Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Make a 3x3 square in the crafting square, and you can have a block that makes the brightest light in the game. Other than the sun.

Make a 3x3 square in the crafting square, and you can have a block that makes the brightest light in the game. Other than the sun.

OK, I saw that already. Thanks.

What else was new? Crafting wise, that is. I saw fishing. Looks like fun. I even saw a guy catch a spider.

Watch (4 Gold Ingots + Redstone arranged in the same pattern as a compass), the "lightstone" block, which is made by doing a 3x3 square of "Lightstone dust" in the crafting grid, that also means you get 1 lightstone block for every 9 you mine :dunce:.

Jack-o-lanterns are crafted by using 1 Pumpkin ontop of a torch in the grid, these aren't the "Lanterns" intended for the update though. They are a really good lightsource however, level 14 IIRC, which is one level under Lightstone/The Sun.

Lanterns will probably be introduced for the beta update which is reportedly coming soon, speculation is that they require lightstone from Hell, ofcourse all current torches will be replaced by lanterns still.

From,
Chris.

oh my god, the saplings I kept growing on top of my treehouse have now grown past the cloud level, I wonder what I should make up there, a sauna?

edit: finished my swimming pool, working on fixing the water current issue or leave it as it is and pretend I have a hot tub instead lol

edit2: Decided to build a bigger, better house below my treehouse, I think it's about time I moved out of my mining center and build a proper house, gonna do some research to find "that" aesthetic and style, trying some nontraditional material for a change too.

Last edited:
1082317332_5FfGY-L.jpg

LAST WEEK: I downloaded Alpha yesterday and my base is just an island with a dug out hole. I'm trying to put a ceiling up because I already got attacked by a spider. Wish me luck.

THIS WEEK: I now made my island bunker into a 3-story fort. I dug deeper to make a basement and discovered the MOTHERLOAD of all mines! Found 2 mob spawning areas and 7 zombies. I also ran into a Slime. I have an endless supply of coal and iron. I also found gold and diamond! Now, I need to find a way to mine those.

Last edited:
Minecraft was updated to Beta today. Many people seem to have problems with lag, including me. Not to mention a lot of bugs have appeared since the update.

Notch is aware of the bugs, he's working on fixes :)

This can only end badly - the TNT covered the side of a little hill
minecraft%20nuke%201.png

The aftermath - I was at a safe distance in an obsidian bunker when I activated the redstone fuse (click for full-size, they're ~1800 wide)

That's a pretty awesome texture pack. 👍
I detonate my TNT without any protection. It's fun to run away from the blocks falling from the sky. :mischievous:

Reading this thread has made me finally try out minecraft and I must say, I'm impressed. I can only play the free version for now but after I get the money I'm definitely buying. I find the game very addicting even though I haven't really even done anything yet. So far I only built one small house but I had a blast doing it. I can't wait to finally play the full version once I can buy it.

So I tried the whole let's see how much TNT we can put in a hole thing...the end results were comical. I have a super deep pit now that I'm working on smoothing out. I think I'll then fill it with water or something.

I put exactly 1000 TNT down in a little surface depression in a world of mine, with the intention of using redstone to wire up a detonator a long long way away. Unfortunately I stuffed up the first repeater (double NOT logic gate) and the TNT ended up exploding in my face :lol:

This is what I have done to my minecraft server today.
165248_154046937978022_100001181506524_268117_4926969_n.jpg

165254_154046954644687_100001181506524_268118_7499652_n.jpg

I let out about 256 TNT on a small area and I got that.

I've gotten back into Minecraft lately, playing on the Minetown server, built a floating town so far (over a lake!), playing with redstone more too, had a whole array of flashing pumpkins wired up on the server last night (Sadly didn't get any pictures though)

Here are some pictures of what I (and a few others) have built so far:
My house in the background, the capitol (from the back) and some other lots.
2011-01-06_025004.png

New Minecart station, tracks designed by another player, station built by me.
2011-01-06_024315.png

View from atop the station (There's a lift in the back), of the tree farm and "Broken Priory", showing off my epic circle building skills (:P)
2011-01-06_024216.png

Tree Farm 2.0:
2011-01-06_024531.png

Broken Priory at Night:
2011-01-06_024540.png

At Sunset (My Favorite shot)
2011-01-06_025237.png

My Main PC is fried so I'm playing this on a laptop, which is why the quality of the pictures sucks :\

From,
Chris.

I can't beleive how far this thread has dropped. Is anyone still playing it?

I'm contemplating setting up my own server. Who would be interested in joining if I did?

I've only just started playing Minecraft but I'm loving it, if you set up a server that would be ace & I'd love to join

I think I'll have to build a dedicated machine. I'm gonna have a poke around for parts and see what I can come up with!

DQuaN, if you do setup a server post the ip here and I would bet that you would get a fair amount of "well behaved" players to join in on it.

Stupid Creeper...

creeperj.jpg

I have no idea how to get him down though, he just keeps walking backwards and forwards on that bit of the tree.

Wow now that is an extensive bug fix line there. Now I can't wait to see what people do with the Nether on the servers.

It is done. :)

dqcraft.dyndns.org:22222

Nothing there at the moment other than a crafting table I made. The server software is really basic as well. No spawn/setspawn home/sethome or teleport commands. I might look to update it in the future.

Feel free to log on, look around and build whatever you like. :)

It is done. :)

dqcraft.dyndns.org:22222

Nothing there at the moment other than a crafting table I made. The server software is really basic as well. No spawn/setspawn home/sethome or teleport commands. I might look to update it in the future.

Feel free to log on, look around and build whatever you like. :)

Is it open to anyone then? Also what setting is it on? I wish my main server was peaceful but it's not, as you can see from the Creeper image!

Yup open to anyone. Currently monsters are switched on but I can turn them off if you like.

Back