Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
Max and Daniel having fun @RBR.

Would be nice to add this to the F1 calendar.
Is this caravan race typical Dutch? We even had a TV show in the past with real caravan racing competitions.

If you've not seen Scott Dixon's tangle with Jay Howard at the Indy 500 last Sunday, it's worth a post in this thread on its own, but I find this image to be more remarkable: an airbourne Indycar below an airbourne Indycar.

All involved walked away with no injuries, btw.

indycar-indy-500-2017-scott-dixon-chip-ganassi-racing-honda-crashes-helio-castroneves-team.jpg

Roo
If you've not seen Scott Dixon's tangle with Jay Howard at the Indy 500 last Sunday, it's worth a post in this thread on its own, but I find this image to be more remarkable: an airbourne Indycar below an airbourne Indycar.

indycar-indy-500-2017-scott-dixon-chip-ganassi-racing-honda-crashes-helio-castroneves-team.jpg
Apparently Helio finished the race with a cracked bellhousing after that jump.

Roo

Also check out the near miss on the photographer (@5:25 if the video doesn't cue). He pinched a nerve and pulled muscles in his back twisting out of the way. Mainly because he was still taking photos until the last second.

Seeing Dixon's car fly towards the wall like that, especially in that color scheme that echoes the old Forsythe/Green Players cars from the CART days reminds me of Greg Moore's fatal accident in 1999, which is still one of the most brutal and mentally disturbing accident I've seen.

Seeing Dixon's car fly towards the wall like that, especially in that color scheme that echoes the old Forsythe/Green Players cars from the CART days reminds me of Greg Moore's fatal accident in 1999, which is still one of the most brutal and mentally disturbing accident I've seen.
I hear that.

I was following Moore's meteoric rise through the ranks, especially his dominant season in Indy Lights.
Such a likeable young guy too.

I honestly think it can't get much worse than Tom Pryce's and field marshall's...gruesome ends in South Africa 1977.

I hear that.

I was following Moore's meteoric rise through the ranks, especially his dominant season in Indy Lights.
Such a likeable young guy too.

His future would have been so bright too, especially when you think about how he signed with Penske for the '00 season merely weeks before his untimely death, and just how dominant the Penskes were for 2000 and 2001... No one knows what would have happened for sure, but an F1 seat would have been on the cards imminently I'm certain.

I honestly think it can't get much worse than Tom Pryce's and field marshall's...gruesome ends in South Africa 1977.

That's in a class of it's own as far as gruesome and devastating goes. Just thinking about it makes my blood turn...

His future would have been so bright too, especially when you think about how he signed with Penske for the '00 season merely weeks before his untimely death, and just how dominant the Penskes were for 2000 and 2001... No one knows what would have happened for sure, but an F1 seat would have been on the cards imminently I'm certain.

That's in a class of it's own as far as gruesome and devastating goes. Just thinking about it makes my blood turn...
It's depressing because the field marshall was only 19.

It's Isle of Man TT time at the, well, the Isle of Man TT. Here are two videos showing Guy Martin - he starts as legendarily as you might expect but in the last he's the most shaken I've ever seen him.

I don't think I've ever seen a racer that shaken up after an accident where nobody was hurt. Like he said though, he definitely got away with one coming off at IOM at 140mph.

Maybe somebody here know what I try to find:
Someone fell of his bike, but the bike keeps driving. Then he ran to his bike, jumps on and drove on again.
So the bike hasn't crashed. It happend in the WorldSuperBikes but I'm not sure.
I thought someone posted already something like this, but I couldn't find it.

The editing had me fooled for a minute (it could've been one of those guided laps by a racing driver, although Mr. D. Lana wouldn't have been my first pick as the driver), definitely made the picture even funnier. :lol:

And well, at least this proves the strength of Le Mans' gravel traps. If it's good to stop an out-of-control bus, it has a good chance to stop an LMP...

Back