MrUnknown Got Banned?

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 53 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to comment on something completely irrelevant to the topic, ya know.
Just pointing out your new thing.

On topic: I used to hate MrUnknown until a week ago. And of course, THATS when he gets permabanned.

Have you paid attention to A THING that was posted in this thread?

Not to mention, you have liked almost half the posts in this thread.

star-trek-joke-gif.gif

For what reason? Ads for numerous things are posted all over the site for non-premium members.

His grammar was good, and he wrote 7-8 paragraphs about the company. I also don't think a spambot would name themselves Singram Jack.

And for all we know, Singram could be a major GT enthusiast. That was definitely not the first time a new member has posted an irrelevant thread in the wrong forum.
AUP
You will not post advertisements or solicitations outside of designated areas or without proper authorization

It's as simple as that. Violate the AUP and you'll be warned, infracted, or banned at the discretion of the staff. But you should know that already, since you read and agreed to abide by the AUP when you signed up to the forums.

The same thing happened to MrUnknown. He violated the AUP and did not cease doing so despite multiple warnings.

Last edited:
It's as simple as that. Violate the AUP and you'll be warned, infracted, or banned at the discretion of the staff. But you should know that already, since you read and agreed to abide by the AUP when you signed up to the forums.
I see that Singram blatantly ignored the AUP, by posting ads without authority. Thanks, Beetlejuice.

Then what is the point of the ban log?
Its intention is to give people enough information to avoid threads like this.
Are the moderators required to keep ban reasons a secret?
We certainly aren't obligated to tell you anything about why someone is no longer here yet we still do.

Unless people feel pushing. Then you can pretty much forget it.
This is censorship. :rolleyes:
Feel free to change the rules when you buy GTPlanet from Jordan.

Then what is the point of the ban log? Are the moderators required to keep ban reasons a secret? This is censorship. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a great idea to repeat what someone did wrong. If a member posted the word $&@%# towards another user, and that was not permitted; then we would not be setting a good example by saying $&@%# in one thread, explaining that someone was banned by posting $&@%# in another, and so on and so $&@%#ing forth. In any case, all-round low post quality doesn't work well around here.

Having a public place to talk about other members individually isn't really a good idea, and it's not productive to measure up one post from User A so as to compare it to User B in a totally different context. We have profile posts for that kind of thing, and it drags down actual discussion. It's not censorship, it's good stewardship.

Then what is the point of the ban log? Are the moderators required to keep ban reasons a secret? This is censorship. :rolleyes:

...and if this were a country or even a democracy, that would probably be a valid point. But it isn't. So it's not.

What on Earth is going on up in here?

Staff do not routinely share the infractions that members have received in public. Whatever he did he did enough of it often enough to be banned for it.

I have no idea what adspammers have to do with anything, except 'enough of it often enough to be banned for it' is 'registered to the site to post adverts and links for supremely dodgy rubbish' and 'once'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back