Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments
Yeah overally it was a pretty bad lap, hopeless dives, lockups, mistakes, plus the title makes it sound like it was his first lap at Baku overall (it surely looks like that). I have honestly no idea why they uploaded that, unles there was literally no other action in last year's race (i think that might be very close to truth)

This may be off-topic, but this is what happened to the advertisement screen at Nagoya station before and after Le Mans. Quick jumpshipping.

Last edited:
^ the wheel didn't break off until he hit the curb. He had already screwed that corner up long before the wheel fell off. He was lucky to not hit the posts though.

^ the wheel didn't break off until he hit the curb. He had already screwed that corner up long before the wheel fell off. He was lucky to not hit the posts though.
The wheelnut broke while he was braking, that's why the whole front axle locked up.

Or apparently any kind of HANS or similar devices. It's rather scary how far forward his head went. :scared:
I think he's wearing some kind of device. At least it does kinda look like it at 0:51 and 1:02, but it seems that the straps attached to the helmet are simply too long to be effective.

Watching these tour riders casually pedal up Eau Rouge like it's nothing is OMG

Having lower gears right at your fingertips is a wonderful thing.

Now a stage finish up the top of Raidillon, that would be fun to see!

I think the finish of this race also qualifies for this thread. It was the second time this race that Wittmann has pushed Ekström away a little to hard to get passed. The first time, Eki lost even more. Not a drive of a double champion...He will start 5 places further back at the next race btw.

This is a genuinely questioning WT...?

Can anybody explain what's going on here? Even the competitors? :)

It's a NASCAR race on two wheels! First time I've actually seen something like that.

Not enough immediate action though, there should be a caution clock. :sly:

Looks like two Moto GP (or Superbikes) vs a pair of SuperMoto bikes vs what looks like a tarmac speedway bike on the speedway bike's home turf. Some sort of exhibition event maybe?

I didn't even know there was a tarmac form of Speedway. In northern and eastern Europe, where it's quite popular, it's always on a dirt surface. The bike in this looks based on the dirt speedway bikes, but has a lack of mudflaps/guards and those weird stepped handle bars which makes me assume that Japan has Speedway racing too, but on bikes adapted to run on lightly banked paved tracks. Half the fun of Speedway is watching the bikes drifting virtually all the way around the circuit. Without that element it just looks dull.

Given how heavily armored the #5 rider is and that the other 4 seemed to be actively blocking him at points rather than racing each other, I'm kinda wondering if this is some motorized form of roller derby.

This is an autorace (a form of gambling, say, a horse racing using motorcycle) event that was held in 2015. In this race, autorace bikes, JSB1000 class bikes (from All Japan Roadrace Championship), and supermoto bikes competed.
As autoracers, Haruchika Arai (former WGP 125cc class champion) and Yasushi Matsumoto entered. Yoshihiro Konno and Nobuatsu Aoki (elder brother of H. Aoki) represented the Roadrace, and Makoto Arai the Supermoto Japan Championship.

Last edited:
Back