we did buy was a driving game that supposedly matches cars by class and performance and with even further Balance of Power restrictions applied I do personally think that no brand should be given clear advantages.

Back