Mercedes-AMG One: An F1-Engined Hypercar

It looks like Disney has collaborated with Mercedes on the design of the Project One, as exhaust pipes of the car seem to form an upside-down Mickey Mouse shape... :sly:

upload_2017-9-11_0-25-33.png

Mclaren F1/Ferrari F50 Production Period: 1992-1998
-Recession: March 2001-November 2001
Generations of hypercars (not counting those with long production runs like the Zonda or Veyron) tend to bookend periods of economic recession. With all these new models slated for production in 2019/2020 onwards, it has me wonder if we are due for one next year, statistically speaking....
This one is a bit off. There was a recession towards the end of the 90's that slowed McLaren F1 sales & ultimately forced production to end in early '98. It forced the premature end of the F1 GT to just 3 cars after McLaren decided to produce the car. It has even been theorized that Ferrari decided to cap the F50 production at 349 units shortly before hand as well (even though the car was still selling out) leaving it as potentially, the only profitable supercar of the 90's.

The rear looks like a lamborghini, and the front is like a Porsche 918 stretched.

Porsche 918 with cosmetic inspiration from Bugatti and Lamborghini. Subtle nods to the C112 and CLK GTR doesn't save it from lacking originality.

The front is clearly a nod to McLaren F1 and the rear is CLK GTR. But i dont know. It's bold to use classic design cues in the modern world, but it's a bit too smooth. It's sort of neither modern nor retro. I'm not sure how i feel about it just yet. Gotta wait till i stop seeing bits and pieces of other car in it and see it as its own thing.

What makes this different than the others?

Look at the interior and compare it to the "Holy trinity". This (and the AM Valkyrie as well) looks like a no-compromise, hardcore beast, while P1, LaFerrari and 918 looked like luxury cars with a load of power.

Wow that is one disappointing design to me. Looks almost generic and like it was knocked up in 10 minutes and the boss said that will do, we have no more time.

Man talk about trying to hard to be cool :crazy: but failing at every turn :yuck: I don't see one thing i like about this car

Its just ugly from every angle :boggled:
I wouldn't personally say it's ugly, just uninspiring, boring, safe. Basically I think it looks crap for the most part.

Edit: Lmao @LH in that video at the end. Cringy as hell.

Look at the interior and compare it to the "Holy trinity". This (and the AM Valkyrie as well) looks like a no-compromise, hardcore beast, while P1, LaFerrari and 918 looked like luxury cars with a load of power.

Seeing how it has several luxuries, and it cost well over €2 million, this is just your typical desert boulevard queen.

Probably nitpicking, but I hate when cars have larger diameter wheels on the rear to keep the tire sidewalls the same height. I much prefer the same diameter wheels with thicker tires on the rear.
As for the car, all I can think when I look at it is Audi.

Latest Posts

Back