Microsoft Reveals Next-Gen Console: "Xbox Series X"

I hope this has Full Backwards capability rather then Partial, I don't want to search the tombs of Ancient Egypt to get a console that can play Sega GT2002.
On stage, Phil did say it’d set a new bar for compatibility (among other things)... so that would be nice. Though it’s possible he might’ve been alluding to some sort of PC game compatibility with that.

Backwards compatibility is probably the single most important factor for whether I’ll go with Playstation or Xbox at launch next gen.

No thanks. Got a brand new PC so my bro will have my the last Xbox I plan to buy ever. Reasons? Forza plays on PC and undoubtedly the next ones too among many other games which I'll be able to run with high settings!. ;)

Not sure what to think.

Backwards combatibility is huge for me. Can proberly convinse me to buy at launch.

The Design could be a deal breaker for me. Hoping it can fit into my exixting tv rack, as I am not interested to have a PC standing in the living room.

I hope full back compatibility means exactly what it says on the tin. I would like to be able to re-play all of the PGR Series, CMR 3, 4 & 5, Toca Race Driver series, Dirt 2 & Grid. Fingers crossed.

Not sure what to think.

Backwards combatibility is huge for me. Can proberly convinse me to buy at launch.

The Design could be a deal breaker for me. Hoping it can fit into my exixting tv rack, as I am not interested to have a PC standing in the living room.
Its smaller than one x

Its smaller than one x

Dosent look like it. It looks like its a bit more tall than the controller when its laying down. The current Xbox one s ( wich I have ) is only about half as tall as the controller.

So its double as tall as the Xbox s wich will mean a lot of people will have problems where to place it in existing tv shelf and racks.

The more I see it the less I like it. But gues we will have to wait until we know more about it.

Heard anything about VR?

They sayd they are not planning to support VR technology, as they dont see it as having a real future in gaming :-(

I also think that is sad. I dont know about shooters, RPG or other games. But IMO for cockpit kinda games VR is very real, after trying to play VR, going beack to pancake mode is kinda meh..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dosent look like it. It looks like its a bit more tall than the controller when its laying down. The current Xbox one s ( wich I have ) is only about half as tall as the controller.

So its double as tall as the Xbox s wich will mean a lot of people will have problems where to place it in existing tv shelf and racks.

The more I see it the less I like it. But gues we will have to wait until we know more about it.
~45*25*25 + PSU. One X 60*30*25. You could place x series horizontally or vertically

Very impressive. Quite like the cube shape also. It's the first thing that drew me to it.
Playstation will have to come real good to match or top this.

I haven't decided which side to pick for next gen but the Series X is looking like a strong offering. The form factor looks great and I'm digging the back-compat support. 👍

It literally looks like a PC tower. Backwards compatibility with all previous Xbox generations is good news but since most Xbox titles nowadays are playable on PC, next gen consoles in general are going to be a hard pass from me.

Back