Menu songs from GT1...anyone know where to get them ?

• Thread starter GTchampion
  • 56 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever know where to find these...the songs when you go into the dealship..there techno trance kinda songs...does ANYONE know where to find these ?? i want to put them on a cd and drive to them lol

Those songs kick a$$ Theres a amazing little trick to playing the music ;)

Put in your GT CD in a cd player and it should just play them, it works with loads of ps1 games :)

Are you sure? I tried it but I wasn't able to hear anything (well, you did hear something, but that has nothing to do with the songs).

HazGt probably meant to put the GT 1 disc in a computer and explore the content of the CD to find the music and burn it onto a cd?

Well, on Rage Racer, the Namco designers actually left nine songs from the game itself and it was possible to play it and burn it onto the cd...not really recommended, as they were 57MB each!

I've not got the GT 1 cd with me, so i cannot test this assumption.

Anyone can help me out?

[Well i looked on the CD and no luck..and the book has nothing in it about those songs...and ..i trped in gran turismo and everything on music search engines...i guess they dotn exsist? ... :nervous:

No it really does work on most PS1 games, put in the ps1 cd in a cd player and play!

It works with Toca Touring 1 and Colin Mcrae rally i think.

Iam going to try now :sly:

EDIT: No it doesnt work with GT1 :( Theres just 1 track which goes on forever.

It would have been nice, I always loved those manufacturer sounds :) That's one thing that has never been done better in the other GT games

Yeh its a shame they didnt ad some cool techno music for every macufactorer in GT2,GT3 and GT4. Maybe, Just maybe PD might ad some in GT5 :)

But anyway iam Playing GT1 on my comp as my PS2 is so old it has stopped playing PS1 Games, and I sold my PS1 to my cousin for 10 quid.

I am going to try and find a proggy which will let me record sound.

EDIT: I tried with FRAPS but it went at 4 fps and it was a moview file, plus it was 9 meg and the sound was laggy due to the fps.

I cant find any other proggys :(

If anyone knows any which can record from my computer please let me know!

EDIT2: I got the MUSIC file onto my computer from the GT1 CD. Now i just need to know how to open .dat files. then hopefully with a little bit of illegal activity it should be done! but i dont see why it would be illegal as i own the CD and i bought it with that stuff on it?

Yeah, there's also a 'SOUND' file on the disc, maybe that's the background music if MUSIC isn't it ;)

Recording audio is actually quite easy, I'll PM you about that, since discussion about that isn't allowed here ;)

Its not illigal to open a DAT file itsj sut you have to have the program that created it it open it..and we dont only sony has those machines...so if you guys find a way...pleaseee let me know..i really want this music on a cd for the cars at car shows i go to ..any news?

I tried it as well, but there are too many 'bad' noices in the audio files which couldn't be fixed by me, so I give up on this :/

The one that's on my upload page now? It's a WAV file converted to normal mp3, I don't know why it doesn't work :/

Anyway, well, I listened to it again and well, apart from some small bugs, the file isn't even that bad. I was just annoyed so I maybe give it another try, but right now I'm busy with the ESES (look in online forum), so I can't do this now.

I was just thinking about this today. The Honda/Acura tune (MIDI format) is available at vgmusic.com but that's the only one of the manufacturers. I'd love to get the Subaru or Toyota ones, I think the Mazda BGM was pretty good also.

That is not the real one though :( but at least you found something...theres gotta be a way i cant belivre noone in the world like has recorded these songs...keep looking guys please..i have had no luck..:(

Lol I did send you a pm, but I now see a link here :P

Edit: Thank you very much! The sound is wonderful! :D I was really looking for this kind of quality! :)

Edit2: Now that I think of it: Maybe it's better to remove the link because it's against GTPlanet's policy. People who are interested can pm you and can ask for the link :)

Thanx a Bunch , Mista X , The Mit Tunr ROXORS !
There is a way to lift some of the in-game menus music as well , in fact it was a thread in here that i saw it , if anyone wants to search , it could be under \GT4 race music . The GT2 menu music is equally good , has'nt been the same since back in the day , what ?

I don't see why it would be against the AUP/TOS. Music is the same as having the Intro movies on the site. No big deal :)

Im downloading them right now.. its says its going to take an hour i hope this is good :) if you did it man i love you ahah ive been looking for YEARS..to have these songs...im not kidding lol ..so well see i think ill have to send you money or something if there all there lmao :dopey: :) :D

Well, yeah, you've got a point MistaX. I think it would be kinda illigal though when you never had a PSX/PS2 or Gran Turismo 1 and you download it. Polyphony Digital might complain, because it's 'their' music. They won't complain as fast when you put a video file on the internet (free publicity), but they can complain about the music, because that can't give them more publicity. That's why I said it ;)

But I guess this is just for the fans, I doubt that many other people would care about this music :)

Wow thanks this is exactally what i was trying to do...thnaks so much now i can have the songs i wanted for car shows for the display :) thnaks a buch man :)

Ooh... Lucky I ran into this page. :)
Pretty sad, but I have also been looking for the menu music from GT1 for years now.
Thanks MistaX... I'll give it a shot 👍

link removed by mod

Arcade mode tunes and even some of the songs we'd get while racing are in there. I recommend 'Skeletal' (the credits BGM) and 'Oxyacetylene'.
A bunch of other game 'soundtracks' are available there also, virtually all untouched too, no mixes. :)

Cool! Thank you very much! :) I've put that one in my bookmarklist :)

Well, next is the PAL Gran Turismo 2 music :P Too bad they don't have that album :P

Wow, thanks for that link. I've been wanting these songs since I was playing the Demo to GT1 on a Sampler CD (7 I believe), back in '97. Finally!!! :)

OMG man thanks alot for posting that site...its got alot..i have them all now...and alot of other games on there to...awsome site! this is the best thing that happened to me on the internet.ever.lol :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back