Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Alright, so I play on like, every system. I'm two trophies away from Platinuming it on PS3. Is there any way I can get a few of ya'll to help me kill Endermen, go into The End, and put a whalloping on the Dragon at some point in the near future? I'm working on Platinuming a few games, and would love some assistance in doing this one.

Do Zombies and Skeletons (maybe Creepers, too?) have the advanced pathfinding AI that the PC version does, or do they behave like Zombie Pigmen and run straight towards you, ignoring any threats (Lava, fatal drops, etc)?

Creepers don't generally do that but I think zombies and skeleton still do.

So first time logging in in around a couple years, might start back up on this server again. I think this is the one where I made a giant house that burned down. Names are familiar, not really anything else.

I need to get back on the server too, but I've had a Minecraft hiatus for several months so just want to hone my skills again before hopping on and being crap at everything!

I was playing online about 5 minutes ago and a friend came to my world he normally does and just makes things then all these other people come on my world and start destroying everything it was very annoying ! so I turned the PS3 off. I don't mind people coming on my world all you have to do is build things it's not dam call of duty ! . I'm playing the game on hard and put my house on a island and nothing has tried to destroy it.

I was playing online about 5 minutes ago and a friend came to my world he normally does and just makes things then all these other people come on my world and start destroying everything it was very annoying ! so I turned the PS3 off. I don't mind people coming on my world all you have to do is build things it's not dam call of duty ! . I'm playing the game on hard and put my house on a island and nothing has tried to destroy it.
did your old world let the griefers in?

My City

untitled5_original.jpg

unitied_original.jpg

untitled8_original.jpg

untitled4_original.jpg

untitled1_original.jpg

I have been modifying my top of the map mob spawners. Rebuilt one block lower so that I could place torches on the roof to dissuade spiders from spawning there. You can't place torches on blocks at level 256, though you can stand there.

Even on Hard, spawn rate is not brilliant. Having not enchanted in a while, I hit Level 101 yesterday.

I have been modifying my top of the map mob spawners. Rebuilt one block lower so that I could place torches on the roof to dissuade spiders from spawning there. You can't place torches on blocks at level 256, though you can stand there.

Even on Hard, spawn rate is not brilliant. Having not enchanted in a while, I hit Level 101 yesterday.

Have you lit up every single cave in the surrounding area? I'm not sure how far away you have to go, but doing that significantly increases spawn rates.

A creeper came from nowhere at daytime and I didn't even get to see it and it blow up before I could do anything. I fixed everything thanks to auto save !

The area where the mobs drop to is at a height of about 230, well out of the range of the ground level mobs.

I must be mistaken then. I used to watch lots of technical minecraft videos a couple months ago, but not anymore. Things must've changed since then.

Due to mobs despawning if they are more than 128 blocks away, the effective spawning distance is within 128 blocks of your character.

I'm Building a new city and it will be bigger than the one in the photos I have posted and it will not be finished until December and it will be made out of sandstone when it's finished I'm going to show it to my friends.

On my word in hard vegetables keep going missing ?

Last edited:
So, that new Telltale Games Minecraft game looks like just another terrible 3D animation attempting to appear similar to minecraft. It's like those thumbnails from every annoying minecraft YouTuber now.

Back