More on GT Sport's Mysterious "Mileage" System

As i said in a previous thread, the more you drive a car, the more mileage you can earn to upgrade the power ratio to make the performance better.

the more you drive a car, the more mileage you can earn
The only time we've seen Mileage points being awarded are for passing offline driving tests.
to upgrade the power ratio to make the performance better.
The only time we've seen Mileage points being spent was to make the potential BOP adjustment wider - from a 493hp-591hp range to a 444hp-640hp range - not just higher.

But both of these things are in the article you just replied to.

Seems abit arcadey to me, I can't help think but doesn't this just put the aliens at a huge advantage over everybody else if the matchmaking isn't perfect? The way I see it is the aliens will be able to get better "Mi" through sheer skill therefore having more choice when it comes to having the best possible BOP in each class of car for online.

Looks like even when it's in KM, the Mileage multiplier is still 10 times the miles traveled, and rounded up.

Screenshots show 15.4km = 9.56miles he gets 100 Mileage points
3.3km = 2 miles he gets 20 mileage points

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 8.25.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 8.25.37 AM.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 8.26.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 8.26.39 AM.png
    29 KB · Views: 93
MMX
Looks like even when it's in KM, the Mileage multiplier is still 10 times the miles traveled, and rounded up.

Screenshots show 15.4km = 9.56miles he gets 100 Mileage points
3.3km = 2 miles he gets 20 mileage points

Not here:

Screenshot_20170731-135801.png

Why are you posting links to these videos? I shouldn't have to watch 15 minutes of video to figure out what point you're trying to make.

The topic was on earning mileage points following a race - so I'm not sure why you would watch the entire 15 minutes of video to see the mileage points. I figured someone who saw the post would just skip straight to the end of the race.

Besides, it's new footage of night gameplay, so its worth a watch anyway.

Nevertheless, I updated my post with the exact times 👍

This Mi kinda reminds me of GT5s skill or driver level depending on the race & the PP of your car if i'm not mistaken.
But it seems to be an alternative version of it ?
As we knew in GT5 - each car needs a certain level to be ( maybe even to be bought ) driven.

Driver level is still there tho. This is a new system to, at least, unlock a car's BoP output level / max range.

Driver level is still there tho. This is a new system to, at least, unlock a car's BoP output level / max range.
I remembered something funny XD
The oil change tends to increase HP for both new & used cars - once bought in GT5 X)
So - is this like some sort of engine break-in after driving - an almost zero driven distance - for the new car ?
While i could be wrong in this expectation but just liked to point out my thoughts.

My guess? You can buy miles. Microtransactions.

If Milage points were so valuable, why would PD pack credits with special editions of the game instead? We don't get a single M point with especial editions or pre ordering the game.

If Milage points were so valuable, why would PD pack credits with special editions of the game instead? We don't get a single M point with especial editions or pre ordering the game.
They've probably incorporated both forms of point accumulation into the game. Credits buys you cars, mileage unlocks levels or power and other things. You can buy the cars and drive them but until you drive a certain distance you can't unlock it's full tuning potential. It's a way of forcing you into gameplay, another version of grinding.

They've probably incorporated both forms of point accumulation into the game. Credits buys you cars, mileage unlocks levels or power and other things. You can buy the cars and drive them but until you drive a certain distance you can't unlock it's full tuning potential. It's a way of forcing you into gameplay, another version of grinding.

So in other words it foces you to drive online?

At a certain point you hope that someone who knows the facts as they are (e.g. PD themselves) just clarifies the purpose of a certain feature. I wrote it already months ago that a lot is based on assumptions and speculation which also has it charm on its own. That results in loads of forum chat which is good :)

Also this seems to be a (free, gratuit, gratis) pre release puzzle game we have to solve ourselves and when we bring all the info together we might understand what the purpose of this mileage/frequent flyer feature maybe will finally result in? But who has the real answer?

Seems abit arcadey to me, I can't help think but doesn't this just put the aliens at a huge advantage over everybody else if the matchmaking isn't perfect? The way I see it is the aliens will be able to get better "Mi" through sheer skill therefore having more choice when it comes to having the best possible BOP in each class of car for online.

If a BoP is enforced for an online race, you cannot use power and weight adjustment sliders anyway. They are at a fixed level then.

Looks to me that these mileage credits have very little impact on the game. They seem to be an attempt to get people to actually complete the license tests (if that's the only place you can earn them). The range that is offered to adapt power and weight is just arbitrary to begin with, so it doesn't make much difference, if it's slightly less wide.

Mileage Exchange
Mileage Store
I'm guessing it's a second form of currency in the game, one that will get you a different set of things? From what I can tell so far though, it doesn't seem to replace any currency system that we saw in GT6, so maybe it's like bonus points?

Mmmmm it looks like maybe you can change mileage for credits or tunning cars (for example you can get X amount of miles and decide between increase turbo or LSD)

Back