MotoGP 21 - 22nd April

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 15 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
MotoGP 21 is now up for pre-order with a release date of April 22nd.

The website has been updated as well.

https://motogpvideogame.com/

MotoGP 21 Steam Info.jpg

Last edited:
You know, it's really weird, I love and follow the series, and I've bought the last several MotoGP games, and there's nothing really to dislike about any of them (2020 was pretty well done, I thought), but I can't seem to really get engaged with them to the point where I just can't wait to fire it up on Saturday. Not sure why that is, exactly.

I am, however, a sucker who will probably buy it anyway. It sure sounds promising.

I picked it up for the Series X, but as soon as I started doing practise laps for the first race of a career (starting with Moto 3) I found a random bug where your bike acts as if it has hit a wall just going down the start/finish straight. Decided to stick it to one side for now as it could seriously disrupt any races. I've reported it to them, but as is usual with Milestone, they thank the people praising the game and completely ignore those pointing out problems.

I guess
I picked it up for the Series X, but as soon as I started doing practise laps for the first race of a career (starting with Moto 3) I found a random bug where your bike acts as if it has hit a wall just going down the start/finish straight. Decided to stick it to one side for now as it could seriously disrupt any races. I've reported it to them, but as is usual with Milestone, they thank the people praising the game and completely ignore those pointing out problems.

I guess he wasn't blown away by the graphics

I seen a few streams of MotoGP 21 on Twitch this past weekend. Game looks great with a lot of customization options.

Decided to have another go on this before. Stuck with Moto 3 for now as I haven't played a Moto GP game in a while and wanted to get used to the tracks that I haven't raced before.

Left TC on setting 5 I believe it is, which I think is the maximum, but as usual it really hampers your ability to accelerate out of corners. I do like the power option - is that something new? Doing the first race and I stuck it on power level 3 without even thinking about fuel usage and sure enough I ran out of fuel half way around the last lap. I decided to restart the race and it's actually pretty cool balancing the fuel usage with trying to catch the leaders.

It seems to run at nice solid 60fps - which I guess it really should so on these new machines! Trackside detail seems a bit lacking so far though. But I suppose modelling all those bikes is a big hog on graphics resources - 22 bikes on track which is nice. But as is usual with Milestone, everything looks a little too "clean". I had a quick look at the next track in the season, Argentina, and the main building where the pits are, is just this huge swathe of not-quite-correct red compared to the real thing and with no wear and tear on it. It all looks a bit videogamey so far, and not as realistic as their promotional stuff looks (surprise surprise) but maybe later tracks will look better.

It reminds me of Forza in that regard. They always seem to use an odd colour palette that lets you know it's a videogame. Can't quite explain what it is, but it doesn't look "gritty"

This is all based on about 30 minutes play so will need to get further into it. Interestingly I didn't encounter that crash bug once this time though.

I mean it looks like good support on paper but a lot of this feels like it should just be in the game when it launches.

Seems to be the norm these days sadly. I get that Covid meant that companies had to work from home, which must be a nightmare when a team is trying to put a game together. But it feels like that is how it will always be moving forward now. Apart from Cyberpunk, nothing has really bitten a dev/publisher in the backside for releasing an unfinished game.

Ive done a few quick races up to now,not really had chance to have a proper go at career mode yet but right now im liking what i see.The only gripe for me is being able to blast past 3 or 4 people,including Ducatis,on the long straights when im riding one of the`slower`bikes like suzuki for example.Hopefully career mode AI will be a bit different maybe.
Overall im glad i bought it,played the original Ride and enjoyed that aswell,i know that was an older game and maybe a poor comparison but this is on another level altogether,looks great on the ps5 too.Just my 2 pennys worth.👍

Just trying a little of motogp again, im on 19 still, no aids, jesus oh mighty i never had to focus so hard i think in a game to just try do a proper lap lol.
I know the braking is easier maybe than in 21, not sure if all is harder still in 21 lol.
But jesus , i mean I'm glad it is such hardcore if you set all as hard as can be, and i only have to set electronic aids on modern bikes too if i wanted.
But it is demanding hehe, not sure if ill get good enough or have to bend a little and set a little bit of electronic aid at least.

But older bikes, it's just game options aids you can set,which im not about to do lol, not to my taste to do that.
Oh well, curious how 20 and 21 handle in comparison.
I only remember for now that braking and endos are much harder to control in the newer games.

Im guessing career is the same, except for damage, fuel, maybe brake wear.

Edit: well i just did laps on soft and it's a big difference, manageable in comparisons to other tires, phew.
Edit2: have to say the riding feels alot more involving than in ride3. I like the more hardcore sim style.

Last edited:
Back