Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

MPLPQ3FF1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQCUF1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQ9OF1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQ6PG1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQB2F1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQ3XF1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQG7F1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQSCG1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQZ0G1MIAAASWE_.jpeg MPLPQ62G1MIAAASWE_.jpeg

good race lastnight. @AndreasR and @richroo you guys have amazing consistency and concentration. After the race I watched the replay to see the battle between you, great stuff until your unlucky snap oversteer moment Rich!
I was holding simba up till that point ,he know i would make a mistake and held back (no silly overtake) nice drive sir..

Classic Corner

Lister Knobbly 1.jpg

Above - a national treasure - the Lister Jaguar dominated sports car racing especially in "Knobbly" form taking back to back SCCA titles in the USA in 1958 and 1959.

Below another national treasure - Archie Scott Brown - synonymous with Lister - he won the 1957 Empire Trophy and overcame the disability of being born with one hand to become a top UK driver. Tragically he was killed in a racing accident at Spa in 1958 - today a race is held in his honour at Goodwood each year.

Lister Knobbly 2.jpg

Below Scott Brown Trophy highlights:

Round 7 Preview - Willow Springs

With its fast flowing corners there should be plenty of opportunities to get the Watson Roadster up to speed and get that big, 4.2 litre Offenhauser four cylinder on cam and up to max revs - should be a good one!

Spaces - we have spaces for clean drivers - novice or experienced - Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2

Hi guys,

I’ll join tonight as an exception.

I would appreciate if you invite me to the previous practice and obviously the race.

Also, I don’t mind if my points are not taken into account as this is a one-off and I don’t want to take potential points away from others that are running the championship!

See you on the track!

Hi guys,

I’ll join tonight as an exception.

I would appreciate if you invite me to the previous practice and obviously the race.

Also, I don’t mind if my points are not taken into account as this is a one-off and I don’t want to take potential points away from others that are running the championship!

See you on the track!

Don't worry about the points - you are welcome to join in any time you are free!

Hate this game, had random Start button issue and hudge crash ant left on the roof :(.

@John Wells dond do 30 min race in the pre race loby. We must move to official room and I have lost another 43 points

Quiet often I have this issue with UP arrow button. I use it to increase brake bias so it is nothing bad, but this one was mortal :). Not Start but PS button and I was forced to PS4 menu.

It was funny race anyway

I usually get the ‘up’ arrow and sometimes the damn share button...

Anyway. What a car! Loved it. Took me a few laps to get ahold of it and start to put lap times closer to @AndreasR. Once you become one with the car is just awesome.

Thanks to @Sick Cylinder for organising these races and let us discover these amazing hidden gems.

Edit: I was lucky enough to watch this ‘52 Ferrari 375 Indianapolis live and I must admit that the sound in game is spot on with the cars of this era. Also, the driving feels as you imagined it to be from the videos of the time. Amazing.
694912B2-7DBC-481A-8888-02C856E4F6F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Good race everyone, though track can be dusty off the racing line. Bad luck Napalm, you were doing really well, at one point. I don't know about the points, your going on about.
Car felt really quite fast here, there wasn't much in the fastest laps.

Race Report - Round 7 from Willow Springs

I paid the price of not practising before the race with a messy qualification session managing only three clean (slow) laps out of eleven. When testing tracks for this series I got into a nice rhythm at Willow and was turning regular 1 minute 26 second laps, but during round 6 it took me a long time to get comfortable with the car and I was a couple of seconds adrift, however when it clicks this car does feel great.

The car feels particularly good at our next track - Laguna Seca - watch out for the power delivery down the hill - when the engine gets into its stride the burst of acceleration can easily take you off the course!

I don't know about the points, your going on about.

Hi John - are you running the practise session as a race? If so people could get penalised with a loss of points from their race license when they leave to join the official meeting, but I'm guessing that the license option is off? I guess this is what @Napalm_LT is referring to.

Sorry about the huge crash Napalm - in future if you find yourself upside down please use reset to track - it can be used as a last resort and I have amended the rules at the start of the thread to clarify this.

Anyway. What a car! Loved it. Took me a few laps to get ahold of it and start to put lap times closer to @AndreasR. Once you become one with the car is just awesome.

Thanks to @Sick Cylinder for organising these races and let us discover these amazing hidden gems.View attachment 690040

Thanks for the kind words - I'm currently planning and testing the 2018 calendar of series and it gives me extra motivation to press on with that. I'm hoping that you will be able to join us again for the Monday Races - and next time bring a friend - we need some more racers! So frustrating that so many of my online friends are currently playing GT Sport which has almost no content and hardly any tracks when they could be racing with us - still, perhaps the novelty will wear off by Christmas!

I found this great short clip of the 1955 Rex Mays Memorial 100 mile race which was held in 1955 shortly after the Indy 500. One sobering thought and reminder of just how dangerous motor racing was in the 1950's - is that of the drivers named in the commentary all, but one would be dead within five years and a couple died before the film had even been edited and the narration added. However it is a great historical record and beautifully shot in colour, giving a great impression of the sound and spectacle of the Indy Roadsters. Note the track was only a one mile oval so the speeds although high are naturally much lower than at Indy.

I'm hoping that you will be able to join us again for the Monday Races - and next time bring a friend - we need some more racers! So frustrating that so many of my online friends are currently playing GT Sport which has almost no content and hardly any tracks when they could be racing with us - still, perhaps the novelty will wear off by Christmas!

I wish I could. I had a real love affair yesterday with the car and honestly I would love to race in Laguna Seca next week. However, I'd like to have some quality time with my wife and unfortunately she works during the weekends. Therefore I can't justify spending two nights a week playing around when I can do it during the weekends. With that said, I'll try to join more races or maybe even alternate if I like more a Monday series. (I am secretly in love with the DBR1)

I would like to see more people racing as well. It's harder and harder to get decent full lobbies. I can't invite more friends because I had to change my PSN account when I moved (I previously had the one that is my GTPlanet user) and didn't add my former friends. I have a few great friends from the good old days of hot lapping in GT6 but that wear down as well and people moved on generally. Also, most people have the same issue as I do, as weekday nights are not the best for everyone to participate.

I found this great short clip of the 1955 Rex Mays Memorial 100 mile race which was held in 1955 shortly after the Indy 500. One sobering thought and reminder of just how dangerous motor racing was in the 1950's - is that of the drivers named in the commentary all, but one would be dead within five years and a couple died before the film had even been edited and the narration added. However it is a great historical record and beautifully shot in colour, giving a great impression of the sound and spectacle of the Indy Roadsters. Note the track was only a one mile oval so the speeds although high are naturally much lower than at Indy.

Pretty cool video. I loved how they fought with the wheel and how they were just on a constant slide. Just like we did yesterday, proving the impressive work that SMS has done. The only thing I missed yesterday after watching this video is three-wheeling along a corner!

Hi guys,

I ran 10 laps yesterday at Laguna Seca with the Agajanian. Following people’s suggestions I uploaded gameplay (that means the actual driving lap, not the replay - HUD on and driver’s arms on as well) of a decent lap there.

However, it turns out that of you turn off the PS the uploading stops (you can download patches with the PS off).

It’ll be available at some point tonight along with a few comments.

I tried to save the ghost but it appears to be a bit of a hit and miss.

I’m open to hear people’s suggestions and proceed accordingly.

Hi guys,

Hopefully the link will work and you’ll be able to access the lap I’ve posted.

There is more time to make. You can go for it ;). I tried to leave a good guidance for all of you that struggle with this car. The car is a handful though. To run a better lap I would need more practice.

As you can see entry to first corner was a bit unorthodox as I lost it a bit on the braking. However it is good as you can see how I controlled it and still made the corner without losing too much time. Same with the corkscrew. I braked just to make the corner (Which is not a bad thing when looking for ultimate lap times).

As for the rest, I left the arms on (usually I have them off as I see my own steering wheel and arms :dopey:) and the HUD. Watch how I modulate the braking and turn according to what the rear is doing. Last, when you see me applying short throttle slams mid-corner, that’s to unsettle the rear and make the car rotate.

I hope this is useful, any questions, hit me with them.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I tried to save the ghost but it appears to be a bit of a hit and miss.

I tried the time trial mode (for the first time) and found your ghost lap - it was my fastest friend lap, but unfortunately the game wouldn't let me download the ghost - it asked if I wanted to, but none of the buttons had any effect! Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update along with the HUD editing which can't be saved!

Last, when you see me applying short throttle slams mid-corner, that’s to unsettle the rear and make the car rotate.Enjoy!

Same technique as Ayrton Senna!

Thanks for posting these - I'm not really a good enough driver to follow the same lines - I can pick up some tips from the video and your helpful text, but for me it is a struggle to just get the car to stop and stay on the track! I squeezed in some practise races at the weekend so hopefully I can stay on track and not lose too much time off the circuit.

I tried the time trial mode (for the first time) and found your ghost lap - it was my fastest friend lap, but unfortunately the game wouldn't let me download the ghost

In the community events I use top guys ghosts with no issues.

I just press x on top of the guy’s name on the leaderboard and then x on add ghost.

When I go to the track the ghost is already waiting for me at the start line.

The phone isn’t letting me to multi quote. So, as per the technique. Didn’t know that! The car is so long that you need to do it to rotate.

Well, actually you have two approaches:

Try with the braking and steering to get the car rotating in the entry to the corner. You will need then to just apply throttle to keep momentum. This is the fastest but hardest to nail.

If you were conservative on the braking or didn’t manage to get to unsettle the rear in the right direction, then try to compensate mid corner by applying full throttle for very short periods of time until you get the car to rotate. This way you’ll get a good exit.

My advice on braking is start braking much earlier than you would like, very conservative, caressing the pedal and build your confidence from there. A few laps after you’d find yourself braking harder and later and later as you get ‘one’ with the car.

Race Report Round 8 from Laguna Seca

Qualifying went well and I was very pleased to beat my best practise lap time by three tenths. The race started well and in the early stages I found myself in 4th just a couple of seconds behind Jocke and I made the mistake of letting myself fantasise about a good result! Jocke has had a good race pace in the past so I didn't think I would be able to stay with him - sure enough I tried too hard to keep up and started making mistakes. I think this car requires the utmost concentration and smooth, careful inputs - unfortunately I soon lost any rhythm - it was particularly frustrating to make an identical mistake next lap round, spinning out both times at the exact same corner and losing 30 seconds. I really struggled to get into a consistent groove with the car, but managed a couple of better laps towards the end of the race. Overall an enjoyable race in a great car on a great track, but a very poor performance from me. Hopefully I can do better in the Aston Martin!

For the next round - 9 from Silverstone Classic (and the rest of this series) we switch to the fabulous Aston Martin DBR1/300. In 1959 this was the best sports car in the world winning the Le Mans 24 hours (Shelby and Salvadori) the Sports Car Championship and the prestigious Nurburgring race three times on the trot. The handling and feel of this car was incredible in PC1 and somehow SMS have improved it further. They appear to have taken great care with some of the older cars in the game and the majority have changed for the better - that is why I have no hesitation in using some of the cars again over the next year or so - I am confident that you will get an enjoyably different experience compared with last time round. A few cars have however suffered from the changes so for example I will not be using the Lotus 51 Formula Ford (very unpleasant) or the Ford RS1600 Racing (virtually undrivable on default settings).

PS - Please let me know your choice of race numbers for the Aston Martin. NB 14, 22 and 47 are already taken - List of available numbers in Post 4 on Page 1.

There are spaces available for clean drivers and this is a great time to join as we use the Aston Martin for the final four rounds - Online Novices welcome (driving line is available if required). Experienced Online Racers also welcome !!! - just express your interest by posting in this thread and send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2

This is how a 1:44.078 lap looks like with the DBR1/300 at Silverstone Classic.

It is by far the trickiest car to brake I’ve ever tried in this game. My advice is brake early (very) and modulate from there. Adapt to the undulating surface. If you are in control, release a bit of pressure and use that chance to rotate the car and hit the apex.

I missed one of the apexes as I didn’t manage to quite control the braking as I would like but, again you can see how I managed to limit the damage and made the corner.

Corner exit is actually the easiest part. If you made it to the apex, use the torque to rotate the car and caress the pedal to keep momentum. If you are in second gear be very careful.

If you struggle, do all corners in third gear. It’s a bit slower but much easier to drive than using second gear in the third corner and last chicane (both braking and exit).

With all that said, what a joy to drive. And the replays look amazing. After this I took it to my reference track, Oulton, and drove before dawn, autumn. This game may have bugs but, tell me any other game where you enjoy any weather, date, time with this level of physics, immersion and visual/sound fidelity.

I’ll try to make some of the remaining races, so I ask for number 30.

Last, about the ghost lap. It’s only available if I make it into the top 15 or something like that. Impossible with this old car. If anyone needs it I think the game stores it internally so I may be able to send it.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I had a bit of a splurge and bought PC2 (and GTS!) but I've not had much of a chance to fully test it out yet. Too many games not enough time. :)
I've been fiddling with the audio* and video/camera options mainly. I'm also dialing in the FFB settings to my liking. There's somewhat less options than previously - thankfully.

So hopefully after a bit a lot more practice I'll be able to pop in and have a race occasionally without causing too much chaos on track. If you'll have me of course.

* I see what you mean about the sound Sick. There's not so much oomph as PC1. I think it's because they have altered the mix and surround levels which has diluted and muddied it. It's still quite impressive though once tweaked. With a bit of balancing of the sliders I've managed to get some of the rumble back into the woofer. GTS has come on leaps and bounds too - and the Cobra is coming. ;)

I had a bit of a splurge and bought PC2 (and GTS!) but I've not had much of a chance to fully test it out yet. Too many games not enough time. :)

So hopefully after a bit a lot more practice I'll be able to pop in and have a race occasionally without causing too much chaos on track. If you'll have me of course.

GTS has come on leaps and bounds too - and the Cobra is coming. ;)

Congratulations on your purchase IfAndOr - I hope you enjoy the game. Feel free to jump in and race in the Monday and Wednesday series - a good, clean driver like yourself is always welcome. Jocke is also racing with us when he's free so I am sure you will have a good time. Is there any chance you can persuade @Zolon32 and @buybon355 to get the game (perhaps from Santa) and join us when they can - it would be so good to have more of the old team back together.

Yesterday's race was so enjoyable with the BMW M1 Pro Car - I am sure they would also enjoy the racing - the track roster is big enough to recreate some historic series on (mostly) original tracks. We have a really exciting programme of championships for 2018 which I'll be announcing shortly. It will include recreations of the 1965 BSCC and F1 seasons plus we will be recreating the 1967 sports car world championship battle between Ford and Ferrari - @joedakiss is researching the original start times of the races so we can use the time progression and custom date options in a realistic way.

I'm quite envious that GTS is getting the Cobra 427 - it looks like PD have found a way of raising the standard of their GT5 and 6 assets to GTS level, but I'm a bit mystified as to why they couldn't have included more of those cars in the release version of the game considering how long they had for production.

I think Zolon is addicted to GTS at the moment. :P
Although he likes his Force Feedback feel so I'm sure he'd like PC2 if he tried it. And you don't have to "buy" the cars. BB is probably wary that his wheel might not work.

I'm quite envious that GTS is getting the Cobra 427
It's also getting the VW Samba which you're probably not so envious of. But 50 cars proposed before March is a good thing - and supposedly free. It just needs some more locations to actually drive them on.

I'll have to PM you my audio settings. They just might give you a butt kick again. Actually it's probably more of a butt tap - although that sounds like a medical procedure!

Afternoon all. Just been on the official forum – Ian Bell just hinted at online championships being included in the next patch, which is apparently going through console approval process as we speak. What's the plan @Sick Cylinder – figure out how it all works when it arrives in the next couple of days and then switch over to that in 2018?

Had my first go in the DBR1 last night. What a handful, especially under braking, but I love it. Fairly sure I'll come last again but I'll have fun while I'm at it!

Seems like Currys is out of stock on the T300 599 and probably won't have any more until after the 30% deal ends :( So it looks like I might have to go with the G29. At least the saving between the two will basically pay for my Playseat Challenge...

So it looks like I might have to go with the G29.

Don't do that :) I used G27 for 3 years and was happy with it until I bought T300 Alcantara. this one is much better - strong, quit (no coging sounds), smooth, nice feel of alcantara. G29 isn't bad, but T300 is much better.

Damn, you just made this difficult (and important!) decision even harder!

To add, the G29 comes with 2 years warranty, only 1 year with T300 Alcantara...

To add to your confusion.

The G29 is £128.89 at Amazon today. Which is a bit of a bargain. No shifter though, but it's not really necessary.

I'm really quite happy with my G29. It's true it can be "clonky" on occasions but I've now got it running quite sweetly in PC2 after tweaking the various settings - even in the rally X. I can't disagree the T300 is probably a better wheel overall but then it is more expensive. The G29 peddles are great too and I like the extra buttons it has. The Logitech products seem to have the edge on reliability too.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

Back