MR Corvette C8 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,295 comments
Where else should they put the batteries and maintain good balance? @ProjectWHaT

I mean many all electric cars the driver and passenger sit on top of the battery pack...

Here is this image

image0.png

Less than $60k starting price?!

Right hand drive models, eh?

I feel like the red isn't doing the design any favours, especially with the live stream flattening the colour depth. Reds tend to all bleed together, and it makes the lines look less defined.

upload_2019-7-18_23-58-46.png

C8.R

Where else should they put the batteries and maintain good balance? @ProjectWHaT

I mean many all electric cars the driver and passenger sit on top of the battery pack...
They technically don't need a tunnel so I think it's interested that they did. So I'm assuming the batteries will be put there for a future hybrid model since there doesn't seem to appear to be any other place to put it

Press photos seem to be coming out now

Here's some with good lighting

2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg

Looking at it now, the tunnel appears to be quite small.

The previously mentioned Z51 Performance Package adds beefier brakes and cooling, not to mention an exhaust system with a bit more bellow to its bass. As for the handling, the four driving modes from the previous model are available, along with two new modes including a Z mode that offers full customization of all settings.

https://www.motor1.com/news/360672/c8-corvette-2020-chevy-debut/

Note the base model costs less than $60,000 and the quoted 0-60 time is for the Z51 PP.

Road & Track have some official images.
corvette-front.jpg

Front looks good. If they had built another front-engine gen., this could easily work.

corvette-side.jpg

corvette-side-2.jpg

This is a rough angle is where you lose the Corvette linkage and the car looks generic.

corvette-rear.jpg

The rear isn't much of a charmer, esp. with the spoiler. The design language is GM, but not much Corvette.

corvette-int.jpg

Beyond my take on the steering wheel and row of buttons, this looks good. I thought the C7 interior was a nice leap in quality from the C6, and this looks like another great leap forward. In Clarkson style, proper supercar.

So yeah, based on everything revealed, the performance is great, the price nails that bang for the buck and in what is still an exotic-looking car, it looks like the fantastic opportunity to push the Corvette forward as a true competitor to the exotic market. I just don't like the looks sadly. Maybe kill the rear trunk space, and bring the rear in more so that the engine cover glass ends right at the tail end of the car like the last couple generations. :indiff:

Looks a bit generic and outdated... If you told me this was made by one of those start up supercar companies, I wouldn’t have been surprised. The interior is cool though, I like how the driver is sort of in their own space. The back third of the car looks quite odd from some angles as well, the body rises quite high up.

Wow, it's now mid-engined and looking more like a Supercar, but it's still under $60k at starting price. I'm impressed with GM, though I was impressed with the C7 too. The car from the front looks a bit vicious, like its asking for a fight.

I gotta put my 2 cents in here.

Sure the looks are, a bit underwhelming, compared to some brands that specialize in exclusively producing mid engine cars, but coming from a brand that pretty much otherwise exlcusively produces passenger cars for the masses we should be happy GM is even dabbling their hands into the market to begin with.

And to do it with an under $60k retail price (listen guys some pickups that your boss drives sometimes cost 20k more), we shouldn't be complaining no matter what it looks like.

Its being met with appraise across social media. Stop being so damn picky about a $55k car that is probably (more than likely) faster than anything you own.

Unless some crazy gremlins come out a truly affordable supercar looks to be finally here... Too bad it's probably gonna be like $85k up here minimum and is like 5 years away from being under $60k used.

And to do it with an under $60k retail price (listen guys some pickups that your boss drives sometimes cost 20k more), we shouldn't be complaining no matter what it looks like.
What does a more expensive SUV have to do with anything? The base car looks even more generic.
Its being met with appraise across social media. Stop being so damn picky about a $55k car that is probably (more than likely) faster than anything you own.
This is such a stupid argument. I owned a 505Bhp Z06 though, so I guess I'm free to continue my scrutiny.
Of course people will be picky, it's an American car.
Mmm yes, I happen to recall a $55K Japanese car that got even more hassle....

Back