Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
A quick bamp to announce I have installed a much more advanced minecraft server. :)

Same address as above. Hop on and get building.

Well it's your server so do whatever you feel is best, I just thought it might be easier to be on peaceful if everyone is going to be running about building things. All it would take is one badly placed Creeper and a lot of work could be undone!

Another server I'm on have creepers but they can't damage the environment. Perhaps I can get that to work. The only drawback of turning monsters off is the fact that you can't get feathers, bone, string etc.

Another server I'm on have creepers but they can't damage the environment. Perhaps I can get that to work. The only drawback of turning monsters off is the fact that you can't get feathers, bone, string etc.

Ah, I didn't think of that! I also didn't know that you could set Creepers to not cause block damage, that's a very good idea! I'm going to hop on and take a look soon 👍

Just logged on, running smooth for me. Looking forward to maybe playing more often since I'm playing with people I know :P

I'm close to giving up on my current server. Every time I try to sleep, I get attacked. No matter where the bed is, how my house is set up, how it's lit, nothing. Just constant attacks during the night.

Also, a Creeper hid behind a corner and annihilated the mob catcher I'd spent ages making. I've decided that the server can sod off until they change to peaceful. 👎 Will see what's happening in DQuaN's one now though.

I have to say, playing on a peaceful server can be quite nice.

Behold, some of the products of my boredom.

HR07o.png

TNH9Q.jpg

And a scenic vista :P

wxKmf.jpg

Nice! Those must have taken a while! Me and WallRunner have been playing on DQuaN's serverfor a while tonight, he's built a giant tower with water all over the place and I'm building a house in the side of a mountain complete with waterfalls either side and running through the entrance area. Who built the giant 'dock' sort of area by the spawn house?

Last edited:
Nice! Those must have taken a while! Me and Wallbreaker have been playing on DQuaN's serverfor a while tonight, he's built a giant tower with water all over the place and I'm building a house in the side of a mountain complete with waterfalls either side and running through the entrance area. Who built the giant 'dock' sort of area by the spawn house?

Other than your stuff, my tower and the "spawn house" (That I built), I think everything else was generated, unless I'm missing like a dock made out of wood or something :P

It's shaped like a tennis racket. I tried to get a screenshot but the game froze up on me. If you stand on top of your tower and look toward the spawn area you'll see it.

Mog, that giant cross station looking thing. Yeah, that. I have 3 of those on that server on different parts of the map connected by rail. The amount of glass I've used is rather wonky, and I know I've had 2000 pieces at one time that all got used replacing the bottom of a lake so you could be under it and see the sun...

I'm close to giving up on my current server. Every time I try to sleep, I get attacked. No matter where the bed is, how my house is set up, how it's lit, nothing. Just constant attacks during the night.

It's a bug. It gets dark when you sleep, monsters spawn when it's dark. I think it's getting fixed on this weeks update.

That is impressive Azuremen.

Who built the minecart track to "King & Queen Island"? Kinda neat but my minecart kept getting stolen by pigs :grumpy:

That would be me! Having a bit of trouble since the update, can't get it to connect.

Yeah I wouldn't touch the server at all until they get all these crazy bugs fixed, there's already been 4 updates this morning and there's still a ton of really bad bugs. (Like furnaces losing all your items or disappearing tools)

Damn I wish I had this game. But the $20 is hard to come by, and there's literally no way my mom would see those graphics and be willing to pay for it. :lol:

So if anyone ever as any gift codes lying around they don't need, i'll love you for it.

and there's literally no way my mom would see those graphics and be willing to pay for it. :lol:

What this means you should do is show her the ABSOLUTELY AMAZING things that people have made in Minecraft. First thing that showed up in my head that someone has made was a scale version of Hyrule from Zelda Link to the Past, it doesn't take much to see some amazing things.

I'll be popping on from time to time on this server, if you don't mind. I've already had a little tour, though I can't find any mines.

Me Building a portal to the nether was totally NOT the reason everyone just got kicked out a minute ago! :dunce:

Dunc, the server need to be updated, we can still lose our tools if we drop them and pick them up.

I have just built a mostly finished house looking down on the spawn point, designed off of the Asylum blueprints. All I need now is to add my brick patio, add the vault, then polish the house up. My cave has been essentially abandoned, but my mine is still in it.

I got many brick after finding 2 deposits which gave me a total of (64*8)+35 Clay. You can have some, as I won't use all for walls in my underwater house.

Seems like the server is down? I haven't been able to log on for a few hours. I was building a vault and then I lagged out and couldn't get back in.
Error message is: "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out", which simply seems to mean it can't contact the server.

It happened about 5 minutes after Crash left, I blame him!

Seems like the server is down? I haven't been able to log on for a few hours. I was building a vault and then I lagged out and couldn't get back in.
Error message is: "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out", which simply seems to mean it can't contact the server.

It happened about 5 minutes after Crash left, I blame him!

^^ Second that. I just tried to get on and I'm getting the same contact server error.

Back