Modding and restoration discussion

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 702 comments
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
13ecd2d4c8.png

https://bit.ly/2H9Obq3

Last edited:
Hi!

Maybe you could do the Toyota GT-One '99 Road Version?
Yes, but I can't do it 100%. (same as suz_cultus..) I need more experience.

And if is possibile also all of the race cars will fantastic. @GETEDA have made a great work. Is possible to add new colors for race cars?
It is difficult, it requires a lot of patience and time painting pixel to pixel.
I do not know if it is possible to change the color, apparently not, i'm not sure.

EDIT:

Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 (ex-Exxon Superflo version)
422a38ffb7.png

https://bit.ly/2Rwi43o v2

Lancia Delta S4 (ex-Martini Racing)
3d22e06bd4.png

https://bit.ly/2S1CKph v2

Last edited:
Here is an update to my own modding progress.

The Lotus Europa's scrapped colors are restored.
GT2 Mod - Lotus Europa Dark Blue.png GT2 Mod - Lotus Europa Light Blue.png

Both the 1997 and 1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4s have the scraped, purple color option from the demos. The 1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S also has its scraped color options.
GT2 Mod - Mitsubishi Galant 1999 VR-4 Purple.png
GT2 Mod - Mitsubishi Legnum 1999 VR-4 Green.png

I've shown this on discord, but here it is again. An alternate color for the Opel Tigra RM carried over from the Vauxhall Tigra.
GT2 Mod - Opel Tigra RM Mod.png

I brought back the scraped colors for both the Peugeot 106 and 306 S16 hatchbacks.
GT2 Mod - Peugeot 306 S16 Yellow.pngGT2 Mod - Peugeot 106 S16 White.png

Subaru 360 with beta colors, but it's still a W.I.P. due to the rear end missing textures from the transition. I'll have to restore them at some point.
GT2 Mod - Subaru 360 Dark Blue.png GT2 Mod - Subaru 360 Dark Green.png

Lastly, the 1996 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI has its dark blue color back.
GT2 Mod - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Ver III.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention I finally gave the DB7 Volante its yellow color from the demos too.
GT2 Mod - Aston Martin DB7 Volante Yellow.png

To note: I don't really have any big intentions for GT2 other than just bringing back some scraped content myself. Primarily deleted colors at this point as I already ported over a good chunk of the beta tracks from the demos along with beta cars.

Last edited:
Hi!

Yes, but I can't do it 100%. (same as suz_cultus..) I need more experience.

It is difficult, it requires a lot of patience and time painting pixel to pixel.
I do not know if it is possible to change the color, apparently not, i'm not sure.

EDIT:

Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 (ex-Exxon Superflo version)
2f92bef792.png

Note: Beta progress. v1
https://bit.ly/2TyehUO

432b7b3cfc.png

https://bit.ly/2Vytuae
That Delta S4 Stradale... Looks fantastic

Hey RandomCarGuy17, thats awesome!
Thank you! I can say the same thing about your work. 👍
I especially like what you did with the Delta.

----
Note: I'll keep working, I just need to find out what other demo cars have colors not present in the final game. I'm narrowing things down slowly.

Update, I posted another mod showcase video. This includes some things I posted here, but some new stuff I didn't mention before.

432b7b3cfc.png

https://bit.ly/2Vytuae

Nice job! I've made this my self a few months back, but I just never released mine. I also did a decal delete to a NSX rm, and a few others. I'll try to post pics soon. After 6months out of the mod scene, it may be time to come back.

Well some of my mods:

My integrale stradale
Delta S4 stradale 01.PNG

My 1995 viper gts/r prototype
1995 VIPER GTS-R PROTOTYPE 3.PNG
Screenshot_2018-06-04-17-12-54.png
Screenshot_2018-06-04-17-13-05.png
Screenshot_2018-06-04-17-12-59.png

My neon 4door rm fix
NEON 4DOOR RM (TEXTURE) FIX.PNG
NEON 4DOOR RM (TEXTURE) FIX (2).PNG
NEON 4DOOR RM FIX.PNG
Screenshot_2018-05-23-05-38-27.png
Screenshot_2018-05-23-05-38-07.png
Screenshot_2018-05-23-05-38-11.png
Screenshot_2018-05-23-05-38-01.png

And for some fun the slk rm bumper on the base car:
gmsln-slk320 01.PNG

Plus much more.....

Last edited:
Nice mods, stunning VIPER, 2\3 of my mods are lod3 only, thats not fully perfect but its ok if you only watch your car on replays.
Im grateful for the creators of the tools to achieve this. :)

Now I want to fix the color error in the Exhaust of the evo 99 wrc. thats easy.

I've done my own form of modding with a Neon, but with the R/T. I added 2 colors that it had in real life, but PD never included in the game for some reason.
GT2 Mod - Dodge Neon RT Black w White Stripes.png GT2 Mod - Dodge Neon RT White w Blue Stripes.png

I went back and updated the Viper GTS-R RM, now sporting a white w/ blue stripes color like the GTS-R in Gran Turismo 1. I also added back the red color option.
GT2 Mod - Dodge Viper GTS RM White.png

I made a small update to my S2000 GT1, fixing the spoilers on the special colors. They all now match the regular colors.
GT2 Mod - Honda S2000 GT1 Yellow.png

Silver color from the demos is here, just in-case you didn't notice it before. However, I also fixed the texture issue with the taillights.
GT2 Mod - Jaguar XJR15 Silver.png

Been a while since I made anything, but I did this last night heh.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 1990 edit

Turned the 1995 ZR-1 into the 1990 pre-facelift that we know from GT4 onwards.

Changes from the base car are:
- Retextured front bumper lights
- Added the black line around the car
- Black glass targa top

Get the files here

Here is a few more of my recent mod pics.....

My beetle RSi road car. (Yes I know the spoiler isn't correct.....submaniac93, can you help with the spoiler?)

Screenshot_2018-06-15-01-02-04.png
Screenshot_2018-06-15-01-02-10.png

And my Ford Focus RS road car...(currently based of the 1.8 3door with modified and custom rally parts, to make a Focus rs, which should have been in game.....[or even attempt to use the usdm focus svt])

Screenshot_2018-06-13-23-40-24.png
Screenshot_2018-06-13-23-40-29.png
Screenshot_2018-06-13-23-40-15.png

The focus isn't quite finished, still got to make tweaks to the front bumper, add the rs badges. Also working on an usdm acura integral type r fix.

Last edited:
Sorry man, I can't do miracles. The spoiler's lower part (the trunk lid) is part of the car's body so I can't make the mounts. You would have a better time with making the RSI on the Beetle RM if only to ave that spoiler mount.
As for the Focus RS, irl the RS was facelift 2002 model, so there's no way it would've been in the game at launch. Still, looking good so far. Keep it up

Sorry man, I can't do miracles. The spoiler's lower part (the trunk lid) is part of the car's body so I can't make the mounts. You would have a better time with making the RSI on the Beetle RM if only to ave that spoiler mount.
As for the Focus RS, irl the RS was facelift 2002 model, so there's no way it would've been in the game at launch. Still, looking good so far. Keep it up

I had a feeling with the beetle. Do you think a rsi road car is possible out of the rm?

And yeah I know about the focus rs is from 2002, but that was my favorite focus of all.

And what would the 98 Silvia s14 rm need to make the lm version?

You would need to edit the Kouki S14's RM to make a Silvia LM edition, but that would require some messing around with the fenders. In which, I don't know how to properly texture edit, so I won't do that.

I don't know if it would look right, but I think it's possible with that model. It needs quite a bit of mesh editing, and along with that probably UV editing, but the spoiler is perfect for making the RSI.

As for the Silvia, it needs an new body altogether, or a straight port from GT1 once pez figures out the shadow, normals and reflection mapping and how they work. The S14 RM model lacks the vertices required to make the widebody of he LM so yeah.

I don't know if it would look right, but I think it's possible with that model. It needs quite a bit of mesh editing, and along with that probably UV editing, but the spoiler is perfect for making the RSI.

As for the Silvia, it needs an new body altogether, or a straight port from GT1 once pez figures out the shadow, normals and reflection mapping and how they work. The S14 RM model lacks the vertices required to make the widebody of he LM so yeah.

If I did the texture of the rsi, could you do the mesh?

And OK to the s14, damn, so it would look jagged and edged then?

EDIT:

The UV mapping on the Silvia RM is totally different to the LM Edition too - it'd take a ton of work.

Could play jigsaw puzzle, to match the rm, lol. That's what I had to do with a few of my mods to get right, example the focus rs has rally car bumpers on the standard body..... And same case with making the neon 4Dr rm, used sedan parts on the coupe rm that was another jigsaw....as some of the body parts was different sizes and locations, look at the side windows......

Last edited:
And my Ford Focus RS road car...(currently based of the 1.8 3door with modified and custom rally parts, to make a Focus rs, which should have been in game.....[or even attempt to use the usdm focus svt])
It looks fantastic so far, I think this might be one of the first mods where someone placed a car made after GT2's release.

A few weeks ago I tried to do the RUF CTR 2017, but I failed at some point.
That's not difficult, the car does not show big changes.

My reasoning for the Focus RS is because that focus model already existed, so I thought it would be ok.

@GETEDA will you complete your decal delete road test cars? IIRC you said you only did the HOD?

@GETEDA will you complete your decal delete road test cars? IIRC you said you only did the HOD?
-No, I cant remove some decals. (Example: but you can, you remove the "LANCIA RACING" decal in your Lancia Delta S4)
-Yes, High LOD only. (The Focus wrc 99 "sunroof removed" no)

-No, I cant remove some decals. (Example: but you can, you remove the "LANCIA RACING" decal in your Lancia Delta S4)
-Yes, High LOD only. (The Focus wrc 99 "sunroof removed" no)

Why not? When I mod the texture, it displays the whole texture map and not just levels of details. Would you get mad if someone finished out your work?

Back