Motivemag review of GT5P

• Thread starter Turbosmx
  • 15 comments
Interesting what the reviewer mentions at the end, that all of our cars and money will carry over into the full game. I had not heard this before, and when I searched for something else about it, I came up with nothing.

Can anyone confirm this?

The gt5p website had a live chat with a few of the people from pd and they said the same thing. You could probably still find the transcripts on the ps3 web site.

Interesting what the reviewer mentions at the end, that all of our cars and money will carry over into the full game. I had not heard this before, and when I searched for something else about it, I came up with nothing.
Can anyone confirm this?
KY already said that GT5P is a 50% complete version of GT5, and that through updates and DLC, GT5P will eventually turn into GT5.
So yeah, it makes sense that garages and money are carried over.

KY already said that GT5P is a 50% complete version of GT5, and that through updates and DLC, GT5P will eventually turn into GT5.

I just want to buy lots and lots of aftermarket parts. A LOT! I want to be able to pick out my racing seat, and pick out the color. I want to be able to see and choose the color of my rollcage. I want to be able to SEE the new exhaust on my car.

Prologue isn't good enough to be 50%....I demand a massive improvement!

I was pretty sure about the money since it is limited to 2 Million but that cars can be taken to GT5 aswell sounds pretty nice. So I will buy some more F1 (got 2 already) to have a nice money start in GT5 :D

This is also news to me, any link to an article where he says this?

I hope this is not the case, I'd like a lot more than 6 more tracks and 70 more cars for the final game. There's PLENTY of room for improvement over prologue, as much fun as it already is

I wish this was true

I would love for PD to release a pack of about a dozen cars per month, and 1 new track every 2 months with little updates adding things like tire wear, fuel, new offline and online events. Those without an internet connection can purchase blu-ray disc 'expansions' that include 6 months worth of updates

However I think the pricing will get rediculous. Motorstorm charges $1 for single car. Now calculate how much the above would cost

I had read a summary of an interview in a french blog.
This is an excerpt of the original interview :
The improvements in GT5 Prologue over the launch day-released GT HD are huge. How close is GT5 Prologue to GT5 overall?

Yamauchi: In terms of quality and features of the game, and in terms of functionality, GT5 Prologue will ultimately reach an equivalent level to GT5. I think the major difference between Prologue and GT5 will be the number of cars and courses that will be included within the game, in that there will be many more.

Not exactly what the french blog mentioned. It's not "turn into" but "reach an equivalent level".

gt53_center.jpg

How did the player pass the 2 million border? When I got the F2007 there was a message that I can't have more than 2.000.000 credits.

How did the player pass the 2 million border? When I got the F2007 there was a message that I can't have more than 2.000.000 credits.

That is a mystery worth investigating.

Just like you, it won't give me any more credits once I reach 2M.

As far as transfering cars, if it is true that all the cars in your garage will transfer over, one way to get past the 2 million credit limit is to stock up on F2007 cars and then sell them after you transfer your garage over to GT5. Granted you'll only be getting back a quarter on the dollar, but at $500,000 per F2007, it would be possible to tranfer more than 75 million credits.

For me, I've already bought all the cars in GT5P that I want, so now, each time I reach 2M credits I'll keep buying F2007 cars with the intention of selling them later. Otherwise, once you're at 2M, you don't get any more credits, so might as well buy something with them. :)

gt53_center.jpg

Thats the Japanese version, which credits follow Japanese style currency. Also note the news icon, which I know atleast PAL version does not have.

Back