money for setups

• Thread starter boomer@111
  • 112 comments
I refuse to believe they are making money period.
And after this thread becomes common knowledge among the GT masses they will never make another cent ;).

I mean each and everyone that visits any good GT forum will know right away it's a load of crap..

cant blame a bloke for trying to make a quick buck....we all gotta keep the wolf from our door...and after all just over a pound....some people have more money than sense....

Making money is one thing , but charging people for material from source's that is obviously not their own..
Is just plain wrong..

JMO ..:)

If it aint anyone thats been doing OLR for the last 2 years, I aint heard of them
As pedro said earlier, whats to say I post a setup here and then find out that some peanut has taken it to his own site and calling it his own? Absolutely bloody wrong I say
If i ever use a setup that isnt mine, at least Im honest enough to say to whoever asks that the setup aint mine
Any other way is just plain dishonest, and trying to make a buck out of someone else hard work is a f#$%ing disgrace

@Turbosmoke

I don't, but think of it this way ..

If they gave away the settings for free , they would be viewable to anyone ..right..? And if my suspicions are correct , they would be caught out by the people that originaly posted up the settings in any number of the GT forums around the net..

So how do you avoid everyone seeing your database..? By charging for it..

Now the question is , Do you think a person that can come up with good settings , or knows how to obtain settings ,for free.. would pay for such a priviledge..? i think not .:)
So there you have it they have managed to hide their secret from the fast guys/gals of the world and i know they would not pay for settings, , I know it's not fact , it's just a suspicion i have..and that list of testers could be made up for all we know..

if i where these guys this is how i would most likley be thinking when making such a site..

Again these are just my thoughts ;)

in response to a comment by Bollocks999

I too have never heard of any of these so called testers on this site ..
If they where really that good you would see them on the boards , going by the same name...

Once again right on the head Pedro 👍

I'd still like to see this list of testers

In response to your last Pedro, Exactly if they are so good, where have they been, and were where they for the last 9 (10) boards comp?

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Once again right on the head Pedro 👍

I'd still like to see this list of testers

In response to your last Pedro, Exactly if they are so good, where have they been, and were where they for the last 9 (10) boards comp?

Agreed dude 👍

Im not saying im a GT veteran or anything , but i do get around most of the forums..
Im not a member on all of them but i do read the post's etc , and i have never seen these guys before anywhere...;)

Bunch of Names with no faces behind them I reckon, I too get around the forums (not as much as I used too) and have never seen or heard (wher is that list?) of these guys
I know that with most of the guys on the Forums, that you only have to ask and they are quite willing to give you a setup, no questions asked

Where these wankers get of I dont know

I've gotten settings no probs from the super fast guys (the top runners on racing line etc) and all have gladly shared their setups..
And i bet thats how these guys have done it :mischievous: posing as racers asking for settings and putting them up on their pay for site..:lol: man i should subscribe to "the conspiracy theory" news letter :lol:

I've yet to see this list of testers , i was looking at the team credentials part and it only mentions one name..Bob something or other...

@ Turbosmoke show us this list :)

yeah...that makes a lot of sense...these guys are arseholes...

making up settings are part of the fun....when i first got the altezza rs200 car....it handles like a baby giraffe on ice skates...but now i got it cornering like a beast after many weeks of testing in order to win the altezza races...i would be right gutted if these poofs tried to sell it to someone else....

i would gladly give my setting away for free if someone just asked...i think i have prefected about 10 or so cars and i am satisfied with about 30....out of the 100 or so cars i have i have only driven about 60 of them....there prize cars mostly....

Originally posted by pedrodaman

@ Turbosmoke show us this list :)

its not a list of names as such....its just a list credentials on the front page of thier site..

Team credentials:

Shop foreman Malibu Grand Prix
Research and Testing Engineer Indoor Grand Prix (North America)
SCCA Solo II (National level competitor)
SCCA Club Racing
Bob Bondurant driving instructor (open wheel)

dats all...

Originally posted by TurboSmoke
its not a list of names as such....its just a list credentials on the front page of thier site..

Team credentials:

Shop foreman Malibu Grand Prix
Research and Testing Engineer Indoor Grand Prix (North America)
SCCA Solo II (National level competitor)
SCCA Club Racing
Bob Bondurant driving instructor (open wheel)

dats all...

Cheers i thought that was the one you where on about ;)

That list to me means absolutley nothing.. :lol: it looks the part but has no significant value..

If it where something allong these lines it would be more believable

Remember this is just a mockup ;)

TESTERS
Pedrodaman 3 times world champion 9 boards challenge, top 10 driver @ racing_line, top 50 TT driver

Bollocks 999 TORC 9 champion, top 10 driver racing_line, top 50 TT driver

I could add more but cant be arsed :lol:

that kind of list would be more believable , and you would have relevant reference points to check ..

TurboSmoke - 3 times GT World Championship winner and undispiuted GT3 all time best player, in the world ever (including near planets such as Mars and Venus and the moon too)..

yeah...add that to your list of hypotheical testers:lol:

hey...its not so far fetched...i used to do a bit of OLR with bollocks there....he'll tell you what a monster of the tracks i am...:lol: j/k

Originally posted by pedrodaman
Cheers i thought that was the one you where on about ;)

That list to me means absolutley nothing.. :lol: it looks the part but has no significant value..

If it where something allong these lines it would be more believable

Remember this is just a mockup ;)

TESTERS
Pedrodaman 3 times world champion 9 boards challenge, top 10 driver @ racing_line, top 50 TT driver

Bollocks 999 TORC 9 champion, top 10 driver racing_line, top 50 TT driver

I could add more but cant be arsed :lol:

that kind of list would be more believable , and you would have relevant reference points to check ..

I definitely agree with that list . . . at least it has some something to check it against, the other's from the site could have been made up. I mean I can make BS like that up. Whoever said we should send them nasty hate letters . . . we should all go for it! :lol:

How about Famine: 9Boards Veteran (GTN), TORC veteran, top 3 endurance driver (R-L), top 20 driver (R-L), Goldjunkie, twice GTD top 20, GTL top 20? If you pay me enough, of course.

I did try their Yaris settings, and either I'm crap, my settings are brilliant, or they understand absolutely nothing about GT3 settings at all. I vote for the last one.

Originally posted by Famine
How about Famine: 9Boards Veteran (GTN), TORC veteran, top 3 endurance driver (R-L), top 20 driver (R-L), Goldjunkie, twice GTD top 20, GTL top 20? If you pay me enough, of course.

I did try their Yaris settings, and either I'm crap, my settings are brilliant, or they understand absolutely nothing about GT3 settings at all. I vote for the last one.

I'm thinking it the first one! :lol: No, but now on a more serious note, I agree with you on which one it is.

But if you use their settings you can win the Yaris/Vitz cup! Surely they're great!

Or, bearing in mind I can win the Yaris cup with a stock set 1.5RS (full tune though, obv)... :D

It's a nice idea to get easy money for no work. This time next year, Rodney...

Originally posted by Famine

From experience racing against your good self, I can say that the third option you posted would be correct

My OLR career to date: Gran Turismo Drafting series(GTN) 1 & 2, TORC 7-10 (GTF), Formula Grand Prix seasons 2 & 3(GTF), 9 Boards challenge 2, Gran Turismo Driving League (GTP), plus varius Hot lap compititons such as Rypiens "Rotaries @ Midfield" and also limited compititon in Boombexus' "Weekly Race Series"

And Raced against guys such as, JMR, Famine , Mr.P, Lotus350, Arco, Prancing Horse, Sough, IForceV8, Rod, Womble, Red Eye Racer, Godson (all of these guys are quick) these are just some that Ive raced against , this list could go on for ever and all of which would give you a setup if you asked

I apologise to the racers I missed:)

My stats are no where near as good as those :( i've never really raced anywhere else besides here..

Oi you forgot aboot me Bollocks 999 :P

But mine are , weekly race 10 podium finnishes in 12 races , top 15 TT drivers (GTP) top 50 R-L drivers, and various spot race's..not much im affraid but at least it's something :P...

I saw this site about a year ago ! I can't beleive they're still in buisness :lol: as for my stats... well I've been in a fair few comps over the last year or 2 :D

Sorry Pedro:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Also forgot to mention MIH, Boombexus as well

As I said earlier I do apologise to the guys I missed

Arco would only give you a setting if you asked in German. He's one of the 5 Germans who don't speak English (to a higher level than most English people :D).

And is Kel a guy? :D

Since i dont speak german, Im screwed there then

I use it as a NON sexist word, and she has put to waste many guys :D including myself

Originally posted by miata13B
pretty much this is Horse Shat in my eyes, look at the e-mail I sent them.
Well folks, this shows how much business they are apparenttly doing.

Any idiot can build an IRL car, that doesn't mean it will actually make it around the track without crashing. Any service, besides prostitution and drug dealing, can be charged for..otherwise attorneys and consultants would be looking for new jobs. I have looked at all the other sites out there before deciding to do this, the problem with the settings available at these sites is they are done by 12 year olds, like yourself, who don't know the first thing about the physics involved in making a race car handle, much less know how to drive it. The reason for charging for these settings was to offset the cost of hosting this site, notice their are no pop ups? that's because I AM PAYING A MONTHLY FEE TO HOST THIS SITE, UNLIKE MOST OF THE OTHERS! And I haven't even made enough to cover that. no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy settings, you can always go get your free settings, but remember you get exactly what you pay for, if it costs nothing it's usually worth nothing! What amazes me is people like you who have nothing better to do than to complain about others who have gotten off their asses and done something! Get a life of your own!

GTJem

Well, this is my final response to this scum.

I guess you are right I am a twelve year old that doesn't know the physics of car handling nor how to race them. The only problem with that is this my friend, I have been racing cars for well over 9 years now with a win percentage of about 61% in autocrossing in the events I invovle myself in. As for more credentials for you, I have a Bachelors in electronic engineering and a few certifications in computers based off unix. Currently I am working for a car dealership VW and loving a job where I actually produce real goods to make cash. Maybe I was a little harsh to you and I apologize. But robbing a little kid who knows no better over settings that are pretty much posted for free has no place in this world. Mentioned earlier by you stating I was a 12 year old, this is what I think. You are some dude who runs servers from your house, maybe you pay for webspace or maybe you host it off a computer at work. You are probably some lonely 20 something guy that couldn't get a date for the life of you. Even if you did have a significant other, I believe if they knew about you doing this, I bet they would look into your eyes with disgrace. Listen man. We can both go back and forth like this forever, but after stating my opinion and e-mailing you about what a croc of **** this service is, have a heartly **** you and have a nice day.

Back