Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

I hope you all liked the slightly murky slightly dark weather and lighting at Le Mans. Driving flat out into the gloom made the race more immersive I thought

On to Laguna Seca next week. @AndreasR did enquire about rain but I've decided to make that another dry race. Not least because the water kept drying out in the heat! But I'll try to make it interesting in a different way.

However, early warning, the following race at C.o.t.A. will have some precipitation. It turns out to be a good circuit for it, very few deep puddles*. I'm still working on the details.
*Except the pit lane which turns into a swimming pool!!

The final race at Daytona? Anything could happen! :P

Just a few things to note for this evening at Laguna.

Pitstops will be set to automatic - this is because of the tight pit lane entrance might cause problems and also because there's a couple of pits very close to the entrance that could be missed!

Fuel use will be on and set to real - you should have plenty of fuel. It's just to make the cars get lighter.

Tyre wear set to authentic - they'll hardly wear. Track temps will be in the 30° to 40° region.

Damage set to off - You need the front of your car intact! This might help frame rates as well.

Track limits set to on - they don't really cause a problem here. Time to take penalty set quite high so it's better (and safer) to not slow down.

I think that's it. Have fun. Hopefully. :)

Results from Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca (MON).jpg

Still, lots of fun again!
I see yourself and @beachboy6658 had a good scrap towards the end of the race.

Right after last weeks nice weather with a sunrise at Laguna on to a slightly damp COTA.

Yes there will be rain, a unsettled afternoon is forecast. To save everyone having to swap on to wet weather tyres (and possibly getting it wrong) I'm starting the race in the rain, so they'll be fitted already. And the cars are really very good on them. There's still a lot of grip, if you stay away from any puddles that form - and there aren't many that do.

Pit stops are compulsory and will be on automatic again - All the puddles seem to be in the pit lane and could cause havoc during a stop. (And although I like manual stops the automatic ones do seem to cause less confusion)

Damage will be off - because rain! Just like for the last couple of weeks I'd prefer you to keep your headlights intact. No it's not going to get dark, it's just that it's easier to see cars though any spray.

Track limits will be off - because rain! Plus some of COTA's corners can be tricky to get right even in the dry. Please try to avoid cutting the corners too much though.

Fuel use and tyre wear will be on.

The wet tyres should last the race if you're careful with them. But if you want to change them that's up to you.

Again I think that's all, if anything else comes to mind I'll add it. Have fun splashing about. Bring your own umbrella, I'm not supplying one.

Just thought - John it's probably best to run your practice room with a little light rain so everyone will get used to the tyres etc.

One weather setting spot with Rain all the way?
Maybe. Maybe not. :sly:

As I said the tyres should last the race. :)

It's a little unfair I suppose that I know what's happening with the weather (although there is some randomness), but someone has got to know. Unless it's completely random - and we could end up with a blizzard then!

Hmm, yes a slight button delay is probably a good option to catch random false presses on the T300.

I hope everyone enjoyed splashing about in the rain. I suppose that would depend on whether you spun out in the weather! It seemed to be generally well received though so I might continue the theme onto my last race in charge at Daytona. Details will follow nearer the race - I have some ideas.

@Napalm_LT I blame you for making me not follow my own advice and causing me to wear my tyres out! Trying to keep up with you meant I had to change them on my stop. (I was going to try and make them last) :dopey: ;)

@GTP_Jonjig kept me alert by staying with me. 👍 My pit crew weren't quick enough with their air guns to keep me ahead of you. :P

And yes @WiSchmo there was a pitstop window required. :sly: I'll put it down to you getting over excited in the wet. :)

I've just thought, since @Sick Cylinder is GTS-ing perhaps I should have been keeping track of the points! I haven't, but a may have to backtrack and reckon them up at some point.

I'll take on the task of creating and updating this and GT Wednesday leaderboards
Cheers.

I get so involved in getting the PC2 settings right thinking Sick will be along shortly to update the race leaderboard. But I forgot he's got stuck on the GT grinder and can't break away. :D

Sick has got his Excel(?) chart that I don't have access to. Er, I can't find the scoring! Although I believe it's the Moto GP system that he uses. Which is...

Points are awarded for the top 15 finishes according to the following scale: 25, 20, 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 pt.

I should add that he does give points if anyone unfortunately disconnects. Equal to the lowest place. I think.

Last edited:
Close but you have to give me points for races i started i dnf or retired.. or you did already lol

Ps. @IfAndOr i see all that weather settings is paying off not too shabby spot in the table :P

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

took a little longer this time, but here are my replays from Monday's rainy race:

I thought it was great fun driving through the rain :P I was surprised
that I only spun once. Again, I'm sorry for missing out on the pit window. I thought the race was about finding the perfect time to pit. I'll gladly ceed my place to @beachboy6658 behind me, who I would never have passed on wet tires.
See everyone for the season finale on Monday! :gtpflag:
(Or maybe before in ACC ;))

Last edited:
I was surprised
that I only spun once.
They are surprisingly grippy in the wet. I watched your video and I'd say that traction control, even on low, would help a lot with that.

I thought the race was more about finding the perfect time when to pit.
Maybe we should explore that sometime, instead of a pit window. It'd make my weather setting a little more varied. We could start on slicks for example.

Ps. @IfAndOr i see all that weather settings is paying off not too shabby spot in the table :P
All that going around in circles has got to make some difference. Although with the amount of laps I do you'd think I'd be winning every race. :dopey:
(We need an handicap system, although that's tricky to do in PC2)

I have Daytona pretty well set now! :mischievous:

For those who use a wheel particularly the G29 Logitech, would you mind sharing your FFB settings for PC2? I've been playing around with settings to get better feel, but can't quite get there.
Thanks

would you mind sharing your FFB settings for PC2?
With FFB it really is quite a personal thing. But...

Flavour Raw
Gain 86
Volume 35 (I do vary this, usually increase, for certain cars)
Tone 40ish to 60ish (varies between cars. Usually, RX type cars I lower it, track cars I raise it.)
FX 0 (I don't like the way it makes the G29's gears rattle)

This produces quite a light wheel that doesn't swamp out most of the effects. Little rattle not much deadzone.

Volume changes the wheel weight.
Tone changes the overall "feel"
FX adds artificial road bump and kerb effects (rattle :))

If you'd like it more GTS like in its "feel" try the Informative flavour. Immersive is ok but with the G29 I found it made it over heavy.

I use an attached keyboard that has all the extra ffb adjustment buttons mapped to it (plus seat position etc). This way I can alter settings on the fly. A wireless keypad would be just fine too.

Thanks, I have a keyboard on the PS4 now (thanks to your advice, for seat position). Will have a go at your suggestions; half the problem is the language they use. Why 'volume' when they mean weight, or 'flavour' when they probably mean 'feel'.

Latest Posts

Back