- Uses the cloud
- This allows games to be made more easily
- It’s a multipurpose engine, not genre specific
- Fox Engine could power a Silent Hill title

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

- Kojima said explicitly that Ground Zeroes isn’t a next-gen game
- Shown once again on a PC, but it’ll run on consoles
- 15 minute real-time demo shown at the panel
- Demo features joan baez sacco and vanzetti song being used again. Was in the credits in the end of 4
- Looks to take place in Outer Heaven
- There are FOX patches on soldiers
- Army without a nation
- From FOX, two phantoms were born
- Seamless transition from cutscenes to gameplay
- Completely open world
- No HUD shown on the screen for the demo
- Big Boss is greying, has a FOX patch in his arm
- Prone movement is back
- Hijack and drive vehicles
- Variety of vehicles in the game
- Kojima won’t say if this is Metal Gear Solid 5, but it’s a prologue
- Might be on next-gen
- “This is exactly what it should look like on PS3 and 360. But we’re working on next-gen hardware as well.”
- “This isn’t the end, this is just the beginning”
- Kojima hopes this game will achieve a feel more like MGS1

PAX 2012: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is Coming to PS3

US Playstation Blog
At PAX 2012, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima showed off 15 minutes of the first gameplay footage from his upcoming PS3 game. Though running on a PC, Kojima stated that the footage was comparable to what would be seen on the PS3 version of the game.
The demo begins with an in-engine, real-time cinematic set in a rain-drenched prison camp, and ably shows off FOX Engine’s advanced shader, lighting, and particle effects. Check back at 3:00pm Pacific Time to see the footage.

After the cinematic showing a mysterious man with a mutilated face and wide-brimmed hat leading troops from the prison camp into a mission, the gameplay footage kicked into gear as Snake moved into position outside the prison camp – a huge open-world environment riddled with entry points. Kojima pointed out nearby APCs and helicopters, confirming that Snake can commandeer and pilot them if he so desired. As if to prove the point, Snake hopped into a Jeep to gain access, evading a roaming tank in the process. Kojima also showed that you can deploy a flare “at any time” to call in a friendly helicopter — it will let you fly between missions, and even to other countries. He even confirmed that the player can customize the music played by the helicopter, which in the demo blared out Ride of the Valkyries.
“We’re not going to say that it’s Metal Gear Solid 5,” Kojima said after the demo, “but it is a prologue.” Kojima also confirmed that the demo was running on PC hardware that was similarly equipped to PS3, and that the final game should closely resemble the demo video.

Just as long as it isn't actually called Metal Gear Solid 5 : Prologue and sold as a glorified demo I'll be happy. :lol:

Oh also good to hear it's not next gen, that means two things. One that it should be out by late next year at the latest to coincide with all of the other current gen titles and two - it's still not too late for GT6 to be announced for current gen consoles.

- Looks to take place in Outer Heaven
- There are FOX patches on soldiers
- Army without a nation
- From FOX, two phantoms were born
- Big Boss is greying, has a FOX patch in his arm

Maybe this means MGS5 is Metal Gear from Big Boss' Perspective?

/hopeful thinking.

I am assuming it's going to be telling Big Boss' story from when it was assumed by most people he was, you know. Spoiler.

I am assuming it's going to be telling Big Boss' story from when it was assumed by most people he was, you know. Spoiler.

From the speculation i'm reading from comments on that kotaku link, it could damn well be. 👍

Well I'm still continually confused by overall MGS story but there are a lot of years to tell, aren't there? It's been a while since I watched the MGS4 end cut scene so I can't remember exactly what his deal was in those years and what was already explained.

SimonK
Well I'm still continually confused by overall MGS story but there are a lot of years to tell, aren't there? It's been a while since I watched the MGS4 end cut scene so I can't remember exactly what his deal was in those years and what was already explained.

I honestly can't remember either, but it does mean Ground Zeroes could cover a lot of, er, ground; about 20 years I think, right? I can't remember when Metal Gear 2 was set. Anyway, it sounds awesome, one thing I love about Metal Gear games is they always innovate and expand over their predecessor in some way but now we have vehicles and an open world setting. I do hope it has co-op too, Peace Walker is great with other people.

If I remember the ending correctly:

He was "locked away" by nanomachines. But he never said for how long.

Regarding the FOX engine: Use it for Zone of the Enders 3! :grumpy:

So who do we think the kid and the deformed guy are? Saw on youtube someone said the kid could be Gray Fox.

Hmm Chico and Paz remind me of Peace Walker....

That's because they were in Peace Walker :lol:.

From that trailer, Chico and Paz are in two different locations which either means:

A. One of those locations is false and big boss or that burned face character his been given the wrong information

B. Clones!

So who do we think the kid and the deformed guy are? Saw on youtube someone said the kid could be Gray Fox.
It can't be because he's
Null from Portable OPS which took place before Peace Walker

I'm leaning towards raiden while he was a child soldier.

Well It won't help that I never played Portable Ops and hardly played any of Peace Walker because I hated it.

You might as well read up on it on the MG wiki :lol: , It'll take you maybe 10 mins to get in the know :P

That's how it will finish I believe. And I think the child is raiden I really do!

Latest Posts

Back