Midnight Club LA

• Thread starter P1
  • 918 comments
- Is DLC likely?, and do you recon it will be free? Because there is a downloable content thing in the menu so I really don't know what to expect. Im hoping for lots more cars because that is LA's biggest weakness compared to 3. Burnout really sets the standard on DLC but they are non licenced cars.[/quote]

DLC would be great, Although the list of cars is not extensive it would be nice to get some other autos. I am happy having all the various mustangs as I am a huge mustang fan. True the AI makes the levels somewhat difficult and challenging to win a race particularly in the series races. I like holding down the emergency brake and throttling up then dropping the brake at the start. The mustang tweaks and bears down just like launching on a drag strip - really cool. A drag mode in the game particularly at a stop light would be really cool maybe on sunset strip or something? :dopey:

Ok, after playing some time I have to kinda agree with whoever said it's a boring game. The faster cars are ridiculous arcadeish :(

However i tried to get some of the trophies and had some weird error here: after i made a 1098 feet jump i got a message 'you did not earn a trophy' !! :indiff: instead of my trophy for the 1020 feet jump ... anyone had this before? really annoying !

Yes, but i've played lots of arcade raceres and usually they don't act so weird also it really got worse with the faster cars.

I wouldnt say that the physics in MC are all that much different from other arcade racers such as NFS, the handling in this game reminds me of Ridge Racer.

Robin

Basically this is an arcade game that doesn't just let you slam the stick either way to steer, which is good or bad depending how you see it.

Been playing some more of it and ive noticed you never really have to use the brake in this game! :sly:

I don't think the physics are that hard to deal with (actually they are really easy) its the amount of obsticals on the screen that makes it challenging. To be honest you get quite a rush racing because there is just so much going on on screen and the sense of speed is incredible. You have to avoid tons of things in a split second and it does give a realistic sense of what it must feel like to street race.

The cops are quite hard to loose in this game but it is quite fun pulling over and then flooring it. :sly: I find that best way to get some distance is to 180 handbrake and drive through them, it takes them longer to turn around because of thier heavy Impala's!

Does anyone else notice that the game seems to stay more on the night cycle than the day? Im almost always racing at night!

Oh just another question, why are there quite a few licenced cars as traffic like SUV's and other saloons which are not available in game? It just doesnt make sense!

Robin

Last edited:
I agree on the brakes, Robin. As with the physics, it also helps that a lot of the streets and turns on other streets have small roads you can just drift on. There really aren't many direct 90 degree turns in the game.

I love to drive this game with g25, using h shifter and clutch. But one thing that surprised me, was when i looked at cockpit of lambo Dub, it actually counts how much miles i have driven with it, nice litlle touch by Rockstar. I am loving every minute of this game, beaten city champ, won pink slips. I must say that beside gta4 and gt5p and top spin3 this game is worth more than 60$. There are just tones of stuff to do with the missions, races, highway chases, and the cops, they are the most fun little bastardz to race with. Just love them. Can wait to finish it and go online with you guys to have even more fun.

Oh just another question, why are there quite a few licenced cars as traffic like SUV's and other saloons which are not available in game? It just doesnt make sense!

Robin

Actually, all traffic cars are real saloons. Albeit with modifications, I saw:

- VW Polo front end on a Mk4 Golf and Bora
- Nissan 350Z

It's usually just head and tail-lamp mods, look closely next time. Among the non-modded licensed real life cars I saw:

- Cadillac Escalade
- Cadillac CTS (+ Limo version)
- Chrysler 300C

I'm sure there's more too.

Anyone up for a GTP online cruise sometime?

Ive also seen GMC Yukons, Caddy CTS', Chevy Cobalts and Silverado's. I also noticed that the Taxi's are Chevy Caprice's! Its good to see quite a few real licenced cars as traffic (GM fest!) compared to the totally fictional stuff seen in a lot of titles. I just hope that at some point these become playable because it could add like 10 or so cars to the list with not all that much effort (just res them up and add interiors). Im sure everyone wants SUV's back!

Would be great to race with all you guys sometime online.

Robin

Agree on the SUVs point, they NEED:

- Hummer H2/H3
- Mercedes G55 AMG
- Cadillac Escalade
- Lincoln Navigator
- Ford Explorer

Imagine the bling!

Plus, they need the new GT-R.

I really want to to drive my real life car in this game and it bugs me theat the CTS-V is not playable :). Its snowy out now and traction control is REALLY slow to kick in with 400 ponies to the rear wheels lol.

I never noticed the millage counter, bu thats pretty cool.

Oh yeah they need a Z1000(my bike) and the B-King(my future bike)in the game.

Reventón;3225743
Sure you weren't thinking of the old Camaro traffic cars?

Positive, I've seen 1970 age Chevelles around the streets of LA, there's one in the very first trailer as a traffic car if you pay careful attention, the same model as the one that featured in Midnight Club 3 Remix (or perhaps not the SS but same age).

How do you take a photo in photo mode? I am using a DFGT, do I need to use the controller instead? or can you only take a photo in photo mode online?

You can take photos any time you like, on controller you pause game (online or off) tap the right analog and you're, in then hit X and you can save your photo :)

You can take photos any time you like, on controller you pause game (online or off) tap the right analog and you're, in then hit X and you can save your photo :)

Thanks Dragonistic I will give it a try, I figured it had something to do with me using the wheel. Switching from the wheel to controller and back is sometimes touchy with this game. Wanted to get the trophy for 16 photos and see if I could possibly create a wallpaper.

New News! Im glad to see Rockstar are going to do DLC for MCLA :) and FREE DLC at that! :crazy: Apparently its coming early 09.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles DLC Revealed

Rockstar San Diego's open-world racer Midnight Club: Los Angeles (PS3, 360) will gain two downloadable content packs early next year--one free, one paid--that will expand the game world and add a variety of new vehicles and race.

Roughly 1/3 the size of the original map, the free South Central Upgrade Map adds a number of landmarks, such as Exposition Park, the USC campus, Shrine Auditorium, Crenshaw Plaza, and the L.A. Memorial Coliseum, with Rockstar adding that the new area "stretches south to the 105 Freeway."

Meanwhile, the premium "South Central Content Pack" brings some cars, a motorcycle, and SUVs to the game along with new character competitions, races and music. A price was not specified, with Rockstar only noting that it would be "available for purchase."

I wonder how much the car pack will cost?... I see they finally realised they needed SUV's but they shouldnt really charge because they are already in the game as NPC's.

Some screens..

1229115114.jpg

1229114857.jpg

1229114856.jpg

Robin

I'm happy there's some free DLC, ingame advertising is one thing, but trophy advertising?! One of the trophies is 'T-Mobile MyFaves' and the description says something along the lines of "this trophy brought to you by T-Mobile" :crazy:

I'm happy there's some free DLC, ingame advertising is one thing, but trophy advertising?! One of the trophies is 'T-Mobile MyFaves' and the description says something along the lines of "this trophy brought to you by T-Mobile" :crazy:

Yeah to get the trophy you have to race online with 5 of your faves friends online? The new DLC would be great, my guess on cost would be 9.99 or 14.99 since most new "Map Packs" on PSN run in that range.

The above screen shots are nice, I dig the '67 goat. Gonna need something big with Muscle to push the SUV's around :mischievous:

Oh forgot to ask, there was a patch added a while back by Rockstar to tweak the AI and make the first section of the game easier (as a result of the negative reviews because they stated it was too damn hard). I was wondering if anyone has noticed any differences in the way the game plays now. The only thing I see different is that now AI cars can have collisions with traffic and no longer have such a superhuman driving ability.

As for the DLC muscle cars are fine but I would prefer newer model cars, like some more supercars. Give us something from 08-09 Rockstar!

Robin.

Heh, I just rented the game, and while I'm only 15 or so races into the game I found it to be very easy considering reviewer's claims of punishing difficulty.

I played last night and raced the dub edition challenger and didn't seem as hard. I had a really hard time before but I used the cobra concept. On the mack burger and Hollywood lookout wager races I did hard and was leading way out front. I did notice the ai cars were spinning out or colliding with traffic. I forgot about the patch 1.3 that had came out. I still have yet to finish the game and just got the 300 race trophy. Can't wait for the DLC I really enjoy this game.

Oh joy, christmas sounds like fun, im getting this game and I have no doubt it will be good, the DLC might become the first thing I pay for on PSN. I need to pay someone who has a credit card though...

Back