Michelin Becomes Official Tire Supplier and Technical Partner of GT Sport

Better tire simulation (and sound) !!! Yayyy

I just wonder how soon we will see the improvements...

Edit: I hope we will eventually get a special VGT car out of this partnership....

Edit 2: with this partnership, I feel that the floodgates are now opened and tons of automotive suppliers and third party companies are going to try to associate with video games ....

Everyone benefits...

More realism... Yayyy to that!

Edit 3: this partnership is to last at least 3 years as Announced in NY. Michelin will be sharing their proprietary knowledge on tire modélisation With GT...

Edit 4: it looks and sounds like the presence of Michelin will be visually effective at the next GTS update, but I don't know if tire simulation will be implemented right away... Has the partnership and code sharing happened already ? (I doubt it... It sounds like they are just officially announcing the work is to start)...

Last edited:
Say, TCR Australia use Michelin as the sole tyre supplier. :D

TCR-1200x800.jpg

I wouldn't go getting my hopes up in the slightest for this partnership to lead to certain cars coming to GTS.

Does it mean we lose the choice of tyre sticker in the livery editor or we will keep having the option like before ?
It said Michelin are the tyre supplier for the World Tour Events. The Pro-Am race this evening had all cars on Michelin. There should be no other changes surely. The previous Yokohama association didn't lead to the loss of choice but you never know.

Some pretty major physics changed in the horizon.. :cheers:

Updates in october. I wonder how long this game is going to give. Can't deny fantastic support and great news my favorite tiresupplier is officially linked.

A glimps of Pikes Peak in the video to keep my hope alive ;)

GTS is propably going to be an updateable/scaleable platform similar to iracing in the future.

Seeing how Michelin also has involvement in the WRC (shown in the trailer)... Possible dirt physics improvements?

I know rallycross tracks in GT are basically a second thought but I know they would be super fun if they just had better physics.

Id love to see both - dirt physics and more conventional RX tracks in the future.

Given how slow PD is at adding content I'll believe it when it arrives. They said beginning in October. No one said 2019.
October will probably just be some Michelin track signage, a section in Brand Central, and maybe some scapes. So not too hard to get done ;).

Hmm, that screenshot makes me worried that they'll change every real world track's mostly accurate sponsor signs around the courses to nothing but Michelin hence making the courses less true to life. I hope not, it's a relatively small but noticeable alteration.

Hmm, that screenshot makes me worried that they'll change every real world track's mostly accurate sponsor signs around the courses to nothing but Michelin hence making the courses less true to life. I hope not, it's a relatively small but noticeable alteration.
That shot is from Lago Maggiore which is fictional.

Well, if this really leads to a better tire model - and isn't just corporate shenanigans - by all means, let's have Michelin branding all over the place.

Which is full of Toyo Tire branding right now :lol::lol::lol:.
True but i don't think they can do that on licensed courses.

gt sport is champion for partener ship lol

And rightfully so for the right reasons...

Very smart of PD, because it legitimizes everything they do, furthering their leadership... I am surprised this has not yet been happening... (IRacing ? Forza? )

If they haven't, then from here on, believe me they will be fighting to get all suppliers on board....

I've got some jokes to post about this, but they'll have to wait till tomorrow as I'm too tired...

Not sure this partnership will have much of a effect on things that we will "see" in the game, but it may have a big effect on what we "feel" in the future.

conventional RX tracks in the future

I could go for a bit of that!

I thought that too, but the shots in the video are all obviously pre-rendered, not in-game footage. Hopefully the blanket coverage of the logo in those scenes are just to keep the new partners happy during the reveal and don't actually reflect whats in-game.

Back