Motorcycles in GT6?

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 1,257 comments
These requests are never ending and silly, if they add bikes they might as well add dirt bikes. Why not dune buggies too? Dakar anyone? Or, how about drag bikes... etc. etc.

I'd like semi trucks with a dock area for licensing tests, maybe a few fork lifts and pallet jacks to practice unloading 👍

These requests are never ending and silly, if they add bikes they might as well add dirt bikes. Why not dune buggies too? Dakar anyone? Or, how about drag bikes... etc. etc.

I'd like semi trucks with a dock area for licensing tests, maybe a few fork lifts and pallet jacks to practice unloading 👍

What a splendid idea!! :cheers:

arora

Is that really a dignified response? PD has already done motorcycles, and done them quite well! So it is not some unfounded out of left field request.

How bummed would you be if you found out PD was releasing Tourist Trophy 2 before GT6? Any time spent modeling cars at this point is time not modeling motorcycles. So the car only guys can sit tight for a while.

Lets now discuss about a powerboat simulator.

I've not played a good one of those in a long time!

Loving the openness in here, so warm. Either we get TT2 (great) or we get bikes in GT (also great) - not really much to be done about it.

EDIT:

Yep, sounds fantastic. 👍
The loading unloading might be a step too far; it's been done well elsewhere, but whatever floats your boat. ;)

Last edited:
Whaa? What I meant was, it won't take as long as to model a bike, since most of the detail and time spent on cars is due to their interiors.

300 Premiums? This is the GT6 section.

That's all obvious though. And this isn't about GT5.

No one is arguing that it takes as long to model a bike as a car. The fact is that we have less than 300 premiums in GT5 right now. If PD is going to add to that car count for GT6 and get a decent figure, then they don’t need to be worrying about bikes at all. Time spent modeling bikes is time not spent on modeling cars. This fact is inescapable.

No one is arguing that it takes as long to model a bike as a car. The fact is that we have less than 300 premiums in GT5 right now. If PD is going to add to that car count for GT6 and get a decent figure, then they don’t need to be worrying about bikes at all. Time spent modeling bikes is time not spent on modeling cars. This fact is inescapable.

So? As already said, a TT sequel is more-than-likely coming. Get over it! :P

No one is arguing that it takes as long to model a bike as a car.

Actually it could take as long to model a bike as a car, they obviously don't have to model a separate interior but the exposed details on a lot of bikes probably takes as much time to model (if not more) than a relatively smooth car exterior.

I don't disagree with everything else. I'm pointing out that since it won't take as long to model A bike as it would to model A car, it won't take as much work away from modelling cars as you're making it seem. I'm sure when people are asking for motorcycles in GT6 they're not saying we need +100 of them like in Tourist Trophy. If that's what they mean, then I say HELLLLLL No.

I don't disagree with everything else. I'm pointing out that since it won't take as long to model A bike as it would to model A car, it won't take as much work away from modelling cars as you're making it seem. I'm sure when people are asking for motorcycles in GT6 they're not saying we need +100 of them like in Tourist Trophy. If that's what they mean, then I say HELLLLLL No.

You sir have absolutely no clue abut motorcycles, but maybe you are into 3d modelling. In any case please provide any information to back up your claims.

I'd think the main difference between modeling a car and modeling a bike would be the lack of "interior" on a bike. Otherwise I would assume it would be about the same between the two if they were modeled to the same level as Premium cars.

Griffith500

Really? Never heard anything of the sort. Maybe GT6 will come out on ps3 and TT2 will be a launch title for ps4 lol. That is a joke peeps.

Maybe we could get a handful of premium motorcycles and a bunch of standards from TT ala GT5.

This is a GT6 thread. See? I can do that too.

Actually it could take as long to model a bike as a car, they obviously don't have to model a separate interior but the exposed details on a lot of bikes probably takes as much time to model (if not more) than a relatively smooth car exterior.

Maybe, but no one was really talking about it. It was just being brought up as a 'Well, maybe that makes it okay to work on bikes and put them in GT6' argument. Regardless of how long it takes, cars need to be the priority for GT6, especially given how long it takes to do premiums. Including bikes should be an 'extra,' and there really isn't time for that, given the sate of the car count.

There would likely be many disappointed people if GT6 came to market with underwhelming sub-400 premium car count, yet somehow they found the time to throw in a few dozen motorcycles too. Obviously people would be wondering why that time wasn't spent on more cars instead.

PD already has a bike franchise, Tourist Trophy. Keep bikes there, and let them be done well, rather than try to combine bikes and cars in GT6.

This is a GT6 thread. See? I can do that too.

Maybe, but no one was really talking about it. It was just being brought up as a 'Well, maybe that makes it okay to work on bikes and put them in GT6' argument. Regardless of how long it takes, cars need to be the priority for GT6, especially given how long it takes to do premiums. Including bikes should be an 'extra,' and there really isn't time for that, given the sate of the car count.

There would likely be many disappointed people if GT6 came to market with underwhelming sub-400 premium car count, yet somehow they found the time to throw in a few dozen motorcycles too. Obviously people would be wondering why that time wasn't spent on more cars instead.

PD already has a bike franchise, Tourist Trophy. Keep bikes there, and let them be done well, rather than try to combine bikes and cars in GT6.

You're forgetting that if they make bikes, they make bikes. What difference, in terms of "taking time away from cars", does that have if those bikes appear in a separate game or in GT proper?

EDIT: @mjm23race: No, there was never any official confirmation of a TT sequel. But Kaz has made noises to the effect (that he was pleased with its popularity), and of course there was the original GT:HD idea which would have included the bikes and cars in the same game.

Last edited:
Really? Never heard anything of the sort. Maybe GT6 will come out on ps3 and TT2 will be a launch title for ps4 lol. That is a joke peeps.

Considering it's still uncertain whether GT6 will be on the PS3 or not (I expect and hope it will be) and there seems to be some debate on the time frame with launching a full blown GT title just before a new console is on the horizon (also uncertain as GT6 may arrive as early as next year for all we know) it at least poses the question whether there's still enough time left for a separate TT2 game before all attention is drawn towards the PS4.

Maybe only for this reason alone it's worth considering the option of including bikes in GT6, just like those early GT:HD screenshots promised.
Maybe in a separate game mode or something (promoted as including cars and bikes), or as optional DLC as offering bike-related DLC alone might create more revenue in this situation where promoting a relatively niche spin-off might not be worth it businesswise.

You sir have absolutely no clue abut motorcycles, but maybe you are into 3d modelling. In any case please provide any information to back up your claims.

In October 2003, Sony Computer Entertainment's announcement of a Polyphony Digital motorcycle racing game generated excitement among Gran Turismo fans, and the debut of Tourist Trophy at the 2005 Tokyo Game Show was met with good reviews.[1][2][3][4]

The game won IGN's award for Best PS2 Simulation of 2006.[5]

Tourist Trophy was first released in China on January 26, 2006 then in Japan on February 2, 2006

Yamauchi said that he wasn't interested in outsourcing development on Gran Turismo PSP to another developer. He considered the prospect of handing off the driving sim to someone else "unthinkable."

Eurogamer: Gran Turismo PSP has been in development for a really long time. Can you explain what stretched development out and how the game has changed over that time period?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We first made the announcement in E3 of 2004, so [laughs] it's been five years. Since then we've released GT4, Tourist Trophy, GTHD and GT5 Prologue. Of course we were always working on the PSP version a little bit at a time, but every time we have one of those releases it's affected by that new title. So this is a software that was born in between GT5 Prologue and GT5, and it's affected by both of those titles.

Eurogamer: In return, does it have any kind of knock-on effect on how GT5 is coming along?

Kazunori Yamauchi: I don't think there was a direct effect, but I do believe that the development team really gained experience in streamlining displaying graphics on a very small space and also how to manage memory when the amount of memory available is very small. That sort of experience is something that was gained by the team.

And you know, this is the first time we've developed a portable game, and I think there is an effect on how we see games, and how we understand videogames.

1UP: How would you compare your role on Tourist Trophy to your role on Gran Turismo 4?

KY: On GT4, I was pretty much all hands on, all the way down to every little detail including fixing the fraction times for license tests, to the furthest digit for the license times, making those adjustments, finding the right game balance. In terms of Tourist Trophy, we do have a director in-house who looked after this title, [Takamasa] Shichisawa a.k.a. Nana. He was looking after most of the overall gameplay. I supported Tourist Trophy with the technical portion and of course from the management level.

GT3 took 2.5 years to make with 179 cars. TT took 2.5 years to make and has 135 bikes using ALL of GT4's resources. Taking into account all that information up there and the fact that TT was a side-project, meaning that there could only have been small teams working on it, you'll have to use logic to come to the conclusion that I have.

GT3, no interiors, no driver animation. TT, no interiors?, driver animations. GT5, interiors!, driver animations. GT6/TT, a lot of detail on the exterior of some bikes, others not as much, PLUS they probably have a handle on how the driver animations should be like. Will we be able to add body kits/aero parts/tune-ups/different sets of wheels to the bikes in GT6???!? There might be some other things, but oh well.

I never claim to be someone that I'm not. Use logic, and maybe you'll reply in a way that wasn't like that other time a few hours ago? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Big deal.

GT6/TT, a lot of detail on the exterior of some bikes, others not as much, PLUS they probably have a handle on how the driver animations should be like. Will we be able to add body kits/aero parts/tune-ups/different sets of wheels to the bikes in GT6???!? There might be some other things, but oh well.

I never claim to be someone that I'm not. Use logic, .

So you have used your logic to conclude gt6 will have bikes without doubt, you know call the game gt6/tt?

Maybe I miss read.

So you have used your logic to conclude gt6 will have bikes without doubt, you know call the game gt6/tt?

Maybe I miss read.
haha Yeah, you misread it. This is the GT6 section and we're talking about wanting bikes in GT6. The paragraph was about the things that will need to be modeled and all that other stuff. I don't know, I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

So it's speculation based on game that started being developed 9 years ago. That's centuries in gaming, and quality standards are not the same in any aspect whatsoever. Try again.

You're not going to see a motorcycle in Gran Turismo 6, because the series have always been dedicated to cars. If you want bikes then the only thing you can do is hope that PD will make Tourist Trophy 2.
It would be nice, but PD would have to do a completely different physics engine for the bikes handling, and I think that's just impractical. I'd rather they put their time into new cars and tracks.
+1

So it's speculation based on game that started being developed 9 years ago. That's centuries in gaming, and quality standards are not the same in any aspect whatsoever. Try again.
👍 No, you go. I sought input on this since you came back at me with nothing to show how I might be wrong.

You're not going to see a motorcycle in Gran Turismo 6, because the series have always been dedicated to cars. If you want bikes then the only thing you can do is hope that PD will make Tourist Trophy 2.

+1

Uhhhhh...first page of thread.
It would be nice, but PD would have to do a completely different physics engine for the bikes handling, and I think that's just impractical. I'd rather they put their time into new cars and tracks.

I thought so too, but that's not right.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7280196#post7280196

Bikes in GT6 would be good for variety. I'm up for it.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/273056/interviews/gran-turismo-5-its-still-work-in-progress/
Oct. 2010
Is there any possibility of seeing motorbikes in GT5, or a new Tourist Trophy?

The environment we have right now allows us to drive motorcycles, but we need to get Gran Turismo 5 done first. Once that's out of the way, if there's a strong demand for bikes that's something we'd consider.

haha Yeah, you misread it. This is the GT6 section and we're talking about wanting bikes in GT6. The paragraph was about the things that will need to be modeled and all that other stuff. I don't know, I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

I'm aware of what section and thread I'm in, I still don't understand what you where trying to say in the paragraph other then posting in a presumptuous manor that bikes will be in gt6.

I guess if I added the words at the front "IF bikes where in gt6 ...."

PD / Sony need to outsource and / or employ more people.

If I was Sony I forced Kaz to do that. A lot of potential wasted, Tourist Trophy 2 could be a leading game in it's genre or a very good expansion for GT. I agree cars and bikes can't race toghether but some trackdays? Yes of course, like in real life.

But PD need much more efficency, or this is going to be just a forum discussion.

I don't know if they should even ATTEMPT to bring bikes back.
TT was so horrible in terms of physics that they would have to totally change the game engine. You couldn't even power wheelie a DR-Z400. :(

Back