MotoGP 23

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 37 comments
PS4/PS5 to bad

:lol: Guess we gonna have to wait till the PS6 comes out to MAYBE see support for PS4/XB1 finally be drop. :lol:

Last edited:
I wouldn't bank on it - FIFA 14 was still released on PS2 after all! Actually I think the thing with the new consoles is that although they launched over two years ago, its only really the last six months that they've been widely available. So that's pushed everything back in terms of ditching the old gen. It doesn't make sense to release a game for a console only 20% of the target market actually owns if they're all still on PS4.

I'm looking forward to MotoGP 23 but gave to admit I'm gutted they don't seem to be continuing the old season feature - having the full 09 season in 22 was amazing, and I really hoped for 2010 in the next one, or maybe another classic year like 06 or something. But it seems not.

Got it downloaded and have to say that so far, so good. It's like a Madden update but they have tweaked the bikes a bit, ie., when you lean into a turn and then get back on the throttle the bike wants to stand up - like IRL. The career has been changed up a bit to include rivals but don't have much into that aspect yet, although it seems to be similar to the F1 game from when they introduced it. Which is great as the career was getting a bit stale. This should help some... time will tell, but I love the bike games and will play regardless.

Read the review on traxion site, they say it's a good step forward this time, but from all i read, there seems to be many little things about the riding itself, the ai, etc that i dont see as a plus.
And their major steps forward seem pretty minimal for me as well.
We'll see.
They should give a demo..

If they give a demo, you wouldn't buy it. 😂

And I see your point, in general, like the change I gave above - it's too much, the bike stands up when you get on throttle, which is right, but not. It is too exaggerated for me... but meh, it's an attempt to make it better and it's a game, a video game. So I'll play it cuz I like them and I waste money on dumber crap than this.

If they give a demo, you wouldn't buy it. 😂

And I see your point, in general, like the change I gave above - it's too much, the bike stands up when you get on throttle, which is right, but not. It is too exaggerated for me... but meh, it's an attempt to make it better and it's a game, a video game. So I'll play it cuz I like them and I waste money on dumber crap than this.
Hehe, hey there, how's it going..
Well why not? A demo of one track, one bike, just doing quick races.

Most demos make me want a game, i dont know..
You got the game already i guess.😁

Yesterday I subscribed to PS Plus Extra, and first downloaded this game.
But it's hard, very hard to get familiar with it, specially when you don't know most of the tracks...
But graphics are just great, here is first screenshot:

18d66925d6f37-screenshotUrl.jpg

I tried to get along with this game but it’s almost impossible to keep up with the AI when going anywhere near the throttle causes you to go straight on
I get that bikes will naturally want to stand up under acceleration (Torque ‘n’ all dat), but why does it just make me go straight?

I tried to get along with this game but it’s almost impossible to keep up with the AI when going anywhere near the throttle causes you to go straight on
I get that bikes will naturally want to stand up under acceleration (Torque ‘n’ all dat), but why does it just make me go straight?

Give this a watch. And yes, it can be very frustrating. I did this and it doesn't get rid of the on throttle understeer, but it does help a lot.

Also, for this one, I run the difficulty around the 70-75% strength - even though From MotoGP 18-21 I was right around 90-100% Ai strength. I don't remember what I used on MotoGP 22, though...

Honestly, 23 is the game I've played the least in the last 5-6 years... I miss the historical stuff, and a couple of the new(er) tracks just not a fan of. On the flip side, if you like (love) MotoGP, this is the only ticket.

Still not ready for racing, or if you want, I'm all alone at the back... :D
In Rookie mode I'm losing too much time, while Classic is already too demanding.

But here is new screenshot, now with Yamaha:

18d6bba2a2d21-screenshotUrl.jpg

Also, for this one, I run the difficulty around the 70-75% strength - even though From MotoGP 18-21 I was right around 90-100% Ai strength. I don't remember what I used on MotoGP 22, though...

Honestly, 23 is the game I've played the least in the last 5-6 years... I miss the historical stuff, and a couple of the new(er) tracks just not a fan of. On the flip side, if you like (love) MotoGP, this is the only ticket.
I loved the 2009 season in 22, was gutted they moved away from that immediately and the lack of historical stuff sucks. 23 is still good, but it’s really inessential unless you’re desperate for the up to date liveries.

24 will be interesting….for me they really need to shake it up a bit. Another copy & paste won’t cut it.

No historic bikes is a dealbreaker just like in F1 series…I have to admit that the Ride series took over my biking slot though 🥳
Nothing wrong with that, and don't blame you, there's a lot of variety in Ride...
I've even jumped back into playing SBK22 here and there. I actually dig that game a little more than MotoGP 23... just wish it had all the classes in it and wasn't so bare bones.

I really like SBK22 and wish it had sold enough to make it a yearly thing - but Milestone messed it up by not putting the effort in. Shame. I still play it, it’s really nice, arguably more fun than the MotoGP games.

Nothing wrong with that, and don't blame you, there's a lot of variety in Ride...
I've even jumped back into playing SBK22 here and there. I actually dig that game a little more than MotoGP 23... just wish it had all the classes in it and wasn't so bare bones.
Hey Barry, how do you feel about motogp22 vs 19? Is it a worthy upgrade to it if you like 19 quite a lot?

Hey Barry, how do you feel about motogp22 vs 19? Is it a worthy upgrade to it if you like 19 quite a lot?
22 is good, braking a bit wonky, or gettin' there. I like 19 a lot... I like having the new liveries and correct riders - but if that doesn't bother you - I would say stick with 19 for now.

I was wondering why is AI so fast, and then found in settings that is on hard...
Put it on easy and started career.
Now I can enjoy the game, bcs I wasn't ready for hard, and assisted driving was too slow for hard.
Drove 3 races in Moto3, then signed for Moto2 Kenwood team.

Here is my bike/suit livery and one shot from Moto3:

18ddce47c8b77-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ddce45fd951-screenshotUrl.jpg

24 announced today out early May. It sounds.. ..roughly the same again. When they're making a big deal of small things like a career mode rider market, it just screams to me that it's going to be the same game again.

24 announced today out early May. It sounds.. ..roughly the same again. When they're making a big deal of small things like a career mode rider market, it just screams to me that it's going to be the same game again.
Agree, but...

They finally got permission from Dorna to have a rider market where riders can switch teams. I know it's not a big deal to anyone playing F1, but this is nice for this game and will help with extend and broaden the career mode. One of the reasons I always got bored with it was that, didn't matter what series you were in, the riders all stayed in the same team - there was no change.

Now, riders will move a bit. have to wait and see how it's implemented, but I welcome it. I also think it's a pretty big deal that Ai riders can now get penalties and the such (like cancelled quali laps, etc...). That has been the frustration with the LLP, and even the bike retrieval system - it was only enforced on the Human player, so basically you had to just turn those features off... Again, have to see how well it's implemented and processed in game versus all the riders player/Ai... but I'm pretty excited. It's frustrating playing a game where the Ai rider in front of you goes off the track every lap and nothing happens, whereas if you do the same (with long lap penalty on) you get your warnings then a LLP infraction.

I mean really, some people get all gooey because there's a new Madden coming, or WRC fill in the number, or FIFA game - which is great... I mean honestly, when was the last BIG change to a Madden NFL game? I quit playing the WRC series after, I think, 8 (and it was REALLY a good game, enjoyed it)... so I guess I just don't know what you were expecting. You know?

Looking at your avatar you might be more excited with 4 wheel games anyway. ;)

Nah, I'm a longtime MotoGP player and in terms of the actual sport I'd say MotoGP is probably my #1 motorsport these days. I just found MotoGP23 very hard to love. The last one I really loved was probably 19 - although I enjoyed 22 as well but mainly because of the superb, never repeated historical mode where they included the entire 2009 season. In terms of the actual riding mechanics etc I just think this is a series in desperate need of a bigger refresh although I totally get what you say about these being potentially good additions. Here's hoping.

it's funny you mention 19 and 22... by far my favorites of the recent releases.
And yes, you are a 150% correct about the historical stuff in the previous titles - honestly best part of the game, of those that had it...

Actually I think my favourite one overall is still 17, the last one using the old game engine. It just felt right, simple and well tuned. None of the rubber banding of Valentino Rossi The Game, not far too easy like 15. Simple, bug free and fun. But since the new engine 19 and then 22 were good. I was fully expecting 23 to include the 2010 season to follow on from 22, and not only did it not but there was no historical content at all - which is probably why I took against it tbh.

Last edited:
Back