Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I'm currently building a tower in the server while listening to the radio. I'm just waiting to get some stone it finish it up.

You might be able to see my tower going up too now nick, it's being built on top of my cliffside house. I was mining down below it earlier and came across a series of connected, well lit tunnels. I'm guessing that was you or WallRunner?

You might be able to see my tower going up too now nick, it's being built on top of my cliffside house. I was mining down below it earlier and came across a series of connected, well lit tunnels. I'm guessing that was you or WallRunner?

If you were digging South/East of your house, they were probably mine, I've been digging all over the place :P

About to hop on now, gonna finish building my vault!

I saw it. I'm gonna finish my tower after a lunch break. I've only been on the server for about 5 hours so I don't have the time to mine tunnels.

If I'm online at the same time, feel free to ask me to spawn something for you. :)

Crash, I took some dirt and fixed your underwater house,next time build a mold out of dirt, put the glass on it, and then remove the dirt (Or, if you're not short on wood/wool, you can use that and then burn it after placing the glass) :D

Thanks Wall. Yeah, I kinda figured how I was building it was really backward. But hey; I build through instinct, not logic. What can you do.

Edit: Exploring behind Rykon's house found these gems of random environment generating. (There was another cavern I wanted to take a pic of, but I forgot...)

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I love how much of a landmark my house is.

So, successful day; I finished my house, I made a small mushroom farm, made a soup kitchen for my mushroom farm, restocked my supply of coal, found a dungeon, made a bow, lost the bow, and fixed the local drawbridge.

I might make the Black Sun Mansion 3 if I can be bothered.

EDIT: You know, I still haven't found nick's or Moglet's stuff, I'll go exploring tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is the tower I made and most of my work was on the stone structure.
dserver6.png

When I logged into the server for the first time and rode that minecart track I ran into a large void. I had to take pictures because of it's size. I never seen one this large before.
dsever1.png

dsever2.png

dsever3.png

dsever4.png

dsever5.png

Since it was daylight and I found a perfect spot to take a picture of my tower, I did. You might notice the extra stone under the the base. I added some extra headroom in my basement. That's what happened.
dserver7.png

Also decided to make tunnels under my basement and eventually struck the sea! Made a nice underwater viewing spot just for the heck of it. Makes me wonder if a portal in the water would work.
dserver8.png

I'm getting this now, but my names taken! :ouch: I'll need to think of something else...

Last edited:
Maybe you could make the r a "R"? Or you could try a combination of lower case and upper case letters.

EDIT: Also for people who are on DQuan's server. He's looking into Bukkit!

Last edited:
Maybe you could make the r a "R"? Or you could try a combination of lower case and upper case letters.

I'll try that!

EDIT: My name is RyanGB98. And Minecraft is downloaded!

Last edited:

EDIT: Also for people who are on DQuan's server. He's looking into Bukkit!

Yup. I've set up an empty test server on port 22223. So far I've added the spawn/setspawn and home/sethome commands and the permissions plugin but it looks bloody complicated and I haven't configured it so you might find you're unable to build anything. Like I said though, this is a test server and when everything is working properly we'll switch over.

Well if you downloaded the zip file he explains it in the readme. Of course I understand it's complicated, I looked at the readme and I can see why.

Yup. Thing is the groups are empty. In fact all the config files are empty. So can I add groups and call them what I want? How do I set a specific permission to a group? None of that is clear.

I attached the zip file to this post.👍

If anything you just downloaded the .jar file.

Attachments

• Permissions-bin.zip
    100.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks that helped. Yml is a pain though. I think I have got rid of that error and permissions are starting to work. :)

I love minecraft and I play it a lot. It's completely addicting and I find that it never seems to get old.

This may be a weird or stupid question, but my friend told me that you can't run minecraft online/multiplayer on a laptop or it will crash (the laptop) or something like that. I do trust this guy, but he's not exactly the most reliable source of info. Can someone tell me of this is true? I really want to play online, but I don't want to run this kind of risk.

Well, I had a successful first day on minecraft. Gathered material, built a house and made a dock, bridge, tunnel and a smal canal between 2 of the lakes. Also, I believe my house is near yours RykonZero!

EDIT: When you make the new server DQuaN, will you transfer the current map to it?

Ummm......yeah.

stucko.jpg

stuck2.jpg

:lol:

Also massive fail on my part by falling off the bridge I'm attempting to construct over the lake. :(

Oh, and of course this!

Last edited:
EDIT: When you make the new server DQuaN, will you transfer the current map to it?

Oh yeah, I hate having to start over! It won't be for a while though as these permissions are a pain in the backside!

Back