[Mod] Gran Turismo 2.1

Yep. I've swapped it in place of Super Speedway in the GT All Stars for example, because i added tire wear to the series and SS's pitlane entry is bugged for the AIs.
But that was all before menus were editable, so i might change a few more tracks here and there for added variety. Hopefully to have a good balance of as many tracks as possible.

As for a demo, i'd love to yeah, but i'd like to have at least a few more events than just the Sunday Cup to show off the AI's i've created before that.
Main problems comes from me doing everything a little bit at a time instead of focusing on one thing and moving on, but that's so that i don't get bored doing repetitive tasks x)

Ps: because of what i've been used to all my life, any eventual demo will be for the PAL version for now

We all know that GT2 does not know how to determine the class of the car, i.e. NSX can participate in the Wagon Cup. Is it possible to make a similar restriction for all cars, as for example with BMW with a ban on buying wheels? And yet, in Super Touring, the power limit is too high, the S4 easily wins. Is it possible to reduce the restriction?

We can only use existing restriction flags so it's impossible to force people to use the right type of cars fir every cup. That'll always be up to the players to decide.
As for the ST champ yeah, it's planned.

We all know that GT2 does not know how to determine the class of the car, i.e. NSX can participate in the Wagon Cup. Is it possible to make a similar restriction for all cars, as for example with BMW with a ban on buying wheels? And yet, in Super Touring, the power limit is too high, the S4 easily wins. Is it possible to reduce the restriction?
you dont have to use the power close to the max restricition. AI usually have 100 or even 200hp less.

We can only use existing restriction flags so it's impossible to force people to use the right type of cars fir every cup. That'll always be up to the players to decide.
As for the ST champ yeah, it's planned.
What horsepower limit were you planning for Super Touring? I was thinking 394 would be good.

@karelpipa They actually don't, but because they only have power added via a multiplier without stuff that would make them handle it well, it feels like that. GT2.1 will be much tougher in that regard i think. We'll see if i need to balance it out a little.

@Epic B about 330ps, as i'll be retuning all of the cars with supertouring Racing Mods to match their irl specs as much as possible when upgraded. Power will be down, but the competitivity will be way up thanks to proper upgrades.
As long as i don't make the game impossible, i'll make opponents that are truly tuned up to the power restrictions.

Thats great. Especially supertourers were leaning like hell in corners. It was easy to see how pd did the tuning in lazy way :D

I have a suggestion. The C4 below is the only one of the Corvettes that participated in Le Mans. And all C4 in the game have a similar body.
corvette-zr1_1-1.jpg

Hi, I work with blender to create models for a free to play war game, it was a while that I was waiting for the possibility of adding new vehicles to the GT2.

I would like to introduce a few cut cars from the main game, if you are interested we could work together.

The problem is that I can create the model and the texture, but I don’t work on animations.

Otherwise if you are not interested, would you be so kind to give me an explaination on how to introduce new car in the game?

I cannot touch on the driving capabilities of the ai besides giving upgraded cars actual parts rather than a power multiplier and some tires.
However, there will be many more opponents to choose from compared to the base game.
There will be at least one of every car that the generator doesn't exclude to race against. That means that a lot of the cars that were never raced in the original game will be there, albeit stock.

I've finally made an account on here after all these years just to say this is incredible!
I can't wait to see how it develops and obviously to lay it.
Keep up the great work!

- Monty
Welcome to GTP (formally at least), and I can't argue with that these GT2 mods are awesome as are the people giving their free time to them.

You should intriduce yourself in the new members thread even if you've been lurking for a while. The new members thread is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-—-come-say-hello.399873/page-7#post-13528225

This mod sounds honestly incredible, especially the removal of rubberbanding. Turning every race into more of an endurance is very appealing to me. I saw the creator's video showcasing the rubber banding modes on youtube and tried to replicate it in cheat engine on my end, no luck. It seems I can only find the values being written to by the flag, but they're being overwritten by the main flag itself. Anyone know how to go about replicating that?

It does if you keep the default AI opponent as they are, but i don't plan on keeping them default... ;p
Don't worry, it'll be plenty challenging when i'm done going through all entries
Sorry it can be wrong topic but for me it's kinda related.
I've seen your video where difference between two rubberbanding modes.

My question is how can I enable enduro mode for all races on simulation disc? Is there any gameshark code for it? I use ntsc 1.2 version.

Last edited:
Can't really use a cheat for that. The data is part of every race event and you need to have it disabled before loading it or it wn't have any effect iirc.
It would require either one giant cheat, or like 150 individual ones.

Well this is a bummer. I've found an other limit for GT2 modding, which is about the maximum amount of opponent entries the game can read before crashing. That number seems to be 1332 (being investigated currently) up from the 1200 or so in the vanilla game. This means i'll very likely have to cut a lot of cars for the event synth :C
Wait and see...

Last edited:
Well this is a bummer. I've found an other limit for GT2 modding, which is about the maximum amount of opponent entries the game can read before crashing. That number seems to be 1332 (being investigated currently) up from the 1200 or so in the vanilla game. This means i'll very likely have to cut a lot of cars for the event synth :C
Wait and see...
hey submaniac, any chance you'll turn race cars into their stock form for those who only have said version? i own a swift gti because of the cultus in gt2 and always wanted to see mine on a car game, a calibra would be cool as well

I haven't planned much regarding car inclusions so far. I know i want to improve the variety for cars that share the same RMs (Golf, Impreza, Skylines) whenever i can, but i don't know what i'll want to add down the line yet. Especially since space is limited. I'd love to include a Calibra, but then there are dozens of cars i'd love to include so we'll see

Last edited:
I haven't planned much regarding car inclusions so far. I know i want to improve the variety for cars that share the same RMs (Golf, Impreza, Skylines) whenever i can, but i don't know what i'll want to add down the line yet. Especially since space is limited. I'd love to include a Calibra, but then there are dozens of cars i'd love to include so we'll see
what you mean with "share the same rms"?

also how do hybrid cars work, like can you do just an engine swap? like putting the toms corolla engine inside an ae86 or is just a change of skin?

thank you

Basically every Impreza sedan (and wagon) has the same 2 rm designs, all 4 golf models have the exact identical 3 rms, 2 R32 Skylines use the Calsonic skin... things like that, that i consider actual waste of space. So i want to repurpose/rearrange them with new skins, new bodies, for variety.

Wgat we call hybrids happen by changing the list of parts on a car to use something it shouldn't be able to get without cheating. Such as swapping engines. That's different from actual modding however

Last edited:
Basically every Impreza sedan (and wagon) has the same 2 rm designs, all 4 golf models have the exact identical 3 rms, 2 R32 Skylines use the Calsonic skin... things like that, that i consider actual waste of space. So i want to repurpose/rearrange them with new skins, new bodies, for variety.

Wgat we call hybrids happen by changing the list of parts on a car to use something it shouldn't be able to get without cheating. Such as swapping engines. That's different from actual modding however
so you plan on adding cars that werent in the game at all? like i dont know, a mark 1 golf or something like that in exchange for a rm?

Latest Posts

Back