Midnight Club LA

• Thread starter P1
  • 918 comments
LOL how did you do that? I´m stuck on 8 or something.:ouch:

Big 👍 well done!

May I ask do you have the Audi R8 and if so was it hard to get???

No, more work would be needed to get it through the rockstar social club thing, then for one you need 25 hours cruise time, so at least that is required to get it. Or at least i think so, i have no actual information it's just my estimate. If I'm right and it is the social clubs targets, then it is more itme consuming then difficult.

Hey, Dragonistic since your at 100% mind posting a game save? :D Pretty please!

I'll think about it :)

What are the button configurations like? Is it X to accelerate and circle to brake or do you have to use the triggers?

Whatever you like, there's a custom option.

Cool thanks for the answer, I can not stand the triggers on the PS3 when used for racing.

I personally prefer the triggers, only slight issue is i ran out of different buttons so neglected a next/previous track button.

Few more pictures of my RX7 after I spent some time sponsoring it up
rx7new2.jpg

rx7new3.jpg

rx7new.jpg

Ok, just a test... dont know if this works. LOL

Attachments

• ilikearmanimoreedit.jpg
    ilikearmanimoreedit.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 22
  • crashtestdummyedit.jpg
    crashtestdummyedit.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 888stunningedit2.jpg
    888stunningedit2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 121212coltseaverracingedit1.jpg
    121212coltseaverracingedit1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 33
  • nothanxtooexpensiveedit.jpg
    nothanxtooexpensiveedit.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 777jumpalittlehigheredit.jpg
    777jumpalittlehigheredit.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 32
To be honest, I really dont see whats good about this game. And Im not just being critical for the heck of it. The graphics dont look good at all. The gameplay looks just like every other arcade racer. And creating blinged out rides just sounds stupid.

To be honest, I really dont see whats good about this game. And Im not just being critical for the heck of it. The graphics dont look good at all. The gameplay looks just like every other arcade racer. And creating blinged out rides just sounds stupid.
Really? Well, bad for you... you miss out on one of the best games ever made, especially graphics and gameplay - wise.
And Im not really into tuning (as you can see^^ )
At the beginning I didn't like the checkpoint races, but now I love it. You really have to hang in there or you are screwed. 👍
Works well here.....love the "oops is that what happens when you hit a petrol station" pic LOL

Yes, that's what happens... :)
edit/ glad it works and adding contrast really helps 👍

Last edited:
The gameplay looks just like every other arcade racer. And creating blinged out rides just sounds stupid.

The gameplay looks like every other arcade racer? Have you played it? One thing you can't say is that the physics are the same, they are vastly different to any other game I've played before. The steering is very sensitive, so alot of videos give a bad representation of the physics as alot of people aren't smooth with the inputs and end up making a jerking motion.

Exactly^^

BTW anyone happens to know how to unlock the EXP levels? I unlocked stun level 2, but no idea how I did it LOL ...
Another thing Id like to know is how the heck do you enter a RaceEditor race online , I mean I was host for one, but I didn't get the trophy... so how to enter, quick race maybe ?

I'm at 15% and i love the game more and more. It feels good being able to win races by many car lengths after winning a new car. I cant wait to get the RS4, just need 20k more.

I love the way rear wheel drive cars drift around corners, will never go back to fwd.

Got the game yesterday. Between Kartracer's comments, my brothers getting the game, and finding this thread I guess I didn't have a choice. Logged about 5 hours last night getting into races, cruising, and pimping my 240. The only reason I quit was I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. It was a blast. My girlfriend will be lonely for a little while............

I played a big first stint myself to. Really loved it, haven't had the chance to play online properly yet as I'm not at home til tomorrow nd then i'm out again. I had some goes without the headset, shame the bikes dominate so much and if it's not a bike everyone has an exotic of some form which is a little boring, but it can be restricted which is nice.

Got the game yesterday. Between Kartracer's comments, my brothers getting the game, and finding this thread I guess I didn't have a choice. Logged about 5 hours last night getting into races, cruising, and pimping my 240. The only reason I quit was I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. It was a blast. My girlfriend will be lonely for a little while............

I rented the game last night, I too like this game. You can just sit back and drive, race, get chased, whatever. I use a DFGT and it works very well with the game, the wheel is also customizable so you can select which buttons do what. I will definetely buy this game, will wait before going online to get familiar with the huge map. It is very similiar to NFS Prostreet but makes up where Prostreet falls short.

I'm using my G25 with it.....feels pretty good. That it supports a wheel is one reason I bought it.

About using a G25.......is there a button and if so, which one:
- provides a rear view for checking the competition
- is used for nitros

I've looked through the menus so I guess I'm missing it. But, where do you go to customize the button layout? Knowing the answer to this would resolve the two above.

Although I love GT5P, MCLA might be a new addiction of mine. That I can just cruise and enjoy my ride and have the freedom to choose my races is pretty cool. The handling is naturally arcadish but it's still a lot of fun to throw my ride around. I don't know how it is for controller users but I'm able to thread the needle at traffic lights and slip through the cars waiting for the light to change.

I've taken to punting the competitors (AI competitors) for the fun of it just to see how they'll respond. The AI doesn't appreciate being crowded and will fuss. Unlike GT, the AI in the game hasn't run over me yet. But, maybe I'm just too fast for them, lol.

I've started running a few of the yellow difficulty races and managed to win a couple. My 240 still has a lot of upgrades to go but it's getting faster and faster. It would be much faster if I had not spent money on cosmetic upgrades. But, who wants to ride around in a piece of junk when you can pimp out and be fast too?

I've had the game since release, im about 40% complete driving a matte white RS4 :) no fancy graphics on her :sly:, anyway this game is brilliant.
Except for the fact that i can't go cruising online, everytime i click on cruise online thee game freezes and stays that way.
I've left the game sittin there for about 2 hours to see if it finally works, but no joy.
Anyone had that problem or heard of a solution would be good.
And its not my DSL been online gaming for a long time so its setup correct.
I've also had races in tiered and standard, just can't go cruising.

HELP:ill:

^^ I have no solution for that,
but I can't upload any cars to rate my ride... it worked once, never again. Says server not available :(
I think only Rockstars can help ( aka patch )

I'm using my G25 with it.....feels pretty good. That it supports a wheel is one reason I bought it.

About using a G25.......is there a button and if so, which one:
- provides a rear view for checking the competition
- is used for nitros

I've looked through the menus so I guess I'm missing it. But, where do you go to customize the button layout? Knowing the answer to this would resolve the two above.

Although I love GT5P, MCLA might be a new addiction of mine. That I can just cruise and enjoy my ride and have the freedom to choose my races is pretty cool. The handling is naturally arcadish but it's still a lot of fun to throw my ride around. I don't know how it is for controller users but I'm able to thread the needle at traffic lights and slip through the cars waiting for the light to change.

I've taken to punting the competitors (AI competitors) for the fun of it just to see how they'll respond. The AI doesn't appreciate being crowded and will fuss. Unlike GT, the AI in the game hasn't run over me yet. But, maybe I'm just too fast for them, lol.

I've started running a few of the yellow difficulty races and managed to win a couple. My 240 still has a lot of upgrades to go but it's getting faster and faster. It would be much faster if I had not spent money on cosmetic upgrades. But, who wants to ride around in a piece of junk when you can pimp out and be fast too?

(I am not in front of the game screen) If I recall you go to settings or options There are three options for using a wheel. Wheel automatic, wheel manual, and wheel custom. Under wheel custom you can select which buttons function as what. There is an option where you can do a rear and side views.

I love the game.

It's a good break from GT5:P and racing simulators in general.
Good cars, brand-name parts and fast arcade racing.

I'll upload a couple of my in-game shots.

Sooo glad I rented it... PASS.

How far did you get, and did you try it online? Or even the social club features? The game is loaded with features. What did you think about Midnight Club 3 since 4 is much improved over 3 minus the smaller car list.

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more downloadable content than what EA offers in its street racing game. Since they (RockStar) dont have a year to year game.

Not far... I've played games that are similar and they didn't keep my interest too long either. Not going to buy it.

Hmm..i've got 96% of the Single Player now, and i'm still missing some trophys. FOr example the Champion Trophys (except the Muscle Car Champion). I managed to solve all missions. All i'm getting right now is Beach-Mission, Canyon Races....no Missions anymore...

Bugtime?

Sil

Well , I have the impression too, that some trophies look like you have to do carreer again, in case you run out of missions / opponents ??!
Not sure though as I'm only at 20% atm... :lol:

Back