Megane GR4

The 4C is op compared to the other non FF cars, infact at Brands Hatch it's even faster than the Megane over the lap, if you can get away from all the Meganes at the start you can win there in it, at the other tracks not so much.

the Gr.4 4C is very quick but it requires a lot of attention, I've won with one in the past during some of the early cup racing but a 4C at Alsace last night ran a 2 min flat on pole position and dropped to 12th, idk if it was lack of consistency or he kept getting bumped. I like to think that faster cars are a little more difficult to drive and easier cars are a bit slower. Fix the Megane because it's fast AND easy to drive.

Where does the popularity of GR3 911 compare to the GR4 Megane and Scirocco as the Porsche Caymen in that class is underpowered?

Where does the popularity of GR3 911 compare to the GR4 Megane and Scirocco as the Porsche Caymen in that class is underpowered?
I'd say somewhere between Megane and Scirocco, the latter has lost a lot of ground to the Renault since people discovered ASM + Megane does wonders.

I'd say somewhere between Megane and Scirocco, the latter has lost a lot of ground to the Renault since people discovered ASM + Megane does wonders.

You don't even needs aids with the Megane, using them is overkill, if they actually make it faster anyway. It is just that much faster on the straights even in its slipstream it pulls away unless you are also driving one, there is no car in Gr3 that you can say that about.

That's why I haven't raced Gr.4 since forever. I hate FF cars and it's ridiculous how a Megane or Sirocco can outpace a Ferrari, Lambo or Viper.
I know your pain. However, technically they are all Gr. 4 so they should be "on pace" with each other. Touring car races usually have both FF and FR and they can still compete against each other. The common complain is that the Megane has too much horsepower from the BoP. Look at the global top 10 and at least 8/10 are Meganes.

I do believe that until I reach that skill level, the fastest car is the car being driven by the fastest driver.

I know your pain. However, technically they are all Gr. 4 so they should be "on pace" with each other. Touring car races usually have both FF and FR and they can still compete against each other. The common complain is that the Megane has too much horsepower from the BoP. Look at the global top 10 and at least 8/10 are Meganes.

I do believe that until I reach that skill level, the fastest car is the car being driven by the fastest driver.

Just because certain drivers can dominate a class in a certain vehicle does not mean the vehicle is overpowered for the class.

A prime example is when Casey Stoner was destroying Moto GP fields a few years back on the Ducati. But yet he was the only rider that could get anywhere near that level of performance out of that machine. When you take Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden along with other Moto GP stars tried and failed then the bike in the hands of most is not overpowered at all compared to the rest of the class and does not need to be adjusted.

Now in the case of the Megane it is OP because it is the fastest in the majority of racers hands across all skill levels compared to other vehicles in its class and needs to be nerfed.

But just because the top 1% of drivers can be fast in a particular car if the rest of the 99% cannot duplicate that same success then it is drivers skill using a cars traits to be fast and generally the car is good as is within the class.

You don't even needs aids with the Megane, using them is overkill, if they actually make it faster anyway. It is just that much faster on the straights even in its slipstream it pulls away unless you are also driving one, there is no car in Gr3 that you can say that about.
I know, I rarely race Gr.4 anymore due to the same reason, recently I have seen a a lot of Top 10 replays where the drivers employed ASM on the Megane.

I hope the caymen gets a power boost. The handling is so sweet you can take the piss out the poorly driven meganes understeering everywhere. But it's ridiculous you can't even hold the megane scirroco slipstream. For the moment I'm using a Tt. Come on polyphony.

I hope the caymen gets a power boost. The handling is so sweet you can take the piss out the poorly driven meganes understeering everywhere. But it's ridiculous you can't even hold the megane scirroco slipstream. For the moment I'm using a Tt. Come on polyphony.
When did they cripple the Citroen GT Gr.4 though? I remember when I still did not have the game and watched a ton of GTS videos on YT, people used it alot. Now the BOP hit on it is just tragic.

Also I agree. The top guys are the top fastest car in class or not.

I shouldn't have to resort to racing the TT to have a chance of a decent finish, even though I can qualify quicker in something like the cayman. The bop needs addressing

But they aren't. Technically or otherwise.

Yup, Megane just got a serious nerf. Power down by 5%, let's wait and see how this pans out in the meta.

I really hope this straightens the field out now. It was rediculous the amount of people in the Megane that just didn’t know how to put it round a corner yet still get their place back through sheer straight line speed.

Yup, Megane just got a serious nerf. Power down by 5%, let's wait and see how this pans out in the meta.
Holy ****, nice. I like the Megane so hopefully it isn't useless now but my Audi TT may get some more use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it’s done. Just done the daily race and was horrified at first to see loads of the Megane about. Until the race started and I have just given one or two of them a serious nosebleed. Don’t think the penny has dropped with everyone yet that it’s now been evened up. Was laughing all through the race as Meganes were frequenting gravel traps and been overtaken all over the pace

Yep it’s done. Just done the daily race and was horrified at first to see loads of the Megane about. Until the race started and I have just given one or two of them a serious nosebleed. Don’t think the penny has dropped with everyone yet that it’s now been evened up. Was laughing all through the race as Meganes were frequenting gravel traps and been overtaken all over the pace
Damn I'm going to have to get online and enjoy some of this before it's too late

I'm looking forward to being surrounded by TTS and sciroccos, at least those guys tend do put a custom livery on it.
I won't be sorry if I never see another yellow megane.
TT and Scirocco have been nerfed. The Scirocco has lost 5% as well

OMG it will all be over in a couple of hours, any news on what they are jumping too? offline probably if they are hurting too much.

ooo more powerrrrrrrrrr for my GR4 Viper will be appreciated.
Not sure I want extra weight on my GR3 991 though, at least they can't take anything from it's looks.
I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on against the GR3 mustang guys on nurb now.

Hopefully the Lexus won't have been touched. It'll be the fastest Gr4 now if the ff's have been nerfed :D
Glad they've finally sorted Gr4 out! Hopefully nothing will stand out as OP anymore. There will always be cars that are best on certain tracks but there should never be cars like the megane that are a few seconds never mind tenths faster than everything everywhere.

Hopefully the Lexus won't have been touched. It'll be the fastest Gr4 now if the ff's have been nerfed :D
Glad they've finally sorted Gr4 out! Hopefully nothing will stand out as OP anymore. There will always be cars that are best on certain tracks but there should never be cars like the megane that are a few seconds never mind tenths faster than everything everywhere.

Lexus news: (kinda bad, kinda good). It's a power decrease, but also a weight decrease.

・Lexus RC F Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 98%] [Weight Reduction Ratio: 105% > 102%]

Back