Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Chosen One
  • 1,982 comments
  • 265,174 views
Did you try downloading and installing the updates one by one?
That's my next step before going to try and buy my buds old PS4.
I wonder if I can update the game before installing it?
 
Is there anyway of removing the pits altogether or squash it down so we can atleast get out the pits on this figure of 8 track ?
 
Is there anyway of removing the pits altogether or squash it down so we can atleast get out the pits on this figure of 8 track ?

There might be, but I don't want to experiment with it because it's so easy to corrupt the file, and that makes the PS3 freeze. Had to restart half a dozen times with this track already :P
 
There might be, but I don't want to experiment with it because it's so easy to corrupt the file, and that makes the PS3 freeze. Had to restart half a dozen times with this track already :P
This design might need to be abandoned inplace of a new 1 where there S/F doesn't get altered. As for the gravity bug... I've never witnessed that before.
 
Perhaps with the PS4 you could have much more stable tests.
 
Perhaps with the PS4 you could have much more stable tests.

No, it's not about the hardware. It's about passing data that the software did not expect. That will make any software on any hardware crash.
 
Yes, that's the main reason, i'm just referring the statement that PD said how complex the PS3 software is.
 
@eran0004 just want to say thank you for time & effort you put into that 8 track, it's a shame it didn't work out as well as we'd expected (no fault of your own) I really thought the AI would do the jump & not slow down, & as for the online physics... I guess now we now why online feels different to offline. Anyways massive respect to you fella, much appreciated :)
 
Yes, that's the main reason, i'm just referring the statement that PD said how complex the PS3 software is.

It has nothing to do with the PS3. It's more about this:

Imagine you're a computer.

1. I give you a list of dogs and a list of cats.
2. I ask you if the lists have the same number of items. You reply "yes" if that's the case, or "no" if it's not the case. So far so good.
3. Now I ask you how those lists compare to a list of zebras. So you count the items in the dogs list and the cats list, but when you're looking for the zebras list you can't find it anywhere, because I never gave it to you.
 
But where are the Zebras?!?!
Joke aside i get your point, it cannot handle something that was never meant to do.
 
Running the 1st figure of 8 track (the 1 with the shorter jump) online atm, what great fun.
you need to do 170mph+ to make the jump :)
 
Running the 1st figure of 8 track (the 1 with the shorter jump) online atm, what great fun.
you need to do 170mph+ to make the jump :)
I use your 2nd figure 8 track modded by eran by using this crazy fast BULL vs professional AI for 2 laps. You must land safety after the jump or lose the race ! :lol:
IMG_20160625_074146.jpg
 
Running the 1st figure of 8 track (the 1 with the shorter jump) online atm, what great fun.
you need to do 170mph+ to make the jump :)

What's the lobby number? :)
 
Room open.
1472-4711-0167-3386-7536
170mph JUMP stay in pit @ start

Why do you think we have that invisible ceiling in an online lobby but not in arcade or free run ?
 
Last edited:
So sad that my PS3 is dead... and with the upcoming GTS i don't know what
to get: another PS3 with these awesome modified tracks or GTS...
 
Just having a smoke I'll redo another lobby if anyone's interested.

@steve nfs does the AI in the redbull slow down for the jump or do they go for it ?
Unfortunately they slow down and do a little hop to chase you but not far away.
 
Can anyone make a online club :) Will be a very interesting one.
 
So sad that my PS3 is dead... and with the upcoming GTS i don't know what
to get: another PS3 with these awesome modified tracks or GTS...

Maybe you can get a used PS3? I guess they're pretty cheap.
 
I want to play and create tracks with this tool so badly!!!
eran0004 your work is inspiring!

Maybe you can get a used PS3? I guess they're pretty cheap.
I could, but i'm trying to save money. So i ordered myself to get one of two.
So there's that. Maybe i should get a PS3?
 
Can someone video record a replay of the track, pretty please?
 
Can someone video record a replay of the track, pretty please?
I can record it later when I get home from work, however it'll only be phone quality though.

@eran0004 how do you feel about adjusting the track a little more ?
Im thinking dropping the landing side by 20-30%. You would have to check it online though due to the invisible ceiling to make sure cars can make it.
 
Last edited:
Maybe make the below road (valley) narrower so that the AI cars will try to fly over it. :lol:
 
I can record it later when I get home from work, however it'll only be phone quality though.

@eran0004 how do you feel about adjusting the track a little more ?
Im thinking dropping the landing side by 20-30%. You would have to check it online though due to the invisible ceiling to make sure cars can make it.

Phone quality is good enough!
 
@steve nfs we were using the old spec 8 track online yesterday due to the weird gravity bug that effects the car's making the jump in the new spec 8 track (online only) however it's not AI friendly :)

I spoke to @Razerman in regards to working some trickery on the pit lane bug (as he has experience in that field), just waiting for a reply from the main man :)

I really need to get my PC working again so I can contribute more :( working off a phone is no help whatsoever.
 
I can record it later when I get home from work, however it'll only be phone quality though.

@eran0004 how do you feel about adjusting the track a little more ?
Im thinking dropping the landing side by 20-30%. You would have to check it online though due to the invisible ceiling to make sure cars can make it.

I actually added a new interpolation mode to the editor just to make it easier to build jumps like this :D

I'm thinking that both sides should be lower, so that the jump is just barely above the other road. And then a steeper angle as well, so the cars get more air. Having the jump closer to the ground hopefully means that the cars won't hit the ceiling.
 
I actually added a new interpolation mode to the editor just to make it easier to build jumps like this :D

I'm thinking that both sides should be lower, so that the jump is just barely above the other road. And then a steeper angle as well, so the cars get more air. Having the jump closer to the ground hopefully means that the cars won't hit the ceiling.

But if the ramp is to low, you would hit the cars passing by on the road below.
I think @Mr Grumpy said it good, 20-30% percent lower at the landing ramp.

Also, your tool, can it be used by me or others?
 
But if the ramp is to low, you would hit the cars passing by on the road below.
I think @Mr Grumpy said it good, 20-30% percent lower at the landing ramp.

Also, your tool, can it be used by me or others?

Not if you jump over them :D You just need 2-3 meters of air, I don't think there's any car that is that tall in the game? I want to keep both sides of the jump symmetrical, so that it's possible to jump in both directions.

The tool can be used by anyone with a Windows PC (it might work on other OS as well, but I haven't tested that) and Python 3. But we're waiting for the moderators to approve of the extraction tool, as it in the current form allows anyone to copy the tracks of someone else and upload it as their own.
 
Back