Midnight Club LA

• Thread starter P1
  • 918 comments
Well I hate to judge games on tiny resolution videos in the first place, but idk it looks a little too cartoony for me. We'll wait and see though.

It looks like the cars are floating.

I don't know if this game looks more like Burnout or more like NFS:U.

Well I hate to judge games on tiny resolution videos in the first place, but idk it looks a little too cartoony for me. We'll wait and see though.

You can always make the screen larger. :sly:

Finally, this is what I've been waiting for. I have this on preorder so I'm expecting quite a lot out of it. I'm a fan of free roam games like this. And I'd say it's more like Burnout Paradise in terms of drifting.

Just check out the video, Graphically it looks good with nice lighting effects, not 100% sure on the game play side, think i enjoy my sim racers to much and only arcade games i have liked is PGR series and TDU, the rest loose my attention in days.

i think the market is over-saturated with driving games, and after seeing the player take the first corner i'm going to have to pass on MC:LA..i'll stick with gt5, and patiently wait for Motorstorm2 :D

The game is going to be great, going off a single video is not a good way to judge a game. Its going to be a great game like MC3, its a first day buy for me and i'm praying it doesn't get delayed. MC:LA is nothing like Motorstorm or GT5 and will make a good alternative to them. After reading the IGN hands on preview its looking to be as great as MC3.

It is an alternative to both Need For Speed and Juiced. I'll rent it on the PS3 to see if I like it, and it does look promising. In this video, it's just that the player suck. No offense, but he did retry the race. He should have retry the race before he crosses the finish line.

I'll be getting it for sure, I've really like the last four installments of the game even though they've been really frustrating at time. MC3 was awesome just based on the customisation you could do to the vehicles.

Wondering why this game isnt that popular inhere. Releasedate is next week. And if you ask me: The game looks AWESOME to me.

I'm afraid the videos and screenshots looks to good to be true. But the online capabilitys of this game are just great if they work that way. Maybe we get the first game with real working 16 Player Mode. They state on the homepage that they even have traffic with the races.

I'm very excited about this game, especially because the setting is really, really nice.

Sil

Rock Star has taken a low profile with the game for some unknown reason, its going to hurt the pre orders and early sales rush. I'm still getting it day one.

I didn't want to start a new topic for this...

I just got the latest issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine in the mail, and it came with a MCLA poster that seems to reveal the entire car list. It's pitifully small compared to Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition... and even moreso to DUB Remix.

Bikes:
- 2006 Ducati 999R
- 2007 Ducati Monster S4RS
- 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

Tuners:
- 2008 Audi RS 4
- 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
- 1975 Datsun 280Z
- 2004 Ford SVT Focus
- 1995 Mazda RX-7
- 2008 Mazda RX-8 "Shinka"
- 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
- 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
- 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
- 1998 Nissan 240SX [S14]
- 2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster
- 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec
- 2006 Pontiac Solstice
- 1983 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- 2008 Volkswagen Golf R32
- 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco

Luxury:
- 2007 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
- 2008 Mercedes S600 & S600 "DUB Edition"
- 2007 Mercedes SL65 AMG

Exotics:
- 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
- 2008 Audi R8
- 2006 Ford GT
- Ford Shelby Cobra Concept
- 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
- 1971 Lamborghini Miura SV
- 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & Murcielago Roadster "DUB Edition"
- 2006 Saleen S7

Muscle Cars:
- 1987 Buick Grand National GNX
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS SS
- Chevrolet Camaro Concept & Camaro Concept "DUB Edition"
- 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 [C6] [once again the Corvette is classed wrong]
- 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
- 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
- Dodge Challenger Concept & Challenger Concept "DUB Edition"
- Dodge Charger SRT-8
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertble
- 1979 Pontiac Firebird
- 2008 Saleen S302 Extreme

Last edited:
Am I the only one who looks at this as a TDU-2 style fix?

Its a lot like Test Drive Unlimited, ive been waiting for a sequel on PS3 oh so long Eden! and have now given up!

Robin

I dont think it will be like TDU, because of the handling of the cars. I think the handling in MCLA is way more arcade than in TDU. I'm not even sure if you can use a wheel in MCLA.

I guess the handling will be like Burnout Paradise.

Sil

I dont think it will be like TDU, because of the handling of the cars. I think the handling in MCLA is way more arcade than in TDU. I'm not even sure if you can use a wheel in MCLA.

I guess the handling will be like Burnout Paradise.

Sil

HEY SIL its muji from TDU

i got this game on preorder look forward to seeing you. whats your psn name?

Well, reviews are popping up, and the general consenus is that it is quite good, but also frustratingly hard. Online'll be fun though.

Midnight Club has always been frustratingly hard, you had to hit everything perfect in order to win races.

I bought the game yesterday. I thought the cruising was really good and the handling of the cars with G25 seemed pretty good. Not GT5 realistic or PC-sim realistic, but realistic enough to be very enjoyable. I love driving fast on the freeway in heavy traffic weaving left and right. It's a LOT better than Test Drive Unlimited.

I played for a while got as few easy trophies, I love the customizing. The handing is ok for the type of racer but the collisions detections are off. Oh yeah I think the patch fixed the freezing.

Game supports XMB Music but its waay to loud. its broken :)

Im thinking of picking this up. Ive never played any of the Midnight Club games.

Don't be deceived by the somewhat realistic look to the game, if it's anything like midnight club 3, it very arcade. I'll be picking my copy up today hopefully, so unless you buy it today i can give you a true opinion :lol:

Back