Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

That was kind of funny incident. Car has lot of that wobbles...I got my share of it. Once I got stuck in grass and have to use "Reset car to track"-button (after I pushed it and on the track I noticed that my gear was neutral and that why I couldn't get moving - sorry if that was cheating :ouch: )
Got a wobble on a couple of times and crashed a couple, one scrapping down the barrier which throw me out in front of jammy (sorry) was catching you till the extra obstacle top of en rouge..

The car quite tricky too drive Jock, even for wheel users, takes a bit off time to master.
Got a wobble on a couple of times and crashed a couple, one scrapping down the barrier which throw me out in front of jammy
Car has lot of that wobbles...I got my share of it. Once I got stuck in grass and have to use "Reset car to track"-button (after I pushed it and on the track I noticed that my gear was neutral and that why I couldn't get moving
Sounds like I wasn't the only one having trouble with the Merc then.
Maybe I should have given it a go anyway, but my troubles controlling it felt ten times worse than what you are all describing. I would probably have needed 60 minutes to complete the 30 minute race. :sly:

Sounds like I wasn't the only one having trouble with the Merc then.
Maybe I should have given it a go anyway, but my troubles controlling it felt ten times worse than what you are all describing. I would probably have needed 60 minutes to complete the 30 minute race. :sly:

Do you use a wheel or a hand controller Jocke?

I use a wheel and find it one of the most enjoyable cars to drive in the whole game! In Project Cars 1 it was dead and lifeless and felt like it was on rails and without the power to pull a skin off a rice pudding. In Project Cars 2 they have altered the gear ratios and got rid of the massive gap between 3rd and 4th and improved the sound. They have also transformed the handling and grip level so it feels the way I imagine an early 1950's car should.

Unfortunately I started qualifying and found I had no force feedback and it was completely impossible to drive even in a straight line! Eventually I tried unplugging the wheel and was thankful that it recalibrated and the FFB returned. I really enjoyed the race even though I was much slower than the front running guys.

Rather worried about the low turnout this week - some great historic series planned for 2017, but concerned that we haven't got the numbers - perhaps things will improve when the novelty wears off on GTS and people realise that it doesn't have much content?

Found this:)

Superb John - thank you for posting! I had seen that film before, but it was great to watch it again. Early on it refers to a Mercedes Training car being tried by Moss and Fangio - they had such a large budget that they had experimental cars with for example different length wheelbase to try.

MPOHD0XBJF4AAARWE_.jpeg Thanks Sick I didn't know that about the cars.

MPOHDOOAJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHDV--IF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHDGTAJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHDW0AJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHDZ8AJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHD2CBJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHDCEBJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHDJLBJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHD1GCJF4AAARWE_.jpeg MPOHD4_BJF4AAARWE_.jpeg

Last edited:
Classic Corner

This week the D Type Jaguar - probably the most successful Le Mans racer of all time with three overall wins - 1955, '56 and '57 and a competition life which spanned 1954 to 1960. By 1957 Jaguar had withdrawn from racing and therefore no longer fielded a factory team, but in 1957 D Types came home 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th at Le Mans - if this car isn't included in the Project Cars 2 Le Mans Legends DLC then SMS need to employ new advisers!

The car used C Type mechanicals, but was much more advanced featuring a central monocoque in place of the C Types spaceframe. The designer, Malcolm Sayer inherited his fathers gifts for maths and art (Father was head of art and maths at a school). Malcolm created new ways of applying maths to compound curves which are still used by designers today and had an advanced knowledge of aerodynamics from his early career in the aircraft industry. He used his knowledge to create a car that was faster than others of similar power. 71 D types were built including 18 factory team cars. An unsold stock of a further 25 obsolete D Types were converted into the road going XKSS, but a factory fire destroyed 9. Famous drivers of the XKSS included Stirling Moss and Steve McQueen.

Below spotted in the scrutineering bay at Brands Hatch during the FIA Masters Historic Festival - this car was competing in the Stena Line Gentleman Drivers Race.

Jaguar D Type.jpg
Jaguar D Type Short Nose BRG.jpg

Below onboard a D Type at Le Mans with F1 World Champion Mike Hawthorn:

Round 5 Preview - Ruapuna Park Club

A great little circuit with a tricky decreasing radius corner at the end of the main straight and a corner which opens up and which can give a lot of extra speed onto the straight if perfectly judged.

Spaces Available for new drivers - just send a friend request to Sick_Cylinder2

Time Change !!!

Note to all racers - the UK changed its time from BST (Summer) to GMT (Winter) - if you are not in the UK please check GMT against your local time before the race. Invitations will be sent out at 20:30 GMT.

@JockeP22 - try the car at Ruapuna Park Club - great track and car combination and should be easier to control at this track! @Napalm_LT - there is a definite space for you in this series. Last round with the Merc 300 SL before we change cars.

Classic Corner

While scouring the Paddock at Brands Hatch during the Masters Historic Festival I came across this stunning 1959 Lister Costin which went on to dominate its race on Sunday. The car was built by Brian Lister with an aerodynamic body designed by Frank Costin of Vanwall fame. In the US these cars were often fitted with Chevrolet Corvette engines, while in the UK a D Type spec Jaguar engine was normally specified. The 1958 Lister Knobbly is probably more famous and desirable (probably due to its association with Stirling Moss and its domination of SCCA racing in 1958 and 1959), but to my eyes the Costin bodied cars are more attractive. Next week - the Lister Knobbly. Lister Definitely a Marque worth adding to Project Cars 2 for the Lister Storm, Lister Costin and Lister Knobbly - the Company is still making cars for Historic Racing.

Lister Costin 1959.jpg

Below Chris Ward driving the Lister Costin to victory at Donington Park - note his smooth driving and how he laps a Cooper Bobtail and then a Lister Knobbly!

Round 6 Preview - Sonoma Raceway Short - Note Car Change!

Note for rounds 6, 7 and 8 we use the Agajanian Watson Roadster. We don't have a front engined F1 or F2 car in the game sadly so this one is on substitute duty. Enjoy Part 1 of Raymond Baxter's 1958 F1 season review - I haven't been able to find part 2, but if anyone else can find it please send me the link. In 1958 the sport was still dominated by front engined cars, but in this film we see the Cooper score a couple of victories.

Spaces available for clean drivers - novice or experienced - Friend Request: Sick_Cylinder2

Good race, but made to many mistakes in the first lap:ouch: This car needs a slow, steady approach, I think. Sorry about bump at hairpin, near start, who ever it was. Track a little dusty maybe as well.

Back