Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

After doing a bit more practise at Rouen and finding it hard to complete more than a few laps without going off track I have decided to leave damage off for this round - it will also be off for the following round because this car is very challenging (and enjoyable) at Historic Spa as well.

Thinking about safer starting I´d like to say that it would be best to do standing start under yellow flag conditions until first sector time. This would solve any problems. Overtaking after start would be punished after the race but no speed limit and the race starts at first sector timetaking. If someone gets off the track with all four wheels during first sector, he has to let pass all others and then continue his race.

What do you think? Maybe we could test this sometime.

Thinking about safer starting I´d like to say that it would be best to do standing start under yellow flag conditions until first sector time. This would solve any problems. Overtaking after start would be punished after the race but no speed limit and the race starts at first sector timetaking. If someone gets off the track with all four wheels during first sector, he has to let pass all others and then continue his race.

What do you think? Maybe we could test this sometime.

This might work. I am not sure where the first sector runs to, but I think we should try no overtaking until after the hairpin - pole man sets the pace. After that overtaking is allowed anywhere except at the hairpin.

Lap 1 - No overtaking until after passing the hairpin - pole man sets the pace (no speed limit). Standing start.

Lap 2 and above - No overtaking at the hairpin or on the approach to the hairpin.

Good luck and here's hoping for a good clean race (and that I don't come off the track too many times!).

Last edited:
This might work. I am not sure where the first sector runs to, but I think we should try no overtaking until after the hairpin - pole man sets the pace. After that overtaking is allowed anywhere except at the hairpin.

Lap 1 - No overtaking until after passing the hairpin - pole man sets the pace (no speed limit). Rolling start.

Lap 2 and above - No overtaking at the hairpin or on the approach to the hairpin.

Good luck and here's hoping for a good clean race (and that I don't come off the track too many times!).

We're running manual roling starts?

Ow yeah if we're running ai rolling starts I'm not joining.

Manual formation lap or standing all else will be a mess due to ai.

Edit I see now we start yellow flag...

Why are we not using manual formationlap?

Last edited:

Me too would like to see standing start - but lets see it as a test, maybe we run without ai?
I saw some stupid penalties during the manual formationlap from ai mostly, but also caused by humans, so I´d prefer not to start with manual formationlap.
I thought of the first sektor mostly for very long tracks such as Spa or The Ring, inspite of the whole first lap under Y

Sorry for not joining last Wednesday in the Porsche race, but I'll sign up for this too. Though, I can't promise to be here every week, but I'll try. I'll be around for today's race which in about 1 hour and 20 mins?

I've edited the above to standing start. This is a very narrow track so we will try no racing until after the hairpin bend on lap one (this is too long a track on which to do a complete formation lap).

There will be no AI in this race - we will not race with AI until they have been improved by SMS - even if the number of racers is low.

There will be no overtaking at the Hairpin or in the braking zone for the Hairpin - this is because you need the whole width of the track to make the turn and any overtake at that point will result in a collision.

Didn't know that the "exit" option made you leave the lobby instead of just taking you back to the menu before the race. Anyway, I tried to rejoin but the loading times were too long and the game was a little buggy, which made me not able to rejoin for some reason. By the time it worked the race already started. Oh well.

The track really, lovely, with the autumn leaves. Good race, this car, needs lots of practice, too feel right.
I was going quite well, then had a couple of big bumps, car was damaged. So hope I didn't get in anyone's way, pulled over at the hairpin, too let people past, only read above now.

you were not the only one who didn´t read sick´s post before, john. rich overtook me at the start, think he didn´t read post as well. But he made a mistake at the beginning of the straight so I could regain the place.
We will see if this starting proceedure can be continueed.

cheers :cheers:

Whats your Al set too Sick, been trying some races in the Merc leaving at the back. So just been doing solo laps and time trails.:)

Sick when I was at looking career, I found some historic invitational events, have too unlock them. Looks better than the old game, how its laid out.

Last edited:
MPEAA9P4NZKAAAMMD_.jpeg MPEAAEO4NZKAAAMMD_.jpeg MPEAAPP4NZKAAAMMD_.jpeg MP62XAQW5DNAAAUWE_.jpeg MP62XCT6CMOAAAUWE_.jpeg MP62XH46CMOAAAUWE_.jpeg MP62XK1W5DNAAAUWE_.jpeg MP62XKD7CMOAAAUWE_.jpeg MP62X-Z6CMOAAAUWE_.jpeg Project CARS 2_20171009205542.jpg Project CARS 2_20171009212935.jpg Project CARS 2_20171009213026.jpg

Classic Corner

This week information about some of the possible cars in the Project Cars (DLC) Ferrari Pack was leaked and published on GT Planet. The model which caught my eye being the 1957 250 TR (Testa Rossa - meaning red head - named after the red cam covers). I was lucky enough to get close to this car and snap a few pictures during the London Classic Car Show held early in 2017. This car would be a great addition to the game and a worthy competitor to the Aston Martin DBR1/300 which won Le Mans in 1959.

Ferrari 250 TR.jpg

I found this excellent video made by the Mercedes-Benz Museum which explains a little of the history of the W194 300 SL. This incredible car won the Carrera Panamericana, the Le Mans 24 hour race and came second in the Mille Miglia, all in 1952, as well as scoring numerous race victories in less famous events. All the liveries offered in Project Cars 2 are the actual ones used in the races which the car entered in 1952.

Below a short extract from a fantastic film made by Shell of the 1952 Mille Miglia - it includes some great shots of Karl Kling's 300 SL which came 2nd - beaten only by a one off Ferrari Coupe which used a 3 litre V12 with 280bhp, some 110 more than the Mercedes. The extra power gave the Ferrari superior acceleration which helped on the one thousand mile course with its many slow corners and steep gradients, but the more aerodynamic Mercedes had the edge in outright top speed. In 1955 Mercedes-Benz returned with the much more powerful eight cylinder 300 SLR which triumphed with a record time in the capable hands of Stirling Moss aided by the superb navigating of Co-Driver Denis Jenkinson who worked from an 18 foot (5.5m) roll of paper pace notes!

Round 3 Preview - Bannochbrae (Scotland)

This beautiful road circuit set in picturesque Scotland has become one of my favourites and is ideally suited to the Mercedes 300 SL (GTD), Aston Martin DBR1 (GTC) and the classic cars in categories GTB and GTA. If you want more variety with your solo race practise try multi-class GTD and GTC. If you set the AI slightly lower than your limit and start last (20th) you will work your way through half a field of Mercs before starting to battle with the Aston Martins - they have an edge on top speed, but you should have the edge in the twisty sections and a thoroughly entertaining practise race is guaranteed. Round 3 should be a good one - I can't wait!

Round 3 of 1950 Career Bannochbrae.jpg

Amazing pace by the podium guys and a massive welcome back to podium man @jefaais (Note - Mr Tree has retired from the series so I have put you into his livery).

I really enjoy this car and track combination and as a result had turned a lot of laps over the previous week. I had a lot of enjoyable practise races generally running in the 3.08 to 3.10 range. I qualified poorly and it took at least 20 minutes of the race before I started to find my rhythm. I was amazed with the pace of the other guys in qualifying and the race - I thought 3 minutes was about the limit for this car and track combination - 2.53 was a stunning time by U4IK_ST8.

Next round will be very exciting at the fast and dangerous Historic Spa - we have a few spaces - you could be on the grid !!!

I'd been away all weekend, hadn't been round track since Thursday. Still need a hour or so, but really good track. Accidentally found this, set 2 random weather slots, race 15, 6 cars. The rain starts to come down, blowing a long by the wind, then starts too clear up. Track is still wet though car hard to drive.

Race was quite good, even though just drive around, only had a couple crashes.

Why MrTree retired was good racer Sick?

Classic Corner

This week the Jaguar C type - a car which was a period rival for the Mercedes W194 300 SL - the C Type won Le Mans in 1951 and 1953, the Mercedes taking the spoils in 1952. It is highly likely that Jaguar would have taken the victory in 1952, but new aerodynamic bodywork had been fitted which made the cars unstable at speed and an inadequately sized radiator inlet caused overheating. The cars switched back to their former bodywork and were thoroughly tested before their next attempt at Le Mans in 1953. The day before the race the winning drivers Duncan Hamilton and Tony Rolt were disqualified for a technical infringement relating to their car - they therefore went out to drown their sorrows and got very drunk. They were reinstated, but it took many hours before Hamilton could be woken and his hangover was so bad that during the race he had to be topped up with brandy during each pit stop. Much to their surprise they went on to win! This story and many others are told in Duncan Hamilton's brilliant autobiography titled "Touch Wood" - very highly recommended!

Jaguar C Type Replicas.jpg

53 of these magnificent cars were built using modified Jaguar XK120 mechanicals clothed in a Malcolm Sayer designed body. Today they are popular cars to replicate as there are plenty of parts available from old Jaguars which are uneconomic to repair. Above a couple of replicas spotted at a car show in 2017. Below - the real thing! - I was able to get close to a couple of genuine C Types at the London Classic Car Show including an amazing, original unrestored example.

Jaguar C Type London.jpg

The following video tells the story of the 1953 Le Mans race and is a remarkable colour record of the cars and drivers which competed.

Round 4 Preview - Spa Historic

It's a very tricky circuit in the Mercedes and you will be able to get up to maximum speed (144mph), but caution will be required to avoid spinning out or losing control. Damage will be set to visual only because it is a long lap and I don't want anyone to have their race ruined by a crash.

Note - I have changed the rules - reset to track can now be used as a last resort - i.e. if your car is on its side or roof or otherwise unable to move. As before rest to track must not be used to rejoin the circuit - after spinning off please rejoin the circuit taking care not to impede any other drivers.

Note - we have a few spaces for clean, enthusiastic drivers - speed is not important - online novice's or old hands are equally welcome!

Classic Corner

This week the Jaguar C type - a car which was a period rival for the Mercedes W194 300 SL - the C Type won Le Mans in 1951 and 1953, the Mercedes taking the spoils in 1952. It is highly likely that Jaguar would have taken the victory in 1952, but new aerodynamic bodywork had been fitted which made the cars unstable at speed and an inadequately sized radiator inlet caused overheating. The cars switched back to their former bodywork and were thoroughly tested before their next attempt at Le Mans in 1953. The day before the race the winning drivers Duncan Hamilton and Tony Rolt were disqualified for a technical infringement relating to their car - they therefore went out to drown their sorrows and got very drunk. They were reinstated, but it took many hours before Hamilton could be woken and his hangover was so bad that during the race he had to be topped up with brandy during each pit stop. Much to their surprise they went on to win! This story and many others are told in Duncan Hamilton's brilliant autobiography titled "Touch Wood" - very highly recommended!

View attachment 681992

53 of these magnificent cars were built using modified Jaguar XK120 mechanicals clothed in a Malcolm Sayer designed body. Today they are popular cars to replicate as there are plenty of parts available from old Jaguars which are uneconomic to repair. Above a couple of replicas spotted at a car show in 2017. Below - the real thing! - I was able to get close to a couple of genuine C Types at the London Classic Car Show including an amazing, original unrestored example.

View attachment 681993

The following video tells the story of the 1953 Le Mans race and is a remarkable colour record of the cars and drivers which competed.

Round 4 Preview - Spa Historic

It's a very tricky circuit in the Mercedes and you will be able to get up to maximum speed (144mph), but caution will be required to avoid spinning out or losing control. Damage will be set to visual only because it is a long lap and I don't want anyone to have their race ruined by a crash.

Note - I have changed the rules - reset to track can now be used as a last resort - i.e. if your car is on its side or roof or otherwise unable to move. As before rest to track must not be used to rejoin the circuit - after spinning off please rejoin the circuit taking care not to impede any other drivers.

Note - we have a few spaces for clean, enthusiastic drivers - speed is not important - online novice's or old hands are equally welcome!

So, I've had my Duncan Hamilton situation in one of our past races, but I won't tell you which haha ;) , just that much: I know Pimiki had a drunk/hungover race aswell, but he didn't win it, he performed pretty far under his usual fast pace, he must have been really wasted. Oh and of course it wasn't recently, in PC2 I drive as if I was drunk already, without being so.

I'm not going to race tonight, the game and I don't get along so I guess I'm gonna get out, get drunk and sleep on the couch! :lol:

:cheers: :cheers: :boggled: :drool: :scared:

I think the older cars are actually a lot more fun to drive than the more popular new ones which we race on a Wednesday!
I was indeed looking forward to participating tonight in the old Merc, however I will have to withdraw from the race since I just can not control the car. I've been spending the last fifty minutes trying out several different settings but it's just like I'm back in Project CARS 1 again unfortunately, and as you may know lots of people couldn't drive certain cars on the pad.

The slightest touch makes the Merc do a 90 or 180 degree spin, it's not even like it's extreme oversteer, it's like I'm on ice and the car just spins around. I would only ruin other peoples races if I take part.

The Porsche in the Wednesday series handles okay for me and that is with default settings, this Merc however does not. I just can't make it work. It's a shame, I would have liked to have raced as I said.

The car quite tricky too drive Jock, even for wheel users, takes a bit off time to master.

Good race, was trying to keep up with Sick, but he edged away, into the distance. This track needs total concentration, what gear where was everyone going through, the banked turn and Burnenville?

I did quite a lot of sole practice, ended in ditches at side off road, in practice room what Al settings where you using Rich, I able to get by quite well.

Not sure john was half setup in favourites..
Nearly a good race , being on the edge of friction is why the old drivers had massive balls...
Got a wobble on a couple of times and crashed a couple, one scrapping down the barrier which throw me out in front of jammy (sorry) was catching you till the extra obstacle top of en rouge..

Back