MONACO MINI MADNESS II.

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 627 comments
Thanks, looks like I can be less conservative on my set-up đź‘Ť

Just had a few laps on your set up, and its good. Fastest was a 41, but only after i went back to my transmission settings( as I was bouncing on the limiter on 2 places on the track). The -0.30 toe front and rear and the dif settings make the mini do magic things at corners.

Just had a few laps on your set up, and its good. Fastest was a 41, but only after i went back to my transmission settings( as I was bouncing on the limiter on 2 places on the track). The -0.30 toe front and rear and the dif settings make the mini do magic things at corners.

Glad it worked.
I made that setup to be stable. I'm going to stick with -30 for front toe, may try more rear toe.
Like I said before, the dampers could use some tweaking.

Would someone like to take the time to provide an idiot's guide to tuning......? Effects of toe adjustments, camber adjustments, LSD adjustments etc

Requested by a guy who buys adjustable suspension for his cars so he can lower them for the sole purpose of that it makes them look good....

Would someone like to take the time to provide an idiot's guide to tuning......? Effects of toe adjustments, camber adjustments, LSD adjustments etc

Requested by a guy who buys adjustable suspension for his cars so he can lower them for the sole purpose of that it makes them look good....

OK, I will have a try. toe adjustments 1st. toe in(+) means the wheels point inwards towards the front of the car. If a car is prone to under-steer then toeing out (-) the front wheels will reduce this. However on the rear wheels toeing in (+) the rear wheels will reduce over-steer. All cars in GT5 come set with the rear wheels set to +0.20 toe. Camber is when you apply a negative angle to the wheels.(so they lean in toward the top). This helps with cornering as the outer wheels to the corner have more surface contact with the tarmac. Coupled with the correct toe for the drive train of car this will improve the handling of the car, but go too far and it will mess it right up, or cause an increase in tyre wear. I dont really know that much about the LSD settings, apart from it reducing wheel spin when cornering. Hope this has helped, and are you coming racing in the minis R063R?

Hmm. Thanks. I'm gonna try messing around with them here.

I see you only have one space left for Madrid - better to leave it for someone who can definitely make it as I can't b sure of my plans at this point. But if I'm online on the night and there's space free, I'd b able to hop on if that suited.

Hmm. Thanks. I'm gonna try messing around with them here.

I see you only have one space left for Madrid - better to leave it for someone who can definitely make it as I can't b sure of my plans at this point. But if I'm online on the night and there's space free, I'd b able to hop on if that suited.

OK mate, I will put you in as a maybe

Hada do the same, Ade - she was bouncing as she was coming down that slope toward the chicane in the second sector.

I'm not going to make this race.... sorry all.
FMSC scheduled their per-season race at the same time on the same day.
I really wanted to give this car a go around here....
Good luck all.

I'm not going to make this race.... sorry all.
FMSC scheduled their per-season race at the same time on the same day.
I really wanted to give this car a go around here....
Good luck all.

That is a shame mate, but no problem, thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you can make the next one:sly:

Last edited:
Only 1 week to go until we take our classic Mini Coopers around the twisty streets of Madrid. Who's looking forward to it? Unfortunately carracer cannot make the race, but that still leaves 11 on the grid so far.

If you would like take the last grid place, please post on here with your PSN, and I will send you a friend request. If you dont have the car (classic mini cooper 1.3i 98 ) I have spares available. There is only 1 grid place left, so its first come, first swerved.

I just did 15 laps now and the fastest I could do was a 1:40:224 so hopefully it should be a close race :)

I just did 15 laps now and the fastest I could do was a 1:40:224 so hopefully it should be a close race :)

Thats not a bad time at all, with 12 on the track though, its going to be busy.

Yea I know but most of my times were closer to 1:41 which seems to me to be closer to race pace at the start at least. I'm still trying transmission and suspension settings along with carracer's set-up too.

Yea I know but most of my times were closer to 1:41 which seems to me to be closer to race pace at the start at least. I'm still trying transmission and suspension settings along with carracer's set-up too.

I left the transmission alone apart from final gear, which is set to 4100

Latest Posts

Back