Motorsport Manager - PC/MAC/Linux

• Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 150 comments
If this ever goes on sale, I'll have to look at buying. Sounds like fun, and it sounds like they took that phone game I play and made it 100x better.

Well mr OP is now in International GT so you can't get him straight off which makes things harder.

Well mr OP is now in International GT so you can't get him straight off which makes things harder.
Also, Lord Rodrigues is also no longer OP relative to the rest of the former free agents who are now part of the GT series. His skill-set didn't actually change other than a temporary negative trait, but now Balcazar and Hashimoto are visible from the start instead of requiring a scouting facility to access, for example. They buffed Cruz and Sevilla too, among others, though neither of them can drive formula cars.

Also, Lord Rodrigues is also no longer OP relative to the rest of the former free agents who are now part of the GT series. His skill-set didn't actually change other than a temporary negative trait, but now Balcazar and Hashimoto are visible from the start instead of requiring a scouting facility to access, for example. They buffed Cruz and Sevilla too, among others, though neither of them can drive formula cars.
Balcazar is black now too.

I get that drivers make a huge difference, but I'm leading the championship as Predator in my first season of APS. My drivers are ranked dead last in the series, but run 1-3 in the championship (Valerie Kumar (3 star) and starting driver Ines Santa Ana (3 star), both of whom have won races.) So drivers aren't that crucial unless you want to rapidly move up the ladder.

So... Lone Wolf Motorsports team update:

Good news:

• I have the best drivers on the grid capable of getting podiums
  • This is my first season
  • I have a 10th or above target, which basically guarantees my job secure and I can (maybe?) ask for more money any time I want
  • I'm 6th in the championships after 2 races

Bad news:

• I have the worst car on the grid (I could kinda care less?)
  • I'm already in debt during the second race (1+ million-ish
  • I'm losing 3 million plus per race
  • The chairman could get really pissed off at me because of high pressure
  • I have a level 1 factory and design center, both of which will be upgraded in... 11 weeks!
  • I have a terrible chassis

What should I do?

I also guess this is kinda exposing how (sort of) broken the game is in terms of driver/car balancing? (idk, but just my opinion...)

I also guess this is kinda exposing how (sort of) broken the game is in terms of driver/car balancing? (idk, but just my opinion...)
Based on my experience I'll have to disagree. Having bad drivers hasn't hurt me at all, I think the game is just too easy. There's no way Ines Santa Ana in the 5th best car should be able to keep up with Sebastian Vettel err, Deiter Wexler in the best car in the field, and yet she can.

WELP

I'm going to be SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS in debt... and it's only the THIRD race of the season!

RIP Lone Wolf Motorsports 2016-2016 (by the way, I can't even ask for more money)

Also any idea of how the team pressure thing functions?

Based on my experience I'll have to disagree. Having bad drivers hasn't hurt me at all, I think the game is just too easy. There's no way Ines Santa Ana in the 5th best car should be able to keep up with Sebastian Vettel err, Deiter Wexler in the best car in the field, and yet she can.

Exactly my point...

Last edited:

But that's because she's Ines!!!!

So... Lone Wolf Motorsports team update:

Good news:

• I have the best drivers on the grid capable of getting podiums
  • This is my first season
  • I have a 10th or above target, which basically guarantees my job secure and I can (maybe?) ask for more money any time I want
  • I'm 6th in the championships after 2 races

Bad news:

• I have the worst car on the grid (I could kinda care less?)
  • I'm already in debt during the second race (1+ million-ish
  • I'm losing 3 million plus per race
  • The chairman could get really pissed off at me because of high pressure
  • I have a level 1 factory and design center, both of which will be upgraded in... 11 weeks!
  • I have a terrible chassis

What should I do?

Who are your drivers?

If I promote my reserve driver, can I change it back again if I want during the same season?

One of my drivers isn't very marketable (12%), reserve at 60% is). Former is 18, latter is 17.

18 year old is my main driver though, rating of 9 in last 3 races, but I've got some sponsors to renew soon...

If I promote my reserve driver, can I change it back again if I want during the same season?

One of my drivers isn't very marketable (12%), reserve at 60% is). Former is 18, latter is 17.

18 year old is my main driver though, rating of 9 in last 3 races, but I've got some sponsors to renew soon...
Yes but both drivers will hate you for it. The first one for being demoted in the first place and the second for being demoted again.

@haitch40 Think I'll just have to put up with him. He has a +5 temp modifier to his marketability too for racing bikes. Anything I can do to make him more marketable? A dilemna came up earlier in the season to improve it, but it was £1m and this was after about 1 race, so tricky to decide.

@haitch40 Think I'll just have to put up with him. He has a +5 temp modifier to his marketability too for racing bikes. Anything I can do to make him more marketable? A dilemna came up earlier in the season to improve it, but it was £1m and this was after about 1 race, so tricky to decide.
That is your team marketability usually the dilemma. Overall it is made up of team and both drivers.

Not much really. Hire someone more marketable?

Kind of a shame I can't go back and revisit it, it's not like that kind of course wouldn't be doable at any time in real life.

I'm investing in the car a bit and doing some HQ upgrades, drivers is probably next (replaced lead designer), just want to be careful with it. I've got a pay driver, who is inconsistent (won last race), but morale is all over the place, has addictive personality, etc.

Version 1.3 worked out really well for me and my plans to LP this game as Predator, since now my play-through may actually be unique compared to other Predator games from earlier versions on YT. I'll also look to bump my bit-rate substantially up on the re-do so that it doesn't come out jittery and blurry next time.

If and when I do restart that LP I'll post here again, though I am aware that not many of you were all too interested last time.

Bit of an annoying glitch in Long races in GT right now as the effect of fuel weight on lap times have been amplified by 10 due to an extra zero somewhere in the code. I suggest sticking to Medium races in GT until the patch (you could also fix it yourself, but only if you know where to make the fix or know someone who does). So I'll probably hold off on a GT series career until the patch, since I don't think you can change the race length in Career after you've started the save, and I'd want to change back to Long once this is fixed...

Kind of a shame I can't go back and revisit it, it's not like that kind of course wouldn't be doable at any time in real life.

I'm investing in the car a bit and doing some HQ upgrades, drivers is probably next (replaced lead designer), just want to be careful with it. I've got a pay driver, who is inconsistent (won last race), but morale is all over the place, has addictive personality, etc.
Ahh just realised. There are new dilemmas and traits.

The 1 million one you talked about. Was it a pr course? That does boost your driver's marketability not the teams.

Yes, PR course. Not seen one come up since. I probably should have taken it, he's proving to be pretty consistent, but his marketability is just dire. A shame I can't set it up myself.

Yes, PR course. Not seen one come up since. I probably should have taken it, he's proving to be pretty consistent, but his marketability is just dire. A shame I can't set it up myself.
It also gives a 5% bonus to chairman happiness.

My current career.

Made my own team. Took the large payment option.

Had an okish first season. 8th overall. Got Valdes and Qi as my drivers. Qi is quite poor atm but massive potential and dirt cheap so I got her on a 3 year contract.

This season has ERS with 100KWH batteries though. Going to be fun.

Last edited:
Seriously low on cash start of season 3, can't even design new parts, which as a mid-table team is going to hurt. But upgraded factory and telemetry centre (I think...).

Finished 4th in Team championship last year, up from 5th season before.

Really enjoying the game, couple of things that could do with being sorted, but generally it's very good.

Seriously low on cash start of season 3, can't even design new parts, which as a mid-table team is going to hurt. But upgraded factory and telemetry centre (I think...).

Finished 4th in Team championship last year, up from 5th season before.

Really enjoying the game, couple of things that could do with being sorted, but generally it's very good.

What team/series?

Dragon in ERS. I kind of stuffed up when replacing drivers by not keeping Bao as a reserve pay driver, although the £100k per race benefit for that isn't huge when his feedback is so bad. Still got Nick Chu, he's going well. Paired with Ellie Marsh, who had 3 first lap crashes in her first season.

I'm still enjoying this game so I hope you don't mind me digging up the thread and asking if anyone else is still playing.

Also, if you're interested in a semi-deep dive into Motorsport Manager's game mechanics, I posted a guide on Steam that includes several 'hot lap' style tests around Doha A under various conditions, including best car vs worst car, and great engine vs great downforce. I plan on adding more to it in the future (fast driver vs slow driver is one I want to do).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=903064154

Also still playing, balance mod is making things fairly difficult (when it's working...).
I really want to look into the balance mod sometime in the future, but I've still got to 'beat' the vanilla game with Predator (I can do it easily enough, but it takes time to go through all three tiers). On paper it does sound difficult to maintain your spot in the pecking order in that mod let alone progress...

Back