Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments
Here's a good one:

Travis Pastrana got a brand new Subaru in time for the X Games...and then proceeded to roll it during a demonstration.

Last edited:
Indeed, but it seems a bit as if he's trying to just dislodge the front wing, which tangled with the axle, rather than blatant ramming. Still, i'd black flag him for that if I were a steward.

How about this one:

British Rally Champ (x3) on his 2nd attempt to set the record for car's around the fearsome Isle of Man TT course (he actually got it on his first and bettered it on a later run - ave speed 115mph!).

Not without somehow managing to catch a 150mph tankslapper around Bray Corner:

Check the expression of the co-driver! Commander Robot!

Go here:http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/269212/new_subaru_tt_video.html to see it from his perspective (abou the 4 min mark). How he cranks on a full turn of opposite lock in the time he does is astonishing :crazy:

Last edited:
There was a crash, and a car drove down the straight and leaked oil on the racing line.
THe OMG/WTF is that they all managed to avoid each other.

Oh Dear

Last edited:
This was listed in this weeks Autosport with the caption "We defy you not to duck at 50 seconds"

As the commentators pointed out, Morbidelli received a prompt from a track marshall to flick the car around, so he's not really at fault; the marshall is.

As the commentators pointed out, Morbidelli received a prompt from a track marshall to flick the car around, so he's not really at fault; the marshall is.

I agree 100%, but it still isnt something you see everyday. I hope the marshall got a talking to.

The fuel hose breaking could have been a disaster as well. I have never seen that much fuel spilled in the pits.

The fuel hose breaking could have been a disaster as well. I have never seen that much fuel spilled in the pits.

Owh that scared the 🤬 out of me.. I think I've never seen such fuel hose breaking in motorsport and feared of having another Gianmaria Bruni pit incident in F1 back in 2004.

Granted, the marshall gave him the signall to go but who in their right mind drives the wrong way on a racetrack, safety car or not?

No, I think the marshall or the guy told Morbidelli to spin the car right about there and not drive into the corner. In any way, it's not completely both of their fault anyway.

No, I think the marshall or the guy told Morbidelli to spin the car right about there and not drive into the corner. In any way, it's not completely both of their fault anyway.

Don't think I can agree with that. Morbidelli with his experience should have known better and the marshall should (IMO) never have given him the signal in the first place or at the very least had some sort of contact with other marshalls back around the corner before instructing Morbidelli to move.

Timo Gloack and Andy Zuber (I think) taking each other off and then Ernesto Viso (or E.J. Viso as he is now known) having a monster shunt in 2007.

Yeah, that one was a double-WTF...so bad I even made a thread about it. Viso nearly lost his life in that accident, but thankfully the worst casualty was a fire extinguisher nozzle.

Thanks though, the original video clip in my thread was removed.

Well...the two biggest OMG WTF moments I refuse to show because of fatalities. But keep up the good work, guys. Lots of awesome clips.

Well...the two biggest OMG WTF moments I refuse to show because of fatalities. But keep up the good work, guys. Lots of awesome clips.

Good call. No Fatal or graphic clips please... and I know what one of them is I think... :nervous:

Back