Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Tonight may be my last night on Minecraft for a while, as I need to hand back the game to my sister so my nephew can learn how to play it (with my help of course!). I haven't decided to buy it yet - it's only a tenner, so I almost certainly will buy it, but after having played it pretty heavily for 6-7 nights, I'm struggling to justify the time expenditure to myself, as I found it very time consuming. I'm glad I've played it though and mastered the basics since I reckon my nephew will enjoy it and probably play it with his pals in the future, and it would be great to be able to play co-operatively online with my nephew/sister too. I ended up abandoning the idea of exploring random mines and concentrated on creating my own mineshaft and building safe spots near to the entrance of caverns etc., so that I spent as much time mining as possible and encountered as few baddies as possible. Mining does become a tad dull, however, once the novelty of finding new stuff wears off - but it's great finding enough material to have a decent supply of goodies for the future.

I am in two minds whether to recommend it to my nephew just yet, though - I think it is just too time consuming unless you are in creative mode, and I didn't really see the value in creative mode just yet.

@Touring Mars, you could always opt for an automatic tree farm. I mean, if the game doesn't feel challenging enough... :P

On a more serious note, while I would recommend you checking out some PC gameplays on YouTube (if time permits, that is), the game definitely has a completely different feel once you're the one playing it. If you like it on the Xbox 360, you will certainly love it on PC.

May I ask what your current PC specifications are?
I don't use my PC for gaming - it's only a laptop anyway, so I'll probably stick to playing it on the Xbox - also, my nephew and sister have an Xbox and the whole point of my playing the game is to be able to play with them eventually... that said, the PC version does look pretty sweet in comparison 👍

-

I gave my verdict on the game to my sister a couple of weekends ago and she has decided not to give the game to my nephew just yet, largely based on my assessment that it is monumentally time-consuming. I reckon it wasn't a very smart gift (from his Dad) for a 6 year old child, but never mind... on the plus side, it means I get to keep it for the time being and play with it a bit more. By the time my sister wants my nephew to play the game, I will probably have built some cool stuff to play with.

I don't use my PC for gaming - it's only a laptop anyway, so I'll probably stick to playing it on the Xbox - also, my nephew and sister have an Xbox and the whole point of my playing the game is to be able to play with them eventually... that said, the PC version does look pretty sweet in comparison 👍

-

I gave my verdict on the game to my sister a couple of weekends ago and she has decided not to give the game to my nephew just yet, largely based on my assessment that it is monumentally time-consuming. I reckon it wasn't a very smart gift (from his Dad) for a 6 year old child, but never mind... on the plus side, it means I get to keep it for the time being and play with it a bit more. By the time my sister wants my nephew to play the game, I will probably have built some cool stuff to play with.

Mooooo. Theres "kind of" difference from Xbox to PC :lol:

Mooooo. Theres "kind of" difference from Xbox to PC :lol:
Besides the shadow effects (shaders) the screen shots look exactly the same IMO. The PS4 / X1 versions also include skin packs that smooth out all the graphics. I understand everything else will run better on pc but the look about the same. Not that mc is about graphics.

Besides the shadow effects (shaders) the screen shots look exactly the same IMO. The PS4 / X1 versions also include skin packs that smooth out all the graphics. I understand everything else will run better on pc but the look about the same. Not that mc is about graphics.

Yes game wise its the exact same of all consoles etc... Just the shaders make it look a tad better on pc.

*cough*
*ahem*
*cough*
Yup looks the same on the X1/PS4 minus the shadow effects (shaders). Minecraft is VERY similar on the PC, X1, and PS4. As I mentioned before, the consoles offer "smooth" packs which make the game look VERY close to the PC. As long as everyone is having fun, that's all that counts. ;)

So... what's going on here then?

2015-02-22_134620.png

2015-02-22_135307.png

2015-02-22_134551.png

Getting some very odd graphical glitches. Only started doing it after I increased the chunk view distance, but didn't disappear when I reduced it again. And it remains glitchy even if you walk right up to it.

So... what's going on here then?

Getting some very odd graphical glitches. Only started doing it after I increased the chunk view distance, but didn't disappear when I reduced it again. And it remains glitchy even if you walk right up to it.

I get the same thing if I try to adjust the render distance over like 10 I think. So, I just leave it lower than the setting that causes the glitch.

I've seen a similar video glitch except the bg keeps flickering and changing between several different ones. I'll see if I can find the video.

Found it:

Latest Posts

Back