Motorcycles in GT6?

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 1,257 comments
It would be nice, but PD would have to do a completely different physics engine for the bikes handling, and I think that's just impractical. I'd rather they put their time into new cars and tracks.

I'll say it again:

Tourist Trophy 2!!!

While it would be nice to drive cars and bikes on the same track, I still feel that GT should remain only about cars, bikes should remain in TT...

And talking about bikes, I cannot resist posting this video :dopey:

mattythedog
It would be nice, but PD would have to do a completely different physics engine for the bikes handling, and I think that's just impractical. I'd rather they put their time into new cars and tracks.

Exactly

zedextreme8177
I'll say it again:

Tourist Trophy 2!!!

Been no mention of this, so I would opt for cars / bikes within the same sim. They have already done a decent job with both separately using the same game engine. Why not merge the two and expand their market and make things better for everyone involved with GT.

Not only highly impractical, but it would also take away their attention from improvements in their car line-up.

Not to sound like a bike hater, but I don't feel that bikes belong in GT. First make the Gran Turismo that we all want and then, maybe, work in a separate title like Turist Trophy's sequel.

Cars and motorcycles use the same physics.

This would be a good idea as putting cars and bikes in the same game would probably save time and money, and also greatly increase gameplay options. I'm not interested in motorcycles myself, but plenty of people are.

HuskyGT
Not only highly impractical, but it would also take away their attention from improvements in their car line-up.

Not to sound like a bike hater, but I don't feel that bikes belong in GT. First make the Gran Turismo that we all want and then, maybe, work in a separate title like Turist Trophy's sequel.

I agree let's get one thing right before we start in another direction.

This. I don't have anything against bikes, but PD should focus on cars for GT6, then do a Tourist Trophy sequel if they want to feature bikes.

I want them combined. It would be a great game, and also expand the games life span. Project Gotham tried, I'm sure PD could accomplish it.

I'll really love to have bikes in GT, but for now PD should focus on GT6 with cars. Lets have Cars vs Bikes in GT7 where the new engine will be remade. :)

Cars and motorcycles should only share the track for free runs

RingsideSeatBikesVsCars01.jpg

And I dont want to see it happen until this is for sale at a decent price

29-1.jpg

- Agreed. TT(2) should have motorcycles only, and GT(6), cars only.

This, Gran Turismo is "The real driving simulator", not " The real riding simulator".

Though I don't mind motorcycles, keep them out of Gran Turismo.

Exorcet
Leave it up to the players. There's no reason why the two can't share a track during a race. It's even happened in real life on many occasions.

I'm not sure where though?

Where do you guys get the idea that it's highly impractical or that they'd have to use different physics? Last I heard they could just add motorcycles into GT5 whenever they want, depending on people's interest. That certainly doesn't sound like the fact that adding bikes is going to be a painful process. I'm pretty sure when they showed that GThd demo, the motorcylces and cars were running on the same physics. Plus, Kaz has emphasized many times that everything in the game (road, rally, kart, drift) are all running under one physics engine. Not only that, think about how fast they pulled of Tourist Trophy after GT4. So how is it really impractical?

Putting bikes in the GT franchise would be another step to advancing the GT franchise. Not everyone likes bikes, but it might be similar with people complaining about standard cars in the game, but end up using them many times. It also goes well with the fact that we could now choose our racing gears.

Besides, would you really want a separate Tourist Trophy game? Like the first one, it would probably contain all of the SAME tracks from the "cars" version, with the only difference of it having motorcycles in the game and not cars. Why not just combine them both? I doubt they would add much unique "bike" tracks, if any, and if they do, that would just take a lot of time and money outside of the main franchise.

Would be amusing to see a car smash into a stationary motorbike at 200mph only for the motorbike to not move an inch and the cars doors to fall off. Can see it now.

Lets wait until PD can get the car bit right first before they start adding bikes.

Once all the car sounds are sorted.

All cars made premium.

All tracks are modelled to a premium standard.

Leaderboards are added.

AI is decent.

Aspec is decent.

Livery editor added.

They can do what they like. Add rockets, boats, spaceships and monster trucks for all I care.

*Sigh* PD can even make cars go through bikes like ghosts like they did with GTHD, so you won't have riders getting rammed by drivers...

Where do you guys get the idea that it's highly impractical or that they'd have to use different physics? Last I heard they could just add motorcycles into GT5 whenever they want, depending on people's interest. That certainly doesn't sound like the fact that adding bikes is going to be a painful process. I'm pretty sure when they showed that GThd demo, the motorcylces and cars were running on the same physics. Plus, Kaz has emphasized many times that everything in the game (road, rally, kart, drift) are all running under one physics engine. Not only that, think about how fast they pulled of Tourist Trophy after GT4. So how is it really impractical?

Putting bikes in the GT franchise would be another step to advancing the GT franchise. Not everyone likes bikes, but it might be similar with people complaining about standard cars in the game, but end up using them many times. It also goes well with the fact that we could now choose our racing gears.

Besides, would you really want a separate Tourist Trophy game? Like the first one, it would probably contain all of the SAME tracks from the "cars" version, with the only difference of it having motorcycles in the game and not cars. Why not just combine them both? I doubt they would add much unique "bike" tracks, if any, and if they do, that would just take a lot of time and money outside of the main franchise.

Time constraints. It's going to be hard enough for PD just to get all of the cars people want, and no doubt there will be plenty of people disappointed with the car count/selection regardless of their efforts. No need to make things even worse because PD took time away from cars to put some bikes in the game.

Car/bike racing has pretty much been limited to special one time events (Top Gear, etc). Not the same thing as FIA GT or anything, but it has happened and GT isn't limited to professional, organization sanctioned races. Mixed racing would fit in well with GT's special events and online.

No I think they should stay out, maybe that pd should take the gt5 take all the cars out, replace them with a few different style of bikes and release it as a motorcycle game

Back