Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Uh oh. Is someone hacking/raiding on the server? I haven't been on in a while so I don't know what's going on.

I just reinstalled Minecraft and I'm trying to get back into it. I might check out the server again at some point.

Edit: I took a peek. What's the scoop with the server? Is it a survival server for building and stuff? I looked around and all I found was a big island in the sky with stuff about UHC.

Last edited:
Yeah survival. The island is my house. There are some big structures scattered around that have good loot if you find them.

Some rather epic structures. ;)

I have a question about playing Minecraft online... ny nephew (who is 9) is seemingly obsessed with wanting to play Minecraft on the PC, having become virtually addicted to watching Minecraft channels on Youtube. He has played Minecraft on the Xbox, but thus far has only played in Creative mode to build random stuff either with me or with a friend who also plays Minecraft on a console. But since he has been watching these videos on Youtube, he is now continually talking about various 'mods' and stuff that you can only do in the PC version of the game, and (wait for it) he now wants to buy a PC with his savings. I have told my sister that I think he is too young for it, and that it is something that requires a bit of coding knowledge to use properly (although I appreciate that you can probably still play it without actually making any mods yourself). My main concerns, however, pertain to the online aspect and the fact that he'd essentially be jettisoning the console version (which we can play together) for an online game that he would either have to play alone or play with strangers who would almost certainly be much older. I doubt my sister would allow him to play on servers anyway, and hence would it be a colossal waste of money?

I have a question about playing Minecraft online... ny nephew

I understand the thought of the ambitious little fellow being over his head with his hobby.. but, he just might be on to something.

Microsoft is really pushing for players to be able to play together regardless of what platform they are playing on. As long as you have a Xbox live account you can play together on the Xbox edition, Windows 10, and even Pocket Edition. ( I believe nintendo Switch has been included, but not sure) So, really there is still potential for the two of you to still build together.

As for him owning his own computer, I think it will pay off even if he drops all interest in Minecraft the same day he brings his new machine home. As I've learned with my own kids, the majority of their school work requires a computer to complete. The little guy having his own machine will help out if there is already a line for the keyboard in the house.

Also.. a kid wants to learn computer programming, do you really want to poo poo his interest? Lol

I understand the thought of the ambitious little fellow being over his head with his hobby.. but, he just might be on to something.

Microsoft is really pushing for players to be able to play together regardless of what platform they are playing on. As long as you have a Xbox live account you can play together on the Xbox edition, Windows 10, and even Pocket Edition. ( I believe nintendo Switch has been included, but not sure) So, really there is still potential for the two of you to still build together.

As for him owning his own computer, I think it will pay off even if he drops all interest in Minecraft the same day he brings his new machine home. As I've learned with my own kids, the majority of their school work requires a computer to complete. The little guy having his own machine will help out if there is already a line for the keyboard in the house.
👍 Thanks for your reply - I didn't know there was cross compatibility between Xbox and Windows 10, so that might solve that issue,

Also.. a kid wants to learn computer programming, do you really want to poo poo his interest? Lol
Therein lies the rub - it would be great if he were interested in learning how to program, but I doubt he is at this stage... I reckon it is more about having (yet another) new game/toy to play at the moment... however, it could be turned to an advantage if the gameplay demands a certain level of programming, as it would be a cool way to get him into learning how to code.

Unfortunately I will no longer be able to upload anymore Minecraft Photos because I can no longer load my Minecraft world and now I have lost 3 years of work.
error CE-34878-0

Wow... this thread hasn't been updated in some time. Anyhow, While I haven't played Minecraft in a while, I am somewhat experimenting in regards to modeling. I have had Techne for the longest. Recently, though, I picked up MrCrayfish's modeling program. The use of cubes to produce the blocky kind of models is fairly fascinating. It has re-ignited my interest in trying to make models for Minecraft (and maybe a possible mod). Previously, I used the voxel program Magicavoxel primarily for prototyping models. With practice, I feel I could produce models and such for Minecraft.

You GTPlanet mates still Minecrafting?

Wow... this thread hasn't been updated in some time. Anyhow, While I haven't played Minecraft in a while, I am somewhat experimenting in regards to modeling. I have had Techne for the longest. Recently, though, I picked up MrCrayfish's modeling program. The use of cubes to produce the blocky kind of models is fairly fascinating. It has re-ignited my interest in trying to make models for Minecraft (and maybe a possible mod). Previously, I used the voxel program Magicavoxel primarily for prototyping models. With practice, I feel I could produce models and such for Minecraft.

You GTPlanet mates still Minecrafting?
I recently got back into it, but i play heavily modded survival. Right now i am playing A Bit Of Everything off the ATLauncher.

I do some city planning on Superflat worlds with WorldEdit, but when my gaming PC's hard drive died I stopped for a while; didn't have a backup of my saves.

I'm starting to get back into it. No shaders though. :(

Back