Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about the seat position advice. Well there you go, FFB adjustment is another use for it.

Why 'volume' when they mean weight, or 'flavour' when they probably mean 'feel'.
I think they tried to simplify it after PC1. That had 30 plus overcomplicated general options that could be adjusted. And then each car had even more! There was some really strange terminology used in there.

Last edited:
Now then, Daytona.

1/ There will not be a compulsory pitstop required for this race
I think it'll break up the flow so let's race to the line for the last race. (There's also the chance the pit crew will fit the wrong tyres!)
2/ It will be a rolling start. There is no other option.
I shall select the AI controlled option but even then there is a chance it'll accelerate you into the car in front. So...​

3/ ...All penalties will be off.
Otherwise you may receive a time penalty even when under AI control. Please don't abuse this. ;)

4/ There will be some rain. It's your fault, you said you enjoyed it. :)
Again you'll start with wets fitted and I'll run with tyre wear off - so they'll last!. I've tried to adjust the track temps to prevent too much overheating - it should be ok.
5/ Damage will be off. Tyre wear off. Fuel usage normal.

A word of caution in the wet. There can be a couple of puddles that form that might catch you out. There's one on the 3rd apex of the bus-stop chicane on the main straight. Ease off through it or avoid. The other one is in the braking area as you leave the infield section. Brake gently or move to the left of the track. Traction control will help.

And perhaps try not to be to enthusiastic in overtaking before everyone has passed the first corner. Not a rule but sensible guidance. 👍

Once more if I think of anything else I'll update.

Good luck all. See you Monday.

Last edited:
Track limits on?
No, they'll be off. If I switch rules and penalties off (to prevent start line problems) the track limits goes off as well.

@John Wells perhaps you could run short races in your practice room? It'd get everyone used to the start procedure. It might save some confusion come race time. Auto rolling start in general options. 👍

@John Wells perhaps you could run short races in your practice room? It'd get everyone used to the start procedure. It might save some confusion come race time. Auto rolling start in general options. 👍
Thanks Paul, tonight we will have, 10 min race, practice rolling start.

So traction control is allowed tonight? How about ABS?
It's been available all series. ;)

If you have the "use authentic aids" option on you'll be able to use whatever the real life cars have. The LMP2s have traction control but unfortunately don't have ABS - it would be handy in the wet. You can switch between the different TC modes if you have a button mapped. I think it's set to low as default.

I should add it'll slow the car down, you'll hear the engine stuttering, but it helps in keeping it pointing in the right direction.

Last edited:
Results from Daytona

Daytona (MON).jpg

Thanks again for the standings table Half_Sourly. 👍

Yes congratulations to LMP2 expert* Jammy and also to Lancer for keeping close to him. A honourable mention also goes out to the final podium man Simba. And also well done to all participants for hustling the Ligier around. I quite enjoyed it - as my unusually high standing shows! :)

I hope the appearance of snow didn't put you off too much yesterday - it didn't put Jammy off, he still disappeared into the distance! It was July and although night the track temp was around 30°C so it melted pretty much straight away. It gave an interesting effect. I managed to get 3 periods of wetness that also dried quite quickly, so hopefully it wasn't too bad for anyone.

Good battle for a few laps there Lancer. I wasn't quite close enough to get the tow from you at the finish. 👍 (my cat kept jumping up and walking around my desk which wasn't helping!)

Now I think Sick is returning - if we can get him away from all those shiny GTS cars. So I'll hand the reins back over to him. Hope you've enjoyed my time at the helm. :cheers:

* Although let's face it Jammy is pretty much an expert in everything. :P

@IfAndOr really is doing a stellar job performing his rain dances
There's only so much I can do with 4 weather slots and their associated timing. :)
We'll have to try 4 random events then even I won't know what's coming next. :P

Actually PC3 and its new all weather tyre system would be a boon for random weather in our 30 minute races. You'd get the on track effects without having to constantly swap tyres. I hope they improve the randomness though, not the current possibility of going from one extreme to another. A more natural approach would be better.

How's ACC going Willi?

Thanks a lot to let me join you in this combo series. It has been while since I race with you (I have followed you all the time and will do in future).
It was little unfair (to say at least) for you guys as this is car that I have drive more in PC2 that any other car. Run multiple championships with it (with tunning allowed).
All in all it was fun and @IfAndOr 's weather/race setting were out of its own league. Snow in Daytona was really new thing for me and it was really dark. I was wander what's happening... :)
Congrats and well done to everyone who drive this car and series :cheers:

Now that that is over...
Aww, I wanted to do it again. :D
Have you tried the Mustang? You might like the Ligier more afterwards. :)

I'll have number 33. Although I might give the first race a miss. The combination of this car and the left, right, left, right, left, left, right, left section at COTA national actually made me feel ill. :crazy: I had to stop!
I might give it another try, keeping a bucket close by.

but I couldn't get TC to work on this car.
You can force it on in the options however since the cars don't have it in real life you'll lose it in Sick's online race. Only authentic aids work there. So it's best to practice with it off.

Make sure it's a warm track surface you practice on. The hard slicks need that to bite. Hopefully @Sick Cylinder will note this. ;)

And try to leave it in a higher gear around corners to stop the diff locking up, there's still plenty of torque to pull away.

Edit: Any chance of relaxing the interior view only rule @Sick Cylinder? I've moved the seat position, which has helped, but if I drive in bonnet view I don't suffer any many ill effects. Oddly!

Last edited:
Morning everyone great racing again last week but my car had a misfire on the dynno all fixed. Can I have a play in this mustang cobra any car that's left will be bent after two Laps cheers Max.ps just tell me before race time so I can be ready for the green lights. :)

I'm sure there will be room Max as a few people don't like the car. Personally I loved the car when I tested it, but that was quite a while ago as this series was postponed from a previous year. I felt that the restricted view added to the cars charm! We'll stick with interior view for round one then review it - I might struggle as I haven't played PC2 for a couple of months!

The series is set at all American tracks in tribute to the 1997 Trans Am season when this car won all 13 rounds. 4 time Trans Am Champion Tommy Kendall won the first 11 rounds.

Cota was obviously not part of the series in 1997, but I included it to make up the roster of American tracks - after a lot of thought I included Cota even though I don't like the circuit much - Kevin Schwantz had a big hand in its design, but it always struck me as a circuit that was designed by a committee and probably sounded great while it was being discussed in a meeting.

In 1997 the Trans Am series visited a wide range of circuits across America - very few of which we have in the game - they had tremendous variety including long and short road courses and street circuits. I think this car and series will be great - you will have the variety of big, wide road courses like Road America, street circuits like Long Beach and gnarly little tracks like Texas Infield - hopefully in its efforts to reflect real life this series will be a good one!

Back