Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
Looking at that crash, they will probably, take those tress away and give marshals somewhere to stand. Track safety is very important, they will lean, from any accident.:)

In a series where a driver can set out without their straps fastened, without their helmet fastened (seemingly) and marshals are sitting around on trucks beside the racetrack... I'm not so sure.

Why is it even there???
car crashed at the corner before, funniely enough the Porsche Cayenne you see earlier almost blocked the leader as well when it got there 2 laps earlier.

The stewards for SGT don't like putting out safety cars, it took them 4 or 5 laps to put the safety car out when a car demolished a tyre barrier earlier in the race.

car crashed at the corner before, funniely enough the Porsche Cayenne you see earlier almost blocked the leader as well when it got there 2 laps earlier.

The stewards for SGT don't like putting out safety cars, it took them 4 or 5 laps to put the safety car out when a car demolished a tyre barrier earlier in the race.
That’s crazy I’ve never seen anything like it.

That’s crazy I’ve never seen anything like it.
Pretty standard for Super GT at SUGO, all kinds of weird and crazy things happen there. One year, over half the field got trapped in the pit lane, it was a literal parking lot :lol:

In Super GT, during practice sessions, they do a thing called Circuit Safari, where they put tour busses full of fans on the live track at the same time that cars are doing practice laps.

Super GT uses a system similar to what is used at the Nurburgring, with various safety vehicles going on the track while the race is still happening. They only rarely use full course yellows and safety cars.

Dries Vanthoor did this, and his punishment is...different.

Dnys8Y-WkAU0T3M.jpg

Certainly an odd punishment. What exactly happened? Didn't quite catch it in the video - did the Renault punt the Mercedes off track?

Certainly an odd punishment. What exactly happened? Didn't quite catch it in the video - did the Renault punt the Mercedes off track?

Looks like he outbraked himself, tried to cut the apex, got mildly airborne and side-slapped the lead car. I think the punishment is a good, creative one... providing the driver can see the blame for what his error. Wouldn't work on a lot of F1 drivers :D

Looks like he outbraked himself, tried to cut the apex, got mildly airborne and side-slapped the lead car. I think the punishment is a good, creative one... providing the driver can see the blame for what his error. Wouldn't work on a lot of F1 drivers :D
If it was F1, it would be the curb at fault :P

The yellow Audi took out the Mercedes, which just happened to be a championship contender, in the last race of the season. This punishment was because there wasn't really any sporting punishment they could give that would have done anything.

Visited the British Superbike race at Assen yesterday, at race 2 the following scary crashes happened.
(NOTE: All riders got away without injuries)

As Dan Linfoot crashed in the middle of the pack when he clipped the rear wheel of Leon Haslam.
Glenn Irwin could not avoid Dan Linfoot and hit his leg.
Dan Linfoots bike get's collected by Tommy Bridewell who crashes as well.

Safety car get's called out.
After the restart Tarran MacKenzie crashes and is very lucky to come out unscathed.

Those crashes were quite scary to see to be honest, but other than that I had a great day with plenty of exciting races and great overtakes.
I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in motorracing.

Last edited:
I was watching British Superbikes on TV, always very scary those crashes. The second one, was blamed, on the safety car coming in to quickly and Tarran losing control.

I was watching British Superbikes on TV, always very scary those crashes. The second one, was blamed, on the safety car coming in to quickly and Tarran losing control.

Pretty scary indeed, it still amazes me that he got out only being sore, at first sight I thought that he might have broken his thighbone.

Sometimes you don't follow/hear all the commentary as it get's drowned out when the bikes pass, so I did not know that that was the blame.
To me (at that moment) it looked like he might have lost temperature in the tires behind the safety car and went to early on the throttle, causing the highsider.

Also very lucky that the rest of the riders have amazing reaction ability.
I hope he bought a lottery ticket after the race, because with that much luck you are bound to win.

I still haven’t watched the full NASCAR race yet, but I’ve already seen a number of clips that are definitely wtf moments. This one made me laugh at breakfast this morning :lol:

Tarran was interviewed after the race, what he said happened. Shakey Byrne, been helping with TV team, when got more fit, said went in to quickly, riders didn't get a chance to get ready. He wasn't very happy about that, but thankfully there all okay.

Tarran was interviewed after the race, what he said happened. Shakey Byrne, been helping with TV team, when got more fit, said went in to quickly, riders didn't get a chance to get ready. He wasn't very happy about that, but thankfully there all okay.

Ah I see, thanks for the info. 👍

Latest Posts

Back