• Yeah, that would rock!

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • Hell no! GT is about cars!

Votes: 99 57.9%
  • Don't care..

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? I'd say the poll would indicate the exact opposite.

If you want bikes buy a bike game.

32% want bikes according to the poll, and if that number is representative of the whole GT5 community then it could possibly suggest that 32% of the 7 million customers who have bought GT5 would potentially be buyers of a TT DLC. That is more than an incentive for PD to either work on a new TT game on slot it in as DLC.

Nothing wrong with more content as long as it's the right content.

Car content yes. Tracks yes. Bikes no. Otherwise why stop there?

Lets have some speedboats and space ships. They are, after all, content.

Its hardly fair to compare motorcycles with speedboats and spaceships. I only ever recall once instants when a motorcycle was compared to a speedboat (and an F1 car) never an occasion with a spaceship.

I could say the same about F1, if you want more F1 cars go buy an F1 game, did not stop PD including an F1 car as well as Rally cars, GT500/GT300 Super touring Cars, DTM and so on.

I think a road Ducati has more right to compete and share track space with a road Ferrari than a NASCAR does with a rally car or a fiat 500 with an X-wing.

Cars and bikes share the real roads where we drive on as well as the Nurburgring and have been compared on race tracks for many years many times over. Its only safety/regs that stops them racing with each other officially. (not that I would want that) but that is the whole point of a game and what is special about GT, you can compare the unlikely with each other.

Of course, before we see bikes I would like GT5 to be fixed up. That has been the biggest problem with it, as many car classes have been added but not utilized properly.

Tired Tyres
Nothing wrong with more content as long as it's the right content.

Car content yes. Tracks yes. Bikes no. Otherwise why stop there?

Lets have some speedboats and space ships. They are, after all, content.

That logic is so painfully flawed, as others have mentioned I'm sure. Perfect example of people blowing things way out of proportion. I would love to use and illustration but I really can't think of anything more absurd then what he said.

32% want bikes according to the poll, and if that number is representative of the whole GT5 community then it could possibly suggest that 32% of the 7 million customers who have bought GT5 would potentially be buyers of a TT DLC. That is more than an incentive for PD to either work on a new TT game on slot it in as DLC.

Well for one thing 57% don't want bikes. How does that make 32% right?

Secondly, how many people who bought GT5 still play it? How many of them actually buy DLC?

Unless we know the answers to these questions we don't know how likely bike DLC would be.

That logic is so painfully flawed, as others have mentioned I'm sure. Perfect example of people blowing things way out of proportion. I would love to use and illustration but I really can't think of anything more absurd then what he said.

Your missing my point. I was answering a post asking why any new content is a bad thing. That was a demonstration of why some content would be bad by nature. Sorry for any confusion.

Tired Tyres

Secondly, how many people who bought GT5 still play it? How many of them actually buy DLC?

Unless we know the answers to these questions we don't know how likely bike DLC would be.

Your missing my point. I was answering a post asking why any new content is a bad thing. That was a demonstration of why some content would be bad by nature. Sorry for any confusion.

You compared adding motorcycles to a racing game to adding boats, only natural a few people would call you out on it.

Its just an example, of course because 32% want bikes in GT5 it does not mean 32% of GT5 players will buy it either as DLC or a full game. Wanting and actually buying are 2 different things. I want a Ducati Panigale but I wont be buying one.

If the same questions was "should Twing Ring Motegi be DLC" I am sure you would have many disagreeing and many vowing not to buy it. You only need to go look at the threads out there already with people complaining and people vowing not the buy it. This did not stop PD from releasing it as DLC as it looks like enough people bought it making it financially viable for PD to put the effort into creating it.

The same could be said about TT DLC or a new game. In the end though it will be money that makes the decision.

Poll is too limited anyway, too many "yes with an if"s and "no with a but"s.

I don't actually want bikes in gt5, but that doesn't mean I don't want bikes full stop/period.
I would much, much rather have a seperate game, TT2, BUT, if bikes were a dlc add on, I would buy in an instant.

I want a Ducati Panigale but I wont be buying one.

I want a Ducati Panigale too .. and brolly dolly dlc ..

on a balance of probability, Tourist Trophy dlc for GT5 at least has a chance, and I'd be willing to wager it'd not only outsell any single previous dlc but also result in a huge increase of sales for the original GT5 game.

That depends on the DLC though. If it's big, like an expansion disc used to be, then I can see it outselling all the other DLC combined. It would add entire new game mode with lots to do.

If it's just a few bikes and the odd track, like the current DLC, I can't see it selling anywhere near as much as the existing DLC.

Why? GT is and always has been a car nuts game not a bike nuts game.

As for TT2, PD is a just not a big enough developer to service two game franchises.

motorcycles..why not but first i want to have a perfect Gran Turismo 6. with alots of tracks, cars ( all premium ) and other great things ( may an event editor )

motorcycles..why not but first i want to have a perfect Gran Turismo 6. with alots of tracks, cars ( all premium ) and other great things ( may an event editor )

Would you be so kind as to not talk about GT6 in the GT5 forum?

Er...because 57% might be wrong? Whether a majority wants something or not doesn't make it therefor automatically a better idea just because the number is bigger, that's why I don't read these polls at all especially since they don't have any effect on what we're actually getting (and because I often don't agree with any majority on any subject).

Dunno why people oppose including bikes to be honest, if a separate TT2 title was released it would take much more time developing I'd imagine than just creating and adding bikes as optional DLC content with limited use like the karts/Ferrari F1's do, just an extra selection screen added to the Standard and Premium tabs perhaps and extra online filtering options (if that's even necessary).

If developing time isn't an issue (like GT6 is more important than TT2 which isn't shared by me) and instead of a separate disc it's available as DLC (perhaps additional to a separate game) where you can download a (again optional) TT-Life pack just like there currently is GT-Life (basically importing TT2 as a separate gamemode into GT5), that again wouldn't 'pollute' GT5's initial content.

Both options would already ensure you wouldn't come in contact with any bikes whatsoever if you don't want to, unless you're so unreasonable to demand they don't work on bike-related content at all, and hey don't look at me, PD are the ones who released the original TT and many 'crave' for a sequel.
And there's a reason they chose bikes and not speedboats, spaceships or washing machines.

Look at my previous post.

PD have something like 150-160 people.

They just can't even remotely keep everyone happy, they just aren't big enough to support two franchises or keep both car fans and bike fans happy.

You know what it will be like.

On one hand. Every bit of bike DLC is bad because it's not cars. :banghead:

On the other hand. Every bit of car DLC is bad because it's not bikes. :banghead:

CorvetteConquer
Well said, CC! :)

Another fine point. :sly:

Did you really quote yourself, and then pat yourself on the back?

To your point about not properly implementing any racing series in GT, that is very much true. They should focus on a couple types of cars / series and make it awesome. That is precisely why implementing motorcycles is the perfect time right now. People act like motorcycles would be too difficult to do properly, but they forget that PD already made a spectacular motorcycle game. TT was based on GT4's engine, which most people on here seem to hold as the gold standard. PD has never done a NASCAR game, or a F1 game, or Rally, and so on. PD has already pulled off motorcycles and done it quite well, and that is precisely why this would be as good a time as any to bring motorcycles to the world of GT.

Did you really quote yourself, and then pat yourself on the back?

To your point about not properly implementing any racing series in GT, that is very much true. They should focus on a couple types of cars / series and make it awesome. That is precisely why implementing motorcycles is the perfect time right now. People act like motorcycles would be too difficult to do properly, but they forget that PD already made a spectacular motorcycle game. TT was based on GT4's engine, which most people on here seem to hold as the gold standard. PD has never done a NASCAR game, or a F1 game, or Rally, and so on. PD has already pulled off motorcycles and done it quite well, and that is precisely why this would be as good a time as any to bring motorcycles to the world of GT.

agreed 👍

All I see is more reason for people to complain. "wtf, i don want dam bieks, were's mah premium bugatti???!!!"

ch3ng
This isn't your game it's for everyone. For some people motorcycle have a place in GT5 or future GT games.

No, incorrect! For a tiny minority bikes would be welcome. For the vast majority (me included) bikes would ruin this game and therefore have no place in a 'driving' game.

mrkevans
No, incorrect! For a tiny minority bikes would be welcome. For the vast majority (me included) bikes would ruin this game and therefore have no place in a 'driving' game.

Do you know every person of the 7 million GT5 players? Great.

Bikes have no place in a driving game? Motorcycle are part of the racing in the real world. Livery are part of the real world.

Oh and i notice

more content isn't ruin the game if the quality is good.
I don't like NASCAR, but i don't think it's ruin the game. It's more content.

I think motorcycle are good , but PD should work on other things first.

And pls read my post again. i said SOME.

ch3ng
This isn't your game it's for everyone. For some people motorcycle have a place in GT5 or future GT games.

Last edited:
ZZ-II

Exactly, as sick as motorcycles would be, GT is not ready to expand like that. They need to get a car game working before they add motorcycles to the mix. However, I don't see the point in making a tt2 if it can be added to say gt6, consolidation would make it more convenient and more interesting.

Look at my previous post.

PD have something like 150-160 people.

They just can't even remotely keep everyone happy, they just aren't big enough to support two franchises or keep both car fans and bike fans happy.

You know what it will be like.

On one hand. Every bit of bike DLC is bad because it's not cars. :banghead:

On the other hand. Every bit of car DLC is bad because it's not bikes. :banghead:

And what is the situation right now? Oh yeah, every bit of DLC is bad because it's not something else.

You're basically saying that because bike fans will selfishly covet all of PD's attention, and car fans will do the same, that PD should only cater to the car fans. Sounds fair.

Back