Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments
Hard to see but Sammy Swindell lost a helmet at the Knoxville Nationals following what I'm assuming was a rock hit his helmet and damaged it during a race. Incredibly lucky escape here.

Roo
Tockwith Motorsport have had to withdraw from the rest of the 2017 ELMS season because, without the owner's consent, they allowed the car to appear in a Honey G music video.

I don't know what a Honey G is, but it sounds cancerous.

It's worth noting that the ELMS car wasn't the one in the video. It's the Audi R8 that they won Britcar in last year, rather than the Ligier LMP2.

I caught this Caterham crash at a hillclimb trial at a car show last week. Driver was okay but it legit scared me.
DSC_0133.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0136.JPG
DSC_0137.JPG
DSC_0138.JPG
DSC_0139.JPG

I'm still scratching my head over this one, even though it's been a few years:

Apparently that was his father doing that and from what people said back then it was to soak his overalls so that the post-race scrutineers wouldn't find his car/driver weight to be under the allowed minimum.

Apparently that was his father doing that and from what people said back then it was to soak his overalls so that the post-race scrutineers wouldn't find his car/driver weight to be under the allowed minimum.

Wasn't he specifically disqualified for this little tidbit that got caught on camera, and not for actually being underweight?

Wasn't he specifically disqualified for this little tidbit that got caught on camera, and not for actually being underweight?
Technically, a driver should not touch anyone until after he's been weighed. So, Lewis, Seb et al should be disqualified for jumping into their mechanics as soon as they get out the car.

Livio Loi gains some air miles courtesy of Gabriel Rodrigo. :eek:
The first hit with the bike broke Loi's collarbone, but in turn slowed his descent.

Back