Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
Sorry if already posted. Think it's new but haven't been on the thread in a while.

Silly move on the part of the race director to let the SUV join the track but also silly from the driver for not slowing down at all when a red flag was shown (you can briefly see it at 0:03).

Silly move on the part of the race director to let the SUV join the track but also silly from the driver for not slowing down at all when a red flag was shown (you can briefly see it at 0:03).
She got a large fine for both not slowing for the red flag, and for sharing the video without permission

We Germans got you covered :sly:

Wow! Just wow.

Happy to see all the drivers climb from their cars unaided but, silly boys.

As a former Flag Marshall, that should have had double waved yellows to signify a stationary vehicle blocking part of the track. That requires drivers to greatly reduce their speed & slow down enough to prepare for a totally blocked track.
Ignore that & you get a free visit to the Stewards Office so that you can explain yourself. Large fines & licence endorsements usually follow.

Same applies for Sophia's actions at Oschesleben although, red flag or not, I can't believe they let an SUV attempt to cross the track while cars were still returning to the pits.

Silly & potentially fatal decisions all round really :rolleyes:

I currently can't find any video for this to accompany this photo, but I haven't seen a car torn up this bad in a short track wreck in a very long time. The track is a half mile and is actually my local paved oval. I'll try again later this week to find a video. Reason being, I feel like videos are best suited here rather than still photos if someone can find them.

Didn't load, can you post a youtube version?

I can't find it on Youtube. Here's the link to the original Facebook post, if it helps: h ttps://ww w.facebook.com/sam.mitchell.568/videos/10213559207365543/

Edit: I've had to insert spaces between the h and t of https, and between 2 of the w's of www in order to stop GTP automatically converting it to a media embed. You'll have to copy/paste and remove the spaces manually.

She got a large fine for both not slowing for the red flag, and for sharing the video without permission

Source? I'm not disagreeing but I couldn't see a red flag and the car following her is also travelling at racing speed.

EDIT: Various online sources are saying that the reds weren't shown in some parts (I genuinely can't see any on that clip) and that some parts of the track were still showing DWYs. It also seems that the Toerag drove onto the track without being directed to do so. This seems like a safety mess up... and then a possible coverup by ADAC.

There's no record of a fine for her failure to slow, only 5,000 Euros for breaching media regulations.

Last edited:
Roses are red,
Hamilton lost,
IMG_2505.jpg

Nothing new in reference to my last post here but I did come across this. USAC driver AJ Hopkins gets airborne, lands hard roof first upside down, flips through a fence and lands upside down on top of a truck. He was sent to the hospital for observation but later released.

As a previous auto-damage adjuster, that'd be an odd claim.

"Yes sir, thank you for calling. What was the nature of your accident?"

"Well...a race car hit it."

"Okay...let's start from the beginning..."

Pretty violent one here with Jac Haudenschild and Travis Philo. Both were okay but it looked like a tornado going through a trailer park.

Back