Megane GR4

I’m cheap and took a picture of my tv but it works. Hate this car but if you can’t beat em..

Attachments

• 2F3DD5B4-6436-4752-BC23-8E76BEC7731D.jpeg
    2F3DD5B4-6436-4752-BC23-8E76BEC7731D.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 98
Didn't see this before I posted my comment. That was a great lap!
It wasn't me, my fastest was with the Scirocco.:embarrassed:

This would indicate that there's nothing wrong with the BOP and that we all need to learn how to drive.
Or that the person in the Corvette could be capabale of running an1:35.xx in the Megane (and I need to practise even more). ;)

I almost caused an upset yesterday in the daily race at Maggiore driving the Alfa 4C. I wasn't able to win, but I did learn something: the 4C is easily the best handling car in Group 4, with unmatched agility through the corners. Doesn't have the straight line speed compared to the Renault (but then again nothing does). I did the race in the Megane as well, but I couldn't even win in that - I was beaten by a Scirocco, unsurprisingly.

I’ve managed to get a quite a few podiums and even wins over the hoards of Meganes in my Viper. Inexperienced drivers will pick the Megane for obvious reasons, so in the shorter 3-4 lap races (eg. today’s Lago Maggiore race) it’s all about qualifying in the first few rows, not making any mistakes and you will quite easily beat those guys.

Beating them in the longer races with tyre and fuel consumption is a bit easier, as long as you can keep up with them for the first five or so laps, they’ll be relatively easy picking once their front tyres begin to wear out.

But beating a Megane driven by a skilled driver is another story all together. Keeping up is very difficult, next to impossible, and a more experienced driver won’t struggle with tyre wear nearly as much as a lesser driver. They will most likely have pulled a big enough gap to negate the tyre wear anyway.

I'm not touching gr.4 until this is sorted. Had enough. My DR.B is falling below 50% due to all the punts from out of control rear echelon runners in sciroccos and meganes. I can hold off one but not 3 or 4. They're like '28 Days Later' Zombies, you just can't outrun them and they're so angry!

Worst driving I've seen today has all been in Sciroccos. Lots of late changes of line to block overtakes in the braking zone.

Had one guy try to put me in the wall on the back straight towards the uphill hairpin, he just kept moving across until there was contact, and just had a guy force me so narrow when I had the legs on him that we both ended up in the wall.

Also a Spanish guy earlier hit me twice in the first two corners, and in recovering from the grass I managed to inadvertently collect an Italian and wipe him out, and get myself a 10 sec penalty to boot. Sent him a PM to apologise and he was cool about it though.

Edit - Just to confirm it, some French idiot in the last race ran me off the track into a wall on purpose. Dropped me to last. I caught up with the pack only to find the same guy now ramming everyone else at the back of the field, and when I got passed him again on the last lap, he torpedoed me at the hairpin, taking my SR down to a B along with his. Scirocco, naturally.

Last edited:
I can still beat them in the scirocco

On some tracks the Scirocco is the faster car though, so if you defend the insides on the straights you will of course have a chance to beat them. If of course they don't just push you out of the way because they decide they are faster. On other tracks even the Scirocco has no chance against the Megane if it's driven properly.

I caved in and bought a Megane last night after getting nowhere in my GT-R. Sure it's fast in a straight line but it doesn't corner well at all and the transmission sound is awful, coming into the hairpin it sounds like a washing machine on full spin cycle.

After one race I hopped back in the TT Cup (my go to FWD Gr.4) and it's night and day. Compared to the other FWD cars it seems to have much better agilty and changes direction better. It's not as fast but I found it allows you to carry speed much better meaning I was easily catching people into the hairpin.

The Megane and RCZ are fast in a straight line but unless you get the perfect line in corners they scrub far too much speed, I respect the people who are genuinely fast in them as they're not easy to drive.

I'm not sure, but I think the Lexus is the slowest/worst GR.4 car I've driven.

Nah man, the Lexus is fast. Just not the best in the turns but makes up for it in straight line speed.
From my collection the Toyota is the slowest Gr4. Handles great but just plain slow as death on the straights. It's a rolling chicane.

I caved in and bought a Megane last night after getting nowhere in my GT-R. Sure it's fast in a straight line but it doesn't corner well at all and the transmission sound is awful, coming into the hairpin it sounds like a washing machine on full spin cycle.

After one race I hopped back in the TT Cup (my go to FWD Gr.4) and it's night and day. Compared to the other FWD cars it seems to have much better agilty and changes direction better. It's not as fast but I found it allows you to carry speed much better meaning I was easily catching people into the hairpin.

The Megane and RCZ are fast in a straight line but unless you get the perfect line in corners they scrub far too much speed, I respect the people who are genuinely fast in them as they're not easy to drive.
People seem to do very well with the gr4 TT’ cup. Also the rcz absolutely doesn’t have a lot of speed on the straights. If you mess up your exit even a little bit you can almost be guaranteed someone will gain on you. That aside though it is an amazing car with great handling, even if it’s a little stubborn going into the turns. It’s great if you’re consistent and mindful with the throttle.

The Porsche, vette, m4 and a few others have way more flat out speed than the RCZ does.

People seem to do very well with the gr4 TT’ cup. Also the rcz absolutely doesn’t have a lot of speed on the straights. If you mess up your exit even a little bit you can almost be guaranteed someone will gain on you. That aside though it is an amazing car with great handling, even if it’s a little stubborn going into the turns. It’s great if you’re consistent and mindful with the throttle.

The Porsche, vette, m4 and a few others have way more flat out speed than the RCZ does.

Perhaps it's the gearing (or I was just getting better lines) but I felt the RCZ had a better inital pull out of the corners on Suzuka, I was able to gain on a few cars the Vantage and Viper in particular. True it tails off on the longer straights, but the initial burst seemed better which on a track with more corners works, but only for a few laps as you're burning the tyres off in 5 laps.

I think power-wise, the Renault is 350, the Peugeot 345 and the Audi 340 or something along those lines, the TT certainly doesn't feel as grunty but you can make up for it with better momentum.

You owe me a keyboard, I had a mouthful of coffee when I read your reply and it made me bust out laughing!:lol:

I had to read it three times to make sure I was reading it right lol all the 4WD cars are pretty damn good and no where near the worst glad I didn’t have liquid to spit all over my phone haha

Perhaps it's the gearing (or I was just getting better lines) but I felt the RCZ had a better inital pull out of the corners on Suzuka, I was able to gain on a few cars the Vantage and Viper in particular. True it tails off on the longer straights, but the initial burst seemed better which on a track with more corners works, but only for a few laps as you're burning the tyres off in 5 laps.

I think power-wise, the Renault is 350, the Peugeot 345 and the Audi 340 or something along those lines, the TT certainly doesn't feel as grunty but you can make up for it with better momentum.
Wait wait, are we talking about the gr4 or gr3 RCZ? If the gr4 then I would have to agree. But not if it’s the gr4. I think it’s somewhat sluggish in the straights and great in the turns. Also I’m still able to run fast laps on lap ten with tire wear I. The gr3 rcz. That thing is amazing on tires

I had to read it three times to make sure I was reading it right lol all the 4WD cars are pretty damn good and no where near the worst glad I didn’t have liquid to spit all over my phone haha
Yeah, must be why nobody drives the Lancer in FIA manufacturers. The other AWD's are fine, just the Lancer was a lousy experience.

Tried the Megane for the first time today.

Had to. Was in my Aston in a room full of absolutely everyone in Megans and Sirocos. All A S drivers. So started 2nd last with the pole time 3 secs faster. Stayed around 3rd last for most ofnthe race then I rage quit.

That dropped my rating to A A. Decided to give the Megane a try next. Qualified 2nd for the next race which wasn't actually full of Megans. Finished 2nd out of 4 FF in the top 4. Tried another few FF cars, my fastest qualy time was in the Soroco.

One thing that is funny is the '13 Viper GTS road car in the game is rated at 640hp 600 ft lbs torque and weighs 3430 lbs.. The gr4 Viper race car is only rated at 394 hp. 370.8 ft lbs of torque and weighs 3302 lbs. Talking about a car that the specs are manipulated.

Dodge had the v-8 hemi in the '60's making a very conservative 425 hp and a 440 v8 in 1970 that was rated at 390 hp.

Last night I got a Qualifying lap time for the daily race of 2:06.243 in my Gr.4 SLS AMG on Maggiore. I was averaging the low to mid 2:07:xxxs in my first race today.
All the top qualifiers were in the Siroccos, Meganes and TT's. I split the difference with most people behind me in other cars like the WRX, M4 etc. It remained that way all the way throughout the race for the most part. The SLS will outcorner these FF cars starting from entry, mid to JUST about the exit of a corner... Then it's game over. Those cars just leave me for dead even if they fck up their exit, they pull away so damn hard. I'm going to stick to Gr.3 until Gr.4 gets fixed. I don't feel like joining the other side either

Last edited:
Exactly how overpowered is the Megane? It's not in my garage so I can't test it, and I refuse to purchase it.

I am close to giving up entirely on GTS, but since my son is wishing for PC2 for xmas I can't jump ship just yet (can't purchase it in advance, he'll notice). So, in the meantime I had settled on continuing with dailies, but it is so extremely frustrating. Gr3 is just 4 laps, and gr4s are littered with Meganes.

Yesterday I was fairly competitive at Brands, but today is hopeless. Top times are around 1.45 and I can just about get down to 1.50 which is far off pace. Thinking I was reading the track wrong I watched a couple of replays of Meganes. And sure, they nail one or two corners better than I did on my laps, but overall it does look like my laps. I really cannot see how I can run my car better.
So, is it simply the case that the Meganes can be more than 2-3 secs quicker on certain tracks? Are they that much quicker?

(And before the "get good" comments, I am certainly no alien but I usually do really well in one-makes and in gr3 so I'm not awefully slow either :-) )

Yesterday I was fairly competitive at Brands, but today is hopeless. Top times are around 1.45 and I can just about get down to 1.50 which is far off pace.

If the matchmaking system is working like it should top times should not affect an individual race which is supposed to be matched by SR first, DR second and Q time third. Of course how many is online close to your same criteria wanting to race the same race can affect the lobby and who is in what race.

That is the way it is supposed to work but personally I have still seen mostly the top of the field to be Meganes and Sciroccos in GR4 since the last BoP adjustment.

Exactly how overpowered is the Megane? It's not in my garage so I can't test it, and I refuse to purchase it.

I am close to giving up entirely on GTS, but since my son is wishing for PC2 for xmas I can't jump ship just yet (can't purchase it in advance, he'll notice). So, in the meantime I had settled on continuing with dailies, but it is so extremely frustrating. Gr3 is just 4 laps, and gr4s are littered with Meganes.

Yesterday I was fairly competitive at Brands, but today is hopeless. Top times are around 1.45 and I can just about get down to 1.50 which is far off pace. Thinking I was reading the track wrong I watched a couple of replays of Meganes. And sure, they nail one or two corners better than I did on my laps, but overall it does look like my laps. I really cannot see how I can run my car better.
So, is it simply the case that the Meganes can be more than 2-3 secs quicker on certain tracks? Are they that much quicker?

(And before the "get good" comments, I am certainly no alien but I usually do really well in one-makes and in gr3 so I'm not awefully slow either :-) )

Can't remember its power but it's very light. 1100kg IIRC. That's 300kg lighter than some other Gr4 cars.

Yes it really is that much faster.

If the matchmaking system is working like it should top times should not affect an individual race which is supposed to be matched by SR first, DR second and Q time third. Of course how many is online close to your same criteria wanting to race the same race can affect the lobby and who is in what race.

That is the way it is supposed to work but personally I have still seen mostly the top of the field to be Meganes and Sciroccos in GR4 since the last BoP adjustment.

Not talking about lobbies or the matchmaking. Just comparing my times in the Ferrari vs. top times (which are all Meganes). Question was: How overpowered is the Megane?

Can't remember its power but it's very light. 1100kg IIRC. That's 300kg lighter than some other Gr4 cars.

Yes it really is that much faster.
Ah. That would explain it since the current fantasy track has quite a bit of elevation change. Thanks!

I don’t think the Megane is a faster car compared to other gr4 cars. One can almost run the same times with the other cars. I think the reason why they seem to be slightly faster is because they are FWD Cars which requires a different driving technique, especially on Corner entry and exit which again gives them a little advantage. That’s probably the reason why you perform quite well in One make dailies as they offer you mostly FWD Cars. Just my thought.

I think that ever since the last BoP update there has been no question and multiple threads discussing that in the hands of MOST drivers that the Megane is easier to to turn lap times several seconds quicker than many of the other cars in the gr4 class.

The longer and the more straights on the circuit the more it is advantaged.

The only way to know how much better the Megane is in your hands versus the Ferarri in your hands would be to purchase one and see. As you see no Ferarri gracing the top 10 leader boards in GR4 that should tell you most of the top drivers consider the Megane to be the quickest as that is their weapon of choice.

@VFOURMAX1 , purchase of a Megane will never happen. ;)
But I agree on straights and elevation making a critical difference. Today it is hopeless to compete against it.
I didn't even buy a Megane but the game has given me two of them. Maybe if they nerfed the Megane and maybe the Scirocco I'd give the other Group 4s a shot. I drove the NSX last night and it's amazing to drive.

Back