Motorsport Manager - PC/MAC/Linux

• Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 150 comments
WELP

Molly Fox is magic apparently and crashed IN the pitlane... the game got angry and did this:

20170130194539_1.jpg

BREAKING NEWS:

Kruger Motorsport has been questioned for what race officials call "breaking the laws of physics". After fans reported seeing a smoking wreckage of a car floating in the air at Turn 1, team manager Michael Polasek was called in during the Safety Car period to find out what the deal was with the floating vehicle. His only comment during the entire questioning was "I don't know. Physics happened. We were completely caught off-guard when this happened... I think our ERS or levita- oh 🤬, never mind. Look. We don't know exactly what happened... just think Kitano's reliability in 2015..."

Spies at Kruger Motorsport's HQ recently reported that they have seen "flying front wings and tires floating across the skies effortlessly at insane speeds" for "no apparent reason whatsoever". They have also reported that the lone vehicle endlessly circling Kruger's test track has been reported driving upside down and somehow doing "1-second laptimes".

At this point, they also reported that "the HQ started magically spinning around in circles and then doing flips across the entire country of Germany for seemingly no reason". Ernie Hecklerock has yet to comment on the matter.

Last edited:
Haha thankfully I didn't go that crazy - everyone's on zero points in those tables so the orders are just random.

It was a tough choice between Life and Andrea Moda over who should be Predator, of course :lol:

So. Playing stock for this run and will do the F1 mod for next play session.

Ozu, Got relegated to ERS in a season I wasn't with the team, with me in the team I won 2 APS titles.

Now first race in the WMC. Points for top 5 so going to be tough. Accept 8th as a season target.

Qualifying. 7th and 8th. Nice I like.

Race. 1,2.......

daced23178f0653dc1c99f33c9bbc434139d264ef04dd89fb6fb83a66e75448a.jpg

So. Playing stock for this run and will do the F1 mod for next play session.

Ozu, Got relegated to ERS in a season I wasn't with the team, with me in the team I won 2 APS titles.

Now first race in the WMC. Points for top 5 so going to be tough. Accept 8th as a season target.

Qualifying. 7th and 8th. Nice I like.

Race. 1,2.......

daced23178f0653dc1c99f33c9bbc434139d264ef04dd89fb6fb83a66e75448a.jpg

And this showcases how idiotic the AI are (I think?)...

Aaand since the new update the balance mod doesn't work.

How OP are your drivers?

And this showcases how idiotic the AI are (I think?)...

Aaand since the new update the balance mod doesn't work.

How OP are your drivers?
4 1/2 star (with terrible smoothness so everything else is pretty much 20) and a 4 star.

Nah I don't think it was purely idiotic AI. I was matching their pace at the end. Early and mid race I wasn't there but late race I was.

First season as manager at Predator has now concluded with not much interesting to note, apart from Cruz' mechanic leaking information and promptly getting fired. And we managed one final top 10 finish in the last race.

Lots of changes happened during the off-season, while I've chosen to stick with what I have, and instead focused on developing the car. Pre-season testing and Team Stats screen wasn't exactly filling me confidence, considering I've spent so much on the new car and design centre I'm actually a few million in debt.

But, as we all know, theory and practice are two very different things, and in the first race of the new season, thanks to mechanical issues galore for basically everyone else, and thanks to a slightly conservative pit strategy, not only did both cars end up in the top 10, but, get this: we got a 1-2 victory! Cruz is just becoming a better and better investment.

First season as manager at Predator has now concluded with not much interesting to note, apart from Cruz' mechanic leaking information and promptly getting fired. And we managed one final top 10 finish in the last race.

Lots of changes happened during the off-season, while I've chosen to stick with what I have, and instead focused on developing the car. Pre-season testing and Team Stats screen wasn't exactly filling me confidence, considering I've spent so much on the new car and design centre I'm actually a few million in debt.

But, as we all know, theory and practice are two very different things, and in the first race of the new season, thanks to mechanical issues galore for basically everyone else, and thanks to a slightly conservative pit strategy, not only did both cars end up in the top 10, but, get this: we got a 1-2 victory! Cruz is just becoming a better and better investment.
Cruz is ok in the ERS. However once you reach the APS you want to ditch him.

Continuing my strange form. I seem to be the fastest car on the grid in race but only really mid pack in quali.

If you can get OP drivers, no matter how 🤬 your car is, you're pretty much golden for the entire game.

If you can get OP drivers, no matter how 🤬 your car is, you're pretty much golden for the entire game.

True, but it's a way ahead for the team, and so far I'm not questioning my choices. Sure, it'd be an extra challenge if one was to keep the original staff until the end, but I've barely figured out the logic required to be not-that-horrible, so I'll take any advantage I can get.

We're on the short track in Germany. 17 laps (because reasons), fuel for 7. I predict to pit on laps 5 and 11, hoping to undercut everyone else.

We find ourselves at the back of the reverse-championship-order grid. Having no idea how to deal with this, I ask both of them to push for the first few corners. Not particularly successful.

Then, on lap 3, Chu crashes and brings out the safety car. As I realise it'll take some time before the safety car can pick up the leader and begin the queue, I bring my drivers in for a "full service" as late as I dare. This leaves Cruz in P12 and capable of mounting an attack.

That, however, doesn't go to plan either, and we barely manage to stay in the upper half of top 10. Fast forward to the second stop, which I managed to extend for another lap. No problems at all for us, but plenty of problems for everyone else, managing to take some three or four cars in the pits, despite some extra repair work.

Fast forward to the last few laps. Sabado in the Firebird car drives like a mad man and, over the course of a little more than a lap, passes both of my cars, leaving Santa Ana in 6th and Cruz in 4th, which I wouldn't be too dispeased with, as it's good enough for my chosen sponsor. However, Jónsdóttirs car, at the time fighting for P1, gives up on the final lap, promoting both Cruz and Santa Ana one place to finish 3rd and 5th respectively.

In the end, newcomer Gatto ended up winning for Eastwood, with Sabado in 2nd.

SUDDENLY, PLOT TWIST!

Turns out Sabado's car was found to be in breach of the regulations, promoting Cruz another place, to 2nd. Yeah, he's a keeper for now.

In terms of the championship, Cruz leads with 39 points, Santa Ana in 2nd with 35, Tyler from the demoted Ozu Motor Team is 3rd with 31, while Predator are 21 points ahead in the teams championship.

I swear I'm only doing this for interesting races.

Race three, Italy. 13 laps, fuel lasts 6 - strategy to pit on laps 4 and 8, again going for the undercut and some time without traffic.

It actually sort of went to plan for once. Until Cruz' car developed a gearbox issue. At the time, he was running just inside top 6, so I told him to keep pushing. We got passed once, but someone else apparently had more serious problems, so no actual changes in position.

The gearbox finally gave up all of about a second before he crossed the finish line, and apparently that means he only finished in 9th and not the 6th he was holding before that. Oh well, the good times had to come to an end at some point. Better than nothing, but still..

Cruz still leads with 51 points, 3 ahead of Santa Ana, 7 ahead of Jónsdóttir (who won this race), and our lead in the teams championship is down to 12 points.

Last edited:
Last night on Twitch, I saw Motorsport Manager and got to see how it is. On concept alone, Motorsport Manager is one of the most unique concepts to date. You build up a racing car and take care of finances and such. I think it's a great concept. It is surely something different. If you are not very good in racing/driving a car yourself, yet you still love racing, this is probably the game for you. I like this.

The first paid DLC pack is coming next week - GT racing no less, with two new championships. I would absolutely love it if this was integrated into the 'main universe' (eg. shared driver pool between GT/open-wheel, teams could transfer between the disciplines or even run in both), but there's no suggestion of that in the announcement so I suspect it'll just be a separate game mode. A great step nonetheless. There will also be a "create your own team" feature introduced - not clear yet whether this adds something over modding a team in using Workshop, or just gives that a nice interface.

Have to say I've been very impressed with their post-release support so far, some lingering race-engine issues aside I think they've done a great job bringing updates and content at a fairly speedy pace. 👍

So about a week ago I completed the Archer challenge. Won the WMC with Ozu in 2022 having started at Archer.

I guess I am going to go again with my own team now. And GT stuff.

The first paid DLC pack is coming next week - GT racing no less, with two new championships. I would absolutely love it if this was integrated into the 'main universe' (eg. shared driver pool between GT/open-wheel, teams could transfer between the disciplines or even run in both), but there's no suggestion of that in the announcement so I suspect it'll just be a separate game mode. A great step nonetheless. There will also be a "create your own team" feature introduced - not clear yet whether this adds something over modding a team in using Workshop, or just gives that a nice interface.

Have to say I've been very impressed with their post-release support so far, some lingering race-engine issues aside I think they've done a great job bringing updates and content at a fairly speedy pace. 👍

OH MY GOD.

DID I HEAR GT RACING?

YES PLEASE (also please have different car models for each car in the GT series!)

Can we has prototype teams too?

Great, I am about to wrap up my 3rd championship in WMC which will give me 3 in each series. I was going to go back and pick up my original team (Dragon) who has fallen down to APC and try to bring them up, but I may have to go GT racing first!

About that Predator play-through I mentioned in my previous post...

Yes, I started generic Predator YouTube play-through #1,000. Featuring mediocre bit-rates and me never shutting up in a desperate attempt at keeping the video length manageable. Though I am my own worst critic so watch it I guess. Or don't, because I can't tell you what to do and neither can any other YouTuber. Never like a video because the video uploader asks you to, for instance.

About that Predator play-through I mentioned in my previous post...

Yes, I started generic Predator YouTube play-through #1,000. Featuring mediocre bit-rates and me never shutting up in a desperate attempt at keeping the video length manageable. Though I am my own worst critic so watch it I guess. Or don't, because I can't tell you what to do and neither can any other YouTuber. Never like a video because the video uploader asks you to, for instance.

Get OP drivers. You will most likely find yourself in the top 5 (I think, idk) by season 2-3.

I'm definitely ditching Evans in part 2, and Santa Ana isn't safe either due to her horrible marketability score. I'm considering Sevilla and Mori, with Cruz as an alternate if one of them has a bad trait I'd rather avoid. Note that I didn't say Rodrigues; He's OP, but I wanted to go for something a little bit different in terms of my driver line-up for the early parts of the series.

Bought it while it was on 50% off and it is a really nice game to sit back, relax, have a drink and play.

DLC and update is out.

I haven't played much but it's worth what they are selling it for imo. Also the free dlc create your own team thing is cool.

It seems they have changed a few things too. The perks for the ex driver have been changed and you can now propose rule changes instead of just voting. Proposing a change costs 1m unless you have a political background in which you get to propose for free.

Ex-Driver went from the worst of the four starting bonuses to possibly the best. A boost to stat improvement for your drivers in a game where drivers are OP is legit cheese.

Ex-Driver went from the worst of the four starting bonuses to possibly the best. A boost to stat improvement for your drivers in a game where drivers are OP is legit cheese.

I don't know myself but have read on the Steam forums that the gap between different-level drivers is now significantly smaller.

View attachment 629999

Uhm, modding and I ****ed something up massively

Looks fine to me. Doesn't everyone say that racing drivers are characterless, faceless robots nowadays? :P

So... started my own team... (as well as running another career mode with Nordhagen Racing)

Things are bound to go wrong at some point as well...

To piggyback off of @Mike458 I started my own team and stuff has already gone wrong. Used 5 different drivers in the 1st season, spent millions of dollars to come dead last, developed an absolute pig of a car for the 2nd season. And this is down in the ERS lol

11/10 for realism because I should never be in charge of a racing team 👍

Back