MR Corvette C8 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,295 comments
So people love clicking when there's the face of the Youtuber in the thumbnail of the video?

That guy's covering almost half of the car, shouldn't the Corvette C8 itself cover most of the thumbnail?

Eh, maybe I'm just living in the past because I don't like these at all.
Luckily there are still some great Youtubers out there who don't have these kind of addictions.
It's likely even dumber than kneeling down in front of the car with your arms wide open in every single thumbnail.

It could arguably br worse to use the C8 as the cover b/c there's no actual C8 in the video, though. The guy spends half the video at the dealer discussing his order changes which is where the title twist comes in. GM didn't "force" him to do anything. He admits he wants the car for content like a desperate child, so if he orders the car he wants, he has to wait til' basically next year to get it b/c GM only has so much of the options currently available. I guess he doesn't want to repeat posting videos about "NEW C8 UNVEILING... MINE SOON!" and then 2 years later, he finally gets one like he did the C7 ZR1. Which... also had click bait "controversy" about it.

aw_uV5GFCvVRdZKxjr7mNk20zLKMg8AuikU5dmOQFgmd-JBHj3jRPB6FkiEIaPyHLoPFu4NWq2NUpm_MCwivIZpPC8cmeOWsxydXUvjBFai49AOi12Dzm073USU8UAi3bODJhn5jh7X3QlQuitgLVz_UsFdZ_3qfjWVVglUGXqfLpmwhG16rsMNTLyKUxWhm9mCDrWiXTfgK-oJtriD5_2wiKiNOkNynddDjJJ5HKGDotH7Pyl2hvgatLA5fv8Zx5_ozXLA6tR_hbwFCBDWT1gDNNcFRbzcXCHBBUelTFsm1bg1s4olaSDZaPqnfU63Q3oeww82MNkVTAJ6IydErnva2lZFnQzE7o7fnrGb1hyFM8Ugk8Q7E-2OqIHAlYx3j9eEtmyjq-uG8XBxdjC55q5szxlM9YqlXmY2YcPulZrRmfm-Yj6-i0HpI0H5io7I8AThS22yyNUcnY6TgIRTIXO_qT1XY40k_GrHWdDRIS6IL5jRbj_lINeL3X8gKqKK62pGejG3KAf0JUxlYGIRgtZ_u0wlNEkXIs0JLgzuJzdwuhMETv4FSLX-WeIAFJTZHKartWM6f4ledkHbyYyT4r5fD5uvJU17ADnL48PqzV-4IV1BG8DCUgZJv6UbxcMPt4OF-wZwTonDqXH8687JZ3pNlnjy_PkDt=w523-h926-no
Is it the lighting on the seat or have they already gotten that dirty? Good god.

Probably needs a midlife facelift in the future to make the rear lights smaller.

I would replace the whole assembly and just have lines of Led in the shape of that, If They really want to go with that design.

The place for the plate should be lower like the NSX imo.

115ft braking 60-0 is.....not really that great?

That's the only thing that stands out to me on the performance specs. The rest seems pretty inline with expectations.

115ft braking 60-0 is.....not really that great?

That's the only thing that stands out to me on the performance specs. The rest seems pretty inline with expectations.

That also stood out to me. Weight distribution under braking should be better, so the distance should be going down not up, unless the tires are made out of hockey pucks.

For what it is worth, Mrs. Wheelmansteve was at Carlisle with her sisters manning the NCOA booth, and says the car is much nicer looking in person. Personally, I'm praying that we get a kit of it from Tamiya or Aoshima so it gets done right. Also wondering wht the 2-3 year resale is going to look like...
(And when it will show up in GTS...)

Last edited:
Is this also an April first joke? The Corvette seems to be slower 0 - 60 mph (96 Kph) = 3.0 sec and 0 - 100 kph = 2.9 sec. Or am I being stupid again?

chevrolet-corvette-leak_100713571_l.jpg

Little bit showing the end of a top speed run. I like that it seemingly avoids one of my more recent automotive dislikes (requiring to be in fifth to reach 100 MPH).
That would be a little bit of shame. One of the things I really liked in recent Corvettes was the gearing in 1st. My C6Z could run just under 60 in first, and a M7 C7Z I drove was around 50-55mph, and you'd usually bang into 100mph at either the bottom or top of 3rd respectively. So needing 5th to hit 100mph sounds rather odd & disappointing to me for a new Corvette.

Back