Motorsport Manager - PC/MAC/Linux

• Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 150 comments
Wait a month and it will be fully supported. Until then I don't know.

Personally I am sticking to the base game till next month.

I agree, I have been hearing a lot of people complaining about game crashes, I have had one in over 200 hours of play. Makes me wonder if those having issues are running unsupported mods of otherwise messing about with the game.

That feeling when you are 2 seconds a lap quicker than everyone else and you are earning 1.7 million per race.

That feeling when you are 2 seconds a lap quicker than everyone else and you are earning 1.7 million per race.

With what team/series?

Also the balance mod is working and I went from scoring top 5s with a 🤬 car to placing down in 17th-18th. Much better. Highly recommend this mod.

With what team/series?

Also the balance mod is working and I went from scoring top 5s with a 🤬 car to placing down in 17th-18th. Much better. Highly recommend this mod.
Firebrand and ERC.

I do have the best car and 2 good drivers to be fair.

Well, this happened:

20170119183312_1.jpg

They also both crashed at the same time...

Started my second season with Archer BMR. Upgrading reliability is a bitch. Gonna take a few more races until I can start to focus on performance over reliability.

Started my second season with Archer BMR. Upgrading reliability is a bitch. Gonna take a few more races until I can start to focus on performance over reliability.

You can get Archer promoted in Season 1 with the base game (I think) if you get OP drivers.

I am in season 4 of the Archer challenge. I switched to the op Firebird MRT and am bossing it. It does help when your parts are better than the starting season 1 parts of the top team in the series above you. :lol:

Playing the mobile version, had fun and stayed in the bottom tier for 5 seasons moved up, got annihilated. On my second season, even worse. Not sure where I messed up but I guess I'm now in an unwinnable game of catch up. Meh.

Playing the mobile version, had fun and stayed in the bottom tier for 5 seasons moved up, got annihilated. On my second season, even worse. Not sure where I messed up but I guess I'm now in an unwinnable game of catch up. Meh.

You can win in Tier 4 on the mobile version in your first season... I think. I managed to get a podium in my first race in the mobile version!

So I got promoted and then accepted a job from Ozu because weeb.

I am now in a tight spot. The team is losing money and the staff and car are ok but nothing special.

1 tip I would give people. It is worth getting drivers with 100% marketability. They will want more wages but it is worth it when you get a whole row of 4 star sponsors.

1 tip I would give people. It is worth getting drivers with 100% marketability. They will want more wages but it is worth it when you get a whole row of 4 star sponsors.

How better are they from 3 star sponsors?

Also Ozu in my game are doing terrible at the moment (they were a terrible team for APS and they're near the bottom in ERS)... so good luck!

Also Ozu in my game are doing terrible at the moment (they were a terrible team for APS and they're near the bottom in ERS)... so good luck!
Oh they aren't that bad in mine. They are bottom of the APS but can easily win the ERS.

Erm I can't remember specifically. I just know my profits went up.

1st place sponsors usually pay about 1.7 mill per race if you hit the target at 4 stars.

Something that I noticed. Setups are on a race to race basis. Got an excellent setup, then reloaded the game and tried the exact same setup in the same practice session and it was only 95% good. So it takes into account that the track changes race to race. Hence why F1 actually has practice sessions.

Last edited:
I bought this game just before release day to get the 10% off pre-order bonus, but have only racked up a relatively modest 53 hours so far (and quite a bit of that was single races to test 'things'). This is not the fault of the game, at least not since patch 1.2 fixed the crippling blue flag issue that made me not want to play version 1.1. It really is a great game, one that I want to play a lot more of in the near future. My first career save was a short one with Panther to get rule 63 Ricciardo a world title;

D36AE81E70E302B28A6393D163B9F903CBF5E9AD

Steinmann dropped the ball by letting Chapman go to Windsor, so Wexler was Sharp's only real opponent all season and even he fell away once I developed the car some more. Sharp finished on the podium in all 16 races, and I decided to mimic the real life Red Bull and pick up De Graaf when he somehow ended up a free agent in the off-season driver shuffle. Having won the championship and set Panther up for a long period of dominance on this file, my next career save will almost certainly be a long-term game with Predator, with me forgoing manager perks and selecting 'Outsider' to make it more of a challenge.

So.

I was given the 3 choices for expected finishing position. 5th, 7th, 9th. Took 5th. Walked out of the first race with a 1,2 finish. :lol:

I am in debt and losing money though. My drivers may be the best on the grid and the sponsorship attraction may be at 4 stars but I need the current sponsor deals to run out.

So.

I was given the 3 choices for expected finishing position. 5th, 7th, 9th. Took 5th. Walked out of the first race with a 1,2 finish. :lol:

I am in debt and losing money though. My drivers may be the best on the grid and the sponsorship attraction may be at 4 stars but I need the current sponsor deals to run out.

Don't forget the sponsors on the other side either. I have three four star sponsors paying me a fixed $500K per race, that gives me 1.5 million before bonuses!

Don't forget the sponsors on the other side either. I have three four star sponsors paying me a fixed $500K per race, that gives me 1.5 million before bonuses!
I know that. I am just waiting for the 3 and 2 star deals that were in place when I took over to expire so I can make some money.

Does anyone know what % the 5 star stuff becomes available? I don't want to build the heli pad too soon.

Soo... good news: I applied for a job at Not-Mercedes (Steinmann)

Bad news: I may be rejected!

And if I do get accepted... should I accept the job?

Never mind, just got rejected. Crap.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is an age limit in this game? I put my real age (54) in when I started and I am on my 15th season so I am pushing 70 in the game. Can I get canned for being too old...wonder if the age thing goes to 3 digits :sly:

Sooo, I bought this game while it was on sale some time ago, and I gotta say, it's been good fun so far. Once I sort-of figured out how the game works, that is.

After endless hours doing single races, I moved into the career and.. let's just say that didn't go according to plan. So I started anew, some experiences richer, and have decided to challenge myself and take Predator to glory, with no perks whatsoever. I'm currently running the team based on saving money and improving reliability rather than performance, hoping to avoid mid-race repairs outside of SC periods.

First round of the season, as one would perhaps expect from the above, didn't go too well. 17th and 20th and nothing at all exciting happened.

Round 2, Ines manages 9th place, which, given that this is a Predator and a not-too-experienced player, I'd say was not too shabby. Probably helped by the perk reducing wear on the parts, allowing me to push it more.

Before round 3, I did what I imagine most people have done and managed to snatch Cruz. Granted, he did have the advantage of starting on pole, but he *just* missed out on 7th to Jha. Again, I'll take it, mainly because the brakes threatened to give up for the entirety of the last two laps. Could probably have pitted for softs a lap earlier, but oh well.

Currently at around 4 million and in not-last when it comes to Teams Championship, which, y'know, is not bad when you consider this is the equivalent of Andrea Moda. Whatever money I spent on getting Cruz, he's paid back in one race. And I've got him until the end of 2017.

#MakePredatorGreatAgain

Edit: 5th for Cruz in Round 4, and enough points to jump his team mate who's been in twice as many races this season. And another nice million to improve the car. Definitely need to work on the brakes, Cruz has a tendency to "brake" them. Ha, eh.. I'll show myself out.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is an age limit in this game? I put my real age (54) in when I started and I am on my 15th season so I am pushing 70 in the game. Can I get canned for being too old...wonder if the age thing goes to 3 digits :sly:
Star driver poses with an elderly fan. :P

That feeling when you sign your main driver for a 3 year contract extension. Then you notice his marketability go down the pan and due to slightly higher potential your second driver becomes better.

Anybody else running the balance mod?
Nah. I might consider the F1 mod when steam workshop is added though.

That feeling when the chairman gives you the optimistic target as 5th and you win the championship in your first season with the team.

Also have 5* sponsor ability. Now to wait for the current ones to run out.

Back