MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,768 views
No it is not.. you will however be the 3rd reserve on the list.
You can never count on a full lobby but you can't rule it out either so its impossible to say when or where you will get to race. If your fine with that the yes please sign up.

I am ok with being on the stand bye status.

There is a solution to the number of racers that can be in the event.

I don't know how laggy this game is with full races, having an a and b room would mean more work. Top qualifiers run in the a group and race for the overall win of the event, while b room races for positions that are left out of a room.

Did something pretty similar with NASCAR leagues years ago.

Any which way count me in for where ever I can fit.

If anyone wants to add me my PSN name is Tall_Paul_73
 
Without trying to read all 118 pages of posts my understanding is 1.5 hr endurance race in which ever class for the month with BOP and no setups.

Would like to be in BMW if that's open and there is the opportunity for me to run.

Thanks
Paul.

Edit:
Also knowing the fuel consumption and tire wear rate would help in testing. 50 to 80 laps on a tank would certainly limit the number of stops needed I suppose.
 
Last edited:
I am ok with being on the stand bye status.

There is a solution to the number of racers that can be in the event.

I don't know how laggy this game is with full races, having an a and b room would mean more work. Top qualifiers run in the a group and race for the overall win of the event, while b room races for positions that are left out of a room.

Did something pretty similar with NASCAR leagues years ago.

Any which way count me in for where ever I can fit.

If anyone wants to add me my PSN name is Tall_Paul_73


Unfortunately I'm just not setup to run two lobbies. We have never had enough people to justify running two lobbies in the past so I'm not even remotely setup to do that.
It's an incredible amount of work and a major undertaking to make two lobbies run flawlessly and while I have help now with this Series. There is simply not enough time for us to implement two lobbies at this point with the race being this Saturday.
I have you down with the BMW and I will send you a friend request soon. 👍
 
Unfortunately I'm just not setup to run two lobbies. We have never had enough people to justify running two lobbies in the past so I'm not even remotely setup to do that.
It's an incredible amount of work and a major undertaking to make two lobbies run flawlessly and while I have help now with this Series. There is simply not enough time for us to implement two lobbies at this point with the race being this Saturday.
I have you down with the BMW and I will send you a friend request soon. 👍
The two lobbies is hard lol we've experienced about every kind of problem imaginable it takes alot of pre-planning, communication, strategy to run them flawlessly (and then you still have to worry about the wonderful PD grid issues lol....but with all that said rinsky if you ever decide to run a second lobby let me know and we can help out with anything you have an issue
 
The two lobbies is hard lol we've experienced about every kind of problem imaginable it takes alot of pre-planning, communication, strategy to run them flawlessly (and then you still have to worry about the wonderful PD grid issues lol....but with all that said rinsky if you ever decide to run a second lobby let me know and we can help out with anything you have an issue

For sure you definitely need a plan in place hosts backups backups for backups then figure out how your going to score it. We are inching closer and closer to three lobbies ourselves it's an amazing problem to have but boy o boy does it make racetime stressful.
 
The two lobbies is hard lol we've experienced about every kind of problem imaginable it takes alot of pre-planning, communication, strategy to run them flawlessly (and then you still have to worry about the wonderful PD grid issues lol....but with all that said rinsky if you ever decide to run a second lobby let me know and we can help out with anything you have an issue

Watching you guys run two lobbies every week is how I know its very difficult and how I know I'm not even remotely ready for that. It takes many dedicated members who are willing to put in a lot of time and work to pull it off.
I hate having to tell people you probably won't get to race every month but its better than the trainwreck that would happen if I attempted two lobbies right now..lol
 
You know u have all of our resources at your disposal you respect you and what you are doing and I know everyone of us is happy to help.

You guys stay so busy I would feel bad about adding more work to you. It will have to be something that's worked on over time so it doesn't put any more stress on us than there already is.

You guys have all these computer programs that help speed the process up and that's not something I can implement very quickly. I do know my way around a computer but getting all that setup and learning the new programs & programming will take me some time.
 
You guys stay so busy I would feel bad about adding more work to you. It will have to be something that's worked on over time so it doesn't put any more stress on us than there already is.

You guys have all these computer programs that help speed the process up and that's not something I can implement very quickly. I do know my way around a computer but getting all that setup and learning the new programs & programming will take me some time.

Lol our tech department is definitely top notch but most of us are already racing with you so not that big of a deal I know our resident pretty face @TexasJDC is not usually super busy. Just let us know what you need.
 
Lol our tech department is definitely top notch but most of us are already racing with you so not that big of a deal I know our resident pretty face @TexasJDC is not usually super busy. Just let us know what you need.

I really appreciate this more than you will ever know.
I will wait until this busy weekend comes to an end before I start asking questions and putting step one into place.. again I'm not in a hurry or a rush to implement a second lobby because I want to take my time so everything is done correctly.

Thanks again for the kind offer... you guys are just awesome and it's easy to see why ARL has become so popular in a very short amount of time. Very few leagues go so in depth for their members like you guys do.
 
I have a practice lobby up for the next hour or so if anyone wants to practice.

Closed
 
Last edited:
You must be running the trifecta this Saturday between the 3 leagues. I really want to also.
In order to do all three you have to sign up for all three. Please sign up before this weekend if you want a fair chance at a car. Car selection goes up tomorrow.
 
In order to do all three you have to sign up for all three. Please sign up before this weekend if you want a fair chance at a car. Car selection goes up tomorrow.
Those days are going to kill me.
 
Same, but I'm only ever doing two of the three races so it's not so bad.
 
I look foreward to the challenge there may be an actuall time I have to do 4 race on a saturday
If you're including the nations cup i'll be right there with you.
 
In order to do all three you have to sign up for all three. Please sign up before this weekend if you want a fair chance at a car. Car selection goes up tomorrow.

I will but the car doesn't matter because I don't have a lot of seat time in all the cars in that class. Plus I'm not going to be any competition for the points anyway so I will just take what others don't.
 
And to be honest, with our custom BOP all of the cars are extremely close in pace. It really does depend on the driver now so any car is a good choice. Have fun with it
 
Got a question regarding the qualifier , whats the idea off putting the tirewear up to x12 ? I beleive that it will just make the last 5 min a waste off time as you have had so much wear on your tires that it is impossible to do any better , unless you offcourse make the first 8 min be about driving gently to not have any wear so you can do a lap with less fuel , but then again , thats not possible iff you have to get the car up to race pace after lap 1 .......... I would say have the tirewear on x1 and put the fuelwear up to x12 , that will take the fuelburning out of it ....... just my humble opinion :)
 
Got a question regarding the qualifier , whats the idea off putting the tirewear up to x12 ? I beleive that it will just make the last 5 min a waste off time as you have had so much wear on your tires that it is impossible to do any better , unless you offcourse make the first 8 min be about driving gently to not have any wear so you can do a lap with less fuel , but then again , thats not possible iff you have to get the car up to race pace after lap 1 .......... I would say have the tirewear on x1 and put the fuelwear up to x12 , that will take the fuelburning out of it ....... just my humble opinion :)

Or just turn them both off for qualifying
 
Got a question regarding the qualifier , whats the idea off putting the tirewear up to x12 ? I beleive that it will just make the last 5 min a waste off time as you have had so much wear on your tires that it is impossible to do any better , unless you offcourse make the first 8 min be about driving gently to not have any wear so you can do a lap with less fuel , but then again , thats not possible iff you have to get the car up to race pace after lap 1 .......... I would say have the tirewear on x1 and put the fuelwear up to x12 , that will take the fuelburning out of it ....... just my humble opinion :)

Qualifying is not supposed to be easy because it's not in real racing. In the real world a set of qualifying tires might last you two laps before they are done.
It makes things way more difficult when you only have two laps to put in your best time instead of running around the track for the full 10 minutes getting 8 laps or so in.
Because this makes the track congested with 16 players all out at once and that never works well as somebody is always in someone else's way during qualifying. Or others piggyback off your draft to get a better time than possible on their own.

I have learned all this from running qualifying last season and being in other leagues qualifying. There is more on the line this year and I never said I was going to make it easy for everyone. This is part of the challenge to getting a top 3 spot at the end of the year. You must put in the qualifying lap of your life in a few short laps.
 
It’ll be one lap for me in the Gr.4 Subaru, then I’ll park it somewhere for the rest of the session.

So you’re not allows to go in the pits to park to avoid causing yellow flags?

Yes you can go into the pits but don't select your tire compound or leave your car.
I've always done it that way but I find others don't like for people to do that in there leagues. Probably because to many mistakes happen when people do that and one reason would be you can't chat when sitting there like that.
So most people just pull off the track and sit somewhere until the race starts. It's up to you.

The tire wear is set at X6 for the race and I can get between 12 & 13 laps on tires and fuel so at X12 for qualifying everyone should be able to get in around 3 laps not including your OutLap.
The qualifying Settings will change from class to class and probably from race to race depending on the location. So if everyone feels that the qualifying settings are to extreme then we will adjust them accordingly.

Hopefully everyone understands what I'm trying to accomplish here by putting the pressure on everyone to run a very good qualifying lap with very little time to get it done.
I think it adds to the challenge and its something most other leagues don't do.. but if everyone is against this approach then I'm open to all feedback on the issue.
 
Just my two cents, but I feel like qualifying is meant to be the purest representation of how fast you can go. There's no need add pressure with tire wear. Let us drive the car to it's full potential to get the best representation of what we're capable of.
 
Back